Forty Seven

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon was released from the hospital 10 days after she woke up. Being worried, Gwang Jae offered her to stay with them but Hye Yeon refused. She wants to stay at her own home and she assures him that she's fine.

Dong Joon still visits her after his work. He even stays and sleeps in her home sometimes. Hye Yeon takes that opportunity to take care of her boyfriend. Or at least make him late dinner or breakfast. They will talk for an hour or two then, he will cuddle her, and they both sleep.

It's been a week since Hye Yeon was discharged. She's working on a new story when she received an email from her former classmate in France. Hye Yeon is smiling upon hearing from a friend she meet in France. She's glad that she's doing well and soon to publish a book. She remembers the time where she also wanted to publish her own book. She sighs and brushes off the idea in her mind. She clicked the reply button and type a reply to her friend.

---

"Meeting adjourned." Dong Joon said as his staff starts to leave the meeting room. He pinches the bridge of his nose and rests his back on his seat. Soo Jung and Justin are watching him. The couple noticed that despite his formal look, Dong Joon looks exhausted.  He's been working for 10-12 hours a day, visit his father to check on him and go to Hye Yeon to be with her. He sleeps at least 3-6 hours a day, more like 4 hours regularly.

"Dong Joon, why don't you go home and rest. You look unwell," Soo Jung said.

"I'm fine, Noona. I still have a meeting later. I need to be there," Dong Joon sighs as he tilts his head from side to side. He looks at Justin. "How is the meeting with the new entertainment show?"

"Everything is well, Dong Joon. The head of their department will bring the documents for approval on your office soon," Justin explains. Dong Joon nods before he looks back at his sister. Soo Jung gasps and stood at her seat. Dong Joon's nose was bleeding.

"Your nose. It's bleeding," Soo Jung said as she points her finger at him. Dong Joon touches his nose and stares at his hand. There's blood. Dong Joon looks up as he picks up his handkerchief to cover his nose. Justin approaches him.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Dong Joon nods "I'm fine. Don't worry,"

"Should we go to the hospital?"

"I'm fine, Noona," Dong Joon said in an annoyed tone.

"At least go to the company clinic," Justin suggested. Soo Jung approaches him. "Please, Dong Joon. Let the company doctor check you," she pleaded. "If you won't, I will tell Mom and Dad." he threatens him "Or Choi Hye Yeon!"

"Fine. I'll go to the clinic. But please call Ki Bum. He will accompany me." Dong Joon stood up soo Jung stood beside him "I'll go with you."

"No. Let Ki Bum go with me. Just go back to your office. I'll be fine,"

"Dong Joon..."

"Noona, I'm fine. This is nothing. I promise you, if this is something, I will tell you. You can accompany me in the hospital," Dong Joon promised her. Justin holds on to his wife. Soo Jung looks back at her husband.

"He's fine. Let's just ask Mr. Moon to report to us," Justin told his wife. Soo Jung sighs and glances back at his brother. She noticed that there's a bloodstain in his dress shirt. "Your shirt," she mutters.

"I have a spare in my office. Don't worry, Noona," Dong Joon said before heading to the exit. Justin and Soo Jung follow him. Dong Joon saw Ki Bum and Haru waiting outside. The two assistants approach him and noticed the bloodstain in his shirt.

"Mr. Moon, accompany me to the clinic. Ms. Shin, kindly get my spare clothes in my office and bring it to the clinic as soon as you can,"

"Yes, sir," Haru said before leaving. Dong Joon looks back to his sister who still looks worried about him. Dong Joon nods at her before he and Ki Bum left them.

"He's fine, love. He just needs a rest," Justin assures his wife. Soo Jung faces Justin with a sad expression in her face "I can't help but worry about him. Ever since he became the CEO, he's working too hard. It's not like he has to prove anything to anyone," Soo Jung leans at her husband and Justin hugs her.

"Dong Joon just wants the best for the company. And he's doing his best for his family, not for anyone. Let's be there for him and support him," Justin said. "Come on, let's go to your office and have tea. You're stressing yourself too,"

---

That night, Dong Joon arrived at Hye Yeon's home. The living room was empty so he went to her room. Hye Yeon is on her bed, back resting on the headboard while reading a book. She looks up and smiles upon seeing him. The tiredness on Dong Joon's body disappeared upon seeing her smile. He took off his coat and untied his necktie. He walks towards her and sat down at the edge of the bed beside her. Hye Yeon closes her book and scoot closer to him to touch his face. He leans on her touch and closes his eyes.

"Tired?" she asks.

"Very. But I'm fine," he said before he opens his eyes and stare at Hye Yeon. She rubs her thumb on Dong Joon's cheek.

"Would you like to take a bath to relax? I'll prepare it for you," she offers.

"Only if you will join me," he grins. Hye Yeon rolled her eyes and smiles at him. She nods at him.

Thirty minutes later, Dong Joon and Hye Yeon are facing each other while they are in the bathtub filled with water and bubbles. Hye Yeon is massaging Dong Joon's arm while he keeps on staring at her.

"How was your day?" Hye Yeon asked.

"It was okay. Full of meetings as usual," he paused. "How about you?"

"I read a book, tried a new recipe, and watched a movie. I also write something." she sighs. "It's kinda boring. I miss going to work,"

"You're a writer, Hye Yeon. When you're ready, you can go back. But for now, just focus on your story and stay here. The media is still curious about you. They want your side of the story," Dong Joon pulls his arm from Hye Yeon's hold before taking her hands. "I don't want them to bother you. So, if you still can, just stay home and work here,"

"It will be unfair to others." she pouts.

"You're the girlfriend of the CEO-president of the company, and that president wants you healthy and stress-free," Dong Joon stated. Hye Yeon smiles. Dong Joon moves back and rests his back on the tub. Hye Yeon scoots closer to him and rests her back on Dong Joon's chest. Dong Joon wraps his arms on her waist while Hye Yeon laid the back of her head on his shoulder.

"Oppa?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I come with you tomorrow to KEBN?" she asks.

"Why?"

"I just miss the place. And I wanna see some familiar faces," she mutters.

Dong Joon kisses her temple "Are you fed up that you only see me, Song Yi and Gwang Jae?" he teases her. Hye Yeon chuckles as she places her hands above Dong Joon's arms on his waist. "I'm happy to regularly see the three of you. But I just want to go out even just for a day. If you want, I can stay with you in the office or within the vicinity of the building," she promised.

"Well, that sounds good. But I don't want you to get bored. Sure, you can come with me. But you can't roam alone if you wanna go out. You can bring one of my assistants or ask your production assistants to accompany you." he says.

"Maybe So Nyeo or Nara" she paused. "Can I visit Sung Woo and Yoo An's café?"

"Sure. But inform them so they can do some security measures. Just in case the media follows you," Dong Joon sighs. "I wish I could hire a bodyguard for you"

"Oppa, I'm fine. There's no need for that. I'll be with my staff or in the café. I'll be safe." Hye Yeon tilts her head to look back at him "I promise that I will call you if I don't feel good," she promised.

Dong Joon nods. "Fair enough," he mutters. He raises his hand and touches her jaw. Dong Joon feels relief that Hye Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter