Thirty One

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon is about to go to bed when she heard someone ringing her doorbell. And it wasn't just a one-thing ringing, the person ringing it seems like in a hurry. She went out of her room to see who it is. When she opens the door, Gwang Jae immediately enters her home followed by Song Yi who gave her an apologetic smile. She follows them.

"Oppa, Unnie, what's wrong?" she asks. Gwang Jae faces her and he looks mad. "Are you out of your mind? You chose Lee Jung Woo to be the lead actor?!" Gwang Jae yells. Song Yi holds his arm.

"Yeobo, let Hye Yeon explain. She has her reasons. Please listen first." Song Yi calmly says. Gwang Jae looks at his wife then back at Hye Yeon.

"Right. Tell me. What's your reason for letting that jerk back in your life?" Gwang Jae asks.

Hye Yeon sighs. She knew that this will happen after she read the article that morning about Lee Jung Woo being chosen to be the main actor in her new drama. That it will be a sure hit because Ji Seung Hoon will be directing it, she wrote the story and it will be the comeback project of Lee Jung Woo and his reunion with Kang Mi Suk.

"Oppa, it wasn't my decision alone. Ji PD-nim, the producers and I did the decision for it. If you will ask me, I have my prefer actor but Lee Jung Woo fits the role too. They see this as a good opportunity for the press release of the drama. You see, I wrote this story after 'Captivated by You', Ji Seung Hoon will direct this, and this will be a comeback project for Lee Jung Woo and his reunion with Kang Mi Suk. It's good PR." She aid.

"But why did you agree, Hye Yeon-ah? Aren't you afraid that it will happen again?" he asks. Hye Yeon knows what he means. She smiles towards her brother. "Oppa, it's all in the past now. Jung Woo and I are long over. My relationship with him now is purely work-related. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't worry about me." Hye Yeon assures him.

Gwang Jae isn't convinced. "Do you want me to talk to them about Lee Jung Woo? Or better yet, do you want to back out of this project? I can talk to them. Just tell me." He said out of frustration. Hye Yeon approaches her brother and holds his hand. "Oppa, you can't protect me forever. Let me fight my own battle. This is just Lee Jung Woo. He hasn't done anything to upset me or something. I can handle this. Trust me. Hmm?"

Gwang Jae can't help but worry about her. He saw with his own eyes how hard for her when Jung Woo left her. He sighs. "I will still talk to JI PD regarding this matter. At least you can stay away from him during the shoot. I don't want him around you. Just allow me to do this."

Hye Yeon nodded. "If it will give you peace of mind, then do it. This dram will be as successful as what we did Oppa. I guarantee you that." She chuckles.

"You should be ready. Young Jae will call you as soon as he reads the article." Song Yi said. Hye Yeon gaped. "Oh, no. He will be so mad at me."

"Just explain your side, Hye Yeon-ah. He will understand it more than this man." Song Yi said as he points at her husband. Gwang Jae scowls at her.

"Okay! Are we done here? Can we go home now?" Song Yi asks Gwang Jae. Gwang Jae nodded. He looks back at his sister. "We'll go ahead." He said. Hye Yeon nodded and accompanies them to the door. Song Yi waves at her and the couple left. She closes and locks her door. She sighs. Tomorrow will be a busy day for her. The media will have a fest with her again.

---

Hye Yeon is heading to the office of the head for TV series when someone calls her name. She looks around and saw Lee Jung Woo. She can't help but sighs. He walks towards her so she turns to face him. She smiles at him.

"Hello, Lee Jung Woo-ssi." She said.

"Hi, Hye Yeon-ah. How are you?" he asks. Hye Yeon didn't like the fact that he calls her in an informal way but she let that pass. "I'm quite busy. I'm meeting the head for the TV series. But I'm well. You?"

"I'm good. I just finished shooting my guesting." He said with a smile.

Hye Yeon nodded. "I see. Have Oh So Nyeo inform you of the script reading?" she asks.

"Yes, she emailed Hwi Jae Hyung about it." He paused. "Hye Yeon, can I invite you for dinner?"

She gives him a quizzical look. "For what? Is there a problem with your schedule or the contract for the drama?"

"No, everything is perfect. I... We need to talk." He said in a serious tone. The smile on Hye Yeon's face is gone and she's staring at him. "What do we need to talk about over dinner?"

"About us." He mutters.

Hye Yeon huffed and shakes her head. She looks back at him. "What about us? I thought we mutually decided to break up?"

Jung Woo tries to touch her arm but she steps back. "We have nothing to talk about, Jung Woo-ssi. If it's not work-related, then avoid talking to me. Excuse me." She walked past him but he speaks again.

"I'm not over you, Hye Yeon-ah."

Hye Yeon stops walking.

"I'm not over you. Ever since I left you, there's a constant pain in my heart. It's yearning for you. And I will do everything to win you back." He tells her. "You're my person, Choi Hye Yeon."

She looks back at him with a blank expression on her face. "You're not over me?" she huffed and smile. "That's your problem." She turns her back at him. "I'll see you in the script reading, Lee Jung Woo-ssi. And don't even discuss personal matters to me again." She walks away from him but she stops again when she saw Park Dong Joon staring at her then to Lee Jung Woo. He took a deep breath before he walks towards the elevator. Hye Yeon starts to worry. He might think that Jung Woo is pursuing her.

Hye Yeon went to the office of the head of the TV series department to discuss something about the location for the new drama. After their meeting, her worries towards Dong Joon seeing her with Jung Woo still bothers her and the fact that he hasn't spoken to her for days. She decided to go to his office to talk to him.

When she arrived at his floor, Haru smiles at her.

"Hello, Ms. Choi." Haru said.

"Hi. Is Vice President Park busy?" she asks. Haru shakes her head. "No, Ms. Choi. He just finished checking the studio for the new program. Should I tell him you're here?" Haru asks. Hye Yeon shakes her head. "I'll just go in. I have personal matters with him." Hye Yeon left Haru. She knocks on the door first before he opens it. When she enters and closes the door, Dong Joon is facing away from her, looking outside the window.

"Dong Joon-ah." Hye Yeon calls his name. Dong Joon looks at her direction with a blank expression on his face. "Ms. Choi, what can I do for you?" he said.

Hye Yeon walks towards his desk and stood in front of it. Dong Joon sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter