Twenty Six

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon is in her home on Saturday morning. She's having coffee, and pancakes for breakfast. She's checking the news about the cast of her upcoming drama. They already have chosen the actors that will be in the drama. It's Lee Dong Gun, Kim Ji Won, Park Hae Jin, and Kim Yoo Ri. The drama revolves around Kim Ji Won's character who loves Park Hae Jin but he left her to pursue his dreams and then she meets Lee Dong Gun in her vacation in the Philippines, who is engaged at Kim Yoo Ri's character but she currently in a coma due to an accident.

She's reading the comments about the article and she's glad that people are very interested in the drama that she wrote.

Suddenly, her phone rings. It's Dong Joon. She answers it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Hye Yeon-ah. Are you busy today?" he asks.

"Not at all. Why?"

"Do you want to go for a road trip?" he said. Hye Yeon is surprised by his question but going on a road trip sounds fun. "Where?" she asked.

"Just heading Eastside. Probably Sokcho. Ms. Shin told me about this famous rice soup restaurant there. I want to check it out and relax a bit." he paused. "Please come with me."

She checked the time. It's 8:30 in the morning. She has nothing to do that day. She sighs. "Okay. Pick me up after an hour. I'll message you my address."

"Great! I'll be there in one hour sharp. Bye!" he hangs up.

Hye Yeon smiles and shakes her head. She finishes her breakfast and went to her room to prepare.

---

After an hour, Dong Joon is waiting outside Hye Yeon's apartment building. Hye Yeon comes out a few minutes later. As usual, she looks lovely. Dong Joon opens the front passenger's side door and she enters his car. He closes it and went to the driver's side.

On their way to Sokcho, Dong Joon and Hye Yeon talk about the drama she's currently working on. Dong Joon find the drama really interesting, especially the connection of each character with each other. Hye Yeon also opens up about a new story she's working on now. Dong Joon told her to keep on improving it and maybe, she can launch it after her current drama.

When they arrived at Sokcho, Hye Yeon is amazed at how peaceful and beautiful the city is. She took some pictures of the surrounding while Dong Joon drives. Dong Joon immediately went to the rice soup restaurant that Haru recommended. And she's right, their food is exquisite. Dong Joon even asks for another bowl. Dong Joon told Hye Yeon that his sister, Park Soo Jung, is currently engaged to a Canadian-Korean TV executive. The wedding is not set yet but Dong Joon is really happy for his sister. After their meal, they decided to walk on the beach. Even it's weekend, they are thankful that the beach is not crowded.

"I bet the sunrise here great." Hye Yeon said.

"Should we go here on sunrise next time?" Dong Joon suggested. Hye Yeon shrugs and smiles. Dong Joon stares at her while she keeps on looking at the sea.

"I'm really glad you're back." Dong Joon said. Hye Yeon looks at him. He sighs "Ye Won and Tae Sun are good friends but aside from Ji Eun, you're the only friend that I really trust completely. Not that I don't trust them but I trust you the most."

"I'm happy to be back too. France is great but I miss Korea so much. The food there is too dry and bland for my taste. I miss the spicy and salty food here." she chuckles. Dong Joon smiles at her remarks Then, something came up in his mind.

"Hye Yeon-ah?"

"Hmm?"

"What really happens to you and Jung Woo?" he asks. Hye Yeon stops walking. Dong Joon faces her. "You're the jolliest person I know. Suddenly, after the breakup, many people noticed the changes in you. You were quiet and distant. I remember one time that I saw you in the props room. You were staring blankly in a king's costume. If you both decided to broke up, why are you the only one who completely change in a snap?" Dong Joon said.

He's right. She closed herself to everyone after the breakup. She was focused on taking care of Mi Kyung and doing her job. She looks back at the sea and smiles.

"Remember when I told you that Jung Woo wants me to go with him in America?" she asks. He nodded. "We had a fight when he asks me again. I try to compromise with him but he gets mad when I told him that I talked to you about this matter. He accused me of being in love with Young Jae. We didn't talk for weeks after that. I gave him space and wait until he calms down so we can talk in peace." she paused. Dong Joon can see that she is trying her best to not be affected by her past.

"He went to my home one night and asks me to marry him and start a life with him in America. I know he didn't mean it. He just wants an assurance that I will be with him. What hurts me the most is he told me that the Cha family is not my family. That they are just my first love's family. He left the ring and told me that if I didn't go to the airport the next day to come with him, we're over." she looks at Dong Joon. "I was going to him. I really am. I have my passport and luggage on the back of my car. I went to see Mom and say goodbye but she fainted and we rushed her in the hospital. I was so worried about her that I can't leave. I'm trying to call him but his phone is off. That night, I went home with Song Yi Unnie and Gwang Jae Oppa in their home. Unnie then told me the announcement of our breakup." she chuckles. "He broke up with me in a manner that I can't argue with him."

Dong Joon wanted to punch Jung Woo at that moment. How can he make her choose between her family and him? It's very selfish of him to ask her that.

He huffed annoyingly. "Aish... How can he ask you that? Can't he understand the situation?" he said in an annoyed voice. Hye Yeon smiles. "He wants to be with me at that time. I understand him."

"Have you talked to him after that breakup announcement?" he asked. She shook her head. "No. I tried to contact him but nothing. Song Yi Unnie even helped me. We reached Baek Hwi Jae but he told us that Jung Woo is busy and doesn't want to talk to me. That I made my choice and he's dealing with it." she explains.

"I get that he just wants to be with you but asking you to choose between him and your family is not right. He should consider the situation you had that time." he sighs. "Are you okay now?"

"Yes, it's been two years since he left. I already accept it. And if he didn't do that, I won't be the person I am now. I'm still thankful that he was a part of my life." she said plainly. "I'm t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter