Twenty Four

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years later...

Hye Yeon looks at herself in the mirror. She's really nervous. Today, she will be a known-personality again. Not because she's someone's girlfriend, but as the new screenwriter of a new TV Drama.

She takes her bag and hurries herself to leave. She wears her black high heels shoes and exits her two-bedroom apartment. She enters the elevator going to the ground floor and she exits the building. She went to the parking lot for her car. She enters the driver's corner and drives away heading to KEBN.

She misses working in KEBN. She quits her job 20 months ago after Cha Mi Kyung died. After her death, many things happen to her which she's thankful for because if it wasn't for that, she will never be at this point in her life now.

When she arrived at KEBN, she remains in her car for a while. She's really nervous. She takes a deep breath before she exits her car. She walks towards the entrance of KEBN building. This is the beginning of her new career.

A few hours later, Gwang Jae enters the conference hall. The camera starts flashing. He sat in one of the chair there and they started the conference. The press starts asking the question regarding the drama. Gwang Jae answers their question seriously and cheekily. One of the press asks Gwang Jae a question.

"Cha PD-nim, the story of your new drama project is really new. May we know who's the writer of this drama?" the press asks.

Gwang Jae smiles. "I thought no one will ask." The crowd laughs. "The person who writes this story is also the screenwriter for this drama. I will work with this person. Some of you may know her before but this is her debut as a screenwriter. May I present to you, the screenwriter of this drama, Choi Hye Yeon-ssi." Gwang Jae says as he stood up and points his hand to the entrance of the conference hall. The doors open and Hye Yeon enters the hall. Camera flashes on her arrival as she went on stage to greet Gwang Jae. She also bows to the crowd before she sat on the chair beside Gwang Jae.

The press starts asking Hye Yeon some question regarding the drama. She answers it gracefully. She even praised the three actors that will give life to the characters she created. After the press con, Gwang Jae and Hye Yeon walk out of the room.

"You did well." Gwang Jae said. Hye Yeon smiles. "I was really nervous at the press con. Thankfully, the press didn't ask about my personal life."

"They can't do that. It is stated in the invitation that they can't ask personal questions during the press con or they will not be invited again." Gwang Jae. Hye Yeon nodded. They walk toward the elevator to head to the ground floor. Suddenly, one of the PA calls Gwang Jae and asks him to come with him because he needs to signs something.

"You go first to the lobby and wait for me. Song Yi is already waiting in the car with the driver. We'll have lunch after we pick up Shinbi from school." Gwang Jae said as he follows the PA. Hye Yeon waited for the elevator. She checks something from her bag. When the elevator door opens, she saw a person she hasn't seen since Mi Kyung's funeral. Park Dong Joon.

When he heard from his secretary that Choi Hye Yeon is on the new drama press con as the new screenwriter, he doesn't understand what he felt. He was excited, nervous, happy and shock at the same time. Just like years ago, here she is. She became more beautiful than before. He feels like the world stop at that moment. She's still beautiful like before. She looks healthy and happy.

When Hye Yeon saw Dong Joon, she's amazed how handsome and dignified he is. He has this executive look but charming. And his smile is really dashing. They smiled at each other.

"Long time no see, Choi Hye Yeon-ssi." Dong Joon said. Hye Yeon smiles. "It's great to see you again, Vice President Park." she said. She walks inside the elevator. Dong Joon can't help but stare at her.

"When Ms. Shin told me that you are the new screenwriter for Cha PD's new drama, I think she was joking so I had to check if you're really back. Hye Yeon smiles. "I guess you are curious why I suddenly resigned and didn't contact you after that."

He nodded. "I am. But after your break up with Lee Jung Woo and what happened to Mrs. Cha, I guess you needed some time for yourself." he said. Upon mentioning Jung Woo's name, Hye Yeon is calmer now that before. There was a point in her life that he didn't want to hear his name. But she's over it now.

"Something like that." she said. The elevator door opens and they walk towards the main lobby. "Are you heading home?" he asks.

"No, I'm having lunch with my family." she said.

"I see." he checked his watch. "I hope we can meet and lunch together sometimes. Ye Won and Tae Sun will be happy if they knew that you're back."

She's surprised. "You still communicate with them?" she asks.

"Of course. Ye Won is now my lawyer. I also consult her when there's a big contract that I need to sign. Tae Sun and I always do golf and we go to the same gym. We usually have dinner or drink out together at least twice a month." Dong Joon said.

She smiles. "That's great, Dong Joon-ah." she paused. "How about this? Invite them for dinner this Friday night. Then, I'll be there surprise them. what do you think?"

"Great idea. I'll set everything." Dong Joon says. He took out his phone and give it to her. "Give me your number so I can text you the details." She takes his phone and dials her number. She returns it to him.

"I need to get back to my office." Dong Joon said. Hye Yeon nodded and smiles. "Okay."

"Welcome back again and see you around." Dong Joon said as he walks away. Hye Yeon is happy to have contacts with her friends again. She only hopes that she will not have a connection again with Jung Woo.

---

In a restaurant, Hye Yeon is watching Shinbi as she eats. Gwang Jae and Song Yi are talking about her cameo role to the new drama.

"No, that's fine. I'll be glad to do that." Song Yi says with a smile. Gwang Jae smiles back at her. Then he looks at Hye Yeon. "Have you adjusted well on your new home?" he asks.

Hye Yeon looks at her brother. "Oppa, I've been living there for two weeks now. Of course, I'm fine." she takes a bite of her grilled chicken. Gwang Jae nodded. "That's good. But you know, you can still stay with us, if you want."

Song Yi interferes. "Yah. She needs to have her own space. Mom wants her to have that, right? And besides, Hye Yeon should date soon." she winked at her sister-in-law. Hye Yeon just smiled and shook her head.

"Don't date." Gwang Jae says.

"Yeobo." Song Yi protests.

"She should focus on her career for now. She just came back from France. She can date once she's stable." Gwang Jae firmly says. Song Yi rolls her eyes. "She's not a teenager anymore. She's 30 years old. She's turning 31 soon. What's wrong with dating?"

Gwang Jae gave his wife a 'you-know-what look'. Song Yi ignores him.

"Don't worry, Oppa. I don't plan to date anyone right now. I want to focus on my writing." she said.

Song Yi giggles. "Not right now, but soon."

Gwang Jae looks at his wife again. Song Yi just takes a sip of her wine. He looks back at Hye Yeon. "That's good. Might as well use what you learn of your short course in France."

"Okay, Oppa." she said. "By the way, I saw Vice President Park. I didn't know he still meets Tae Sun and Ye Won."

"They become really good friends. They invite me to play golf with them sometimes." Gwang Jae said.

"Dong Joon will plan a dinner with Tae Sun and Ye Won this Friday. I will surprise them," she stated. Gwang Jae and Song Yi find the idea adorable.

"They will be happy to see you, Hye Yeon-ah" Song Yi said. She thinks so too.

---

Friday night comes. Dong Joon is waiting on a booth table. Tae Sun and very pregnant Ye Won arrived after a few minutes.

"Did you wait for too long?" Tae Sun asks. Dong Joon shakes his head. Tae Sun let Ye Won sit first then he sits beside her.

"Friday is not our usual dinner date. What are you up to?" Ye Won asks.

Dong Joon just shrugged. "Nothing much. I just want some Italian dish." he paused. "How's maternity leave?"

Ye Won rolls her eyes. "Boring. I'm just home, doing nothing. I rather am in the hall of justice."

"Yah. You need to rest. You have 4 weeks left before your due." Tae Sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter