Thirty Three

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm way too happy today. So, here's another chapter for you. (I'm updating my two other fics this week. Be patient, please.)

"It's past midnight. You should go home." Hye Yeon told Dong Joon. They are sitting in his car for an hour now. Dong Joon is holding her hand and just staring at her. He pulls up her hand and kisses the back of her hand.

"Thank you for being patient with me," he said.

Hye Yeon smiles. "I wasn't. I have the urge to go to your office and nag you again." she jokingly said. Dong Joon chuckles. "You can do that whenever you want," he said.

Hye Yeon giggles and nods at him.

"Hye Yeon-ah."

"Hmm?"

"I mean it. I'll be with you as long as you want me to," he said. Hye Yeon knows he means it. But it makes her heart flutter ever since she heard it.

"I know. We'll be fine," she said.

"I need to ask something from you," he said. "We should keep this a secret for a while."

She frowns "Why?"

"Your drama is still ongoing. I want the audience to focus on your craft than us. Lee Jung Woo already made you look bad because of his declaration in a talk show that he wants you back. Let's not make the fire bigger." he said. Hye Yeon gets his point. What Jung Woo did is already an issue with their drama.

"Is it okay with you?" she asks.

Dong Joon nodded. "Yes." he smiles.

Hye Yeon can feel the butterflies in her stomach. She's so happy to have Dong Joon now in her life and he loves her too.

"Let's have lunch together later," he said.

She nodded. "Okay."

"Go up. I won't leave until your inside," he said. Hye Yeon took her bad and waved goodbye to him. She opens the door and exits his car. Dong Joon stares at her as she walks towards the entrance of her apartment. She punched the code of her home on the entrance and the glass door opens. She looks back at him and signals him to go. He nodded and waved bye at her. He starts the engine and drives himself home.

---

Hye Yeon is busy checking her email when So Nyeo arrived carrying a huge basket of flowers.

"What's that?" Hye Yeon asks.

I just received it on your behalf, Ms. Choi. There's a card in it." So Nyeo said. She placed the flowers on the side of Hye Yeon's table and left. Hye Yeon took the card and read it.

Hye Yeon,

I'm sorry for what I did last night. Forgive me. But I want you to know that my intention is clean. We really need to talk and let me explain myself. I will wait for you.

Lee Jung Woo

Hye Yeon ripped the card into pieces and dump it in the trash can. Na Ra comes from the pantry so she calls her.

"Yes, Ms. Choi?" Na Ra asks.

"Please remove these flowers on my table," she said. Na Ra picks up the basket. "Where should I put it, Ms. Choi?" she asks.

"I don't know. Dump them, take them, I don't care. I just don't want that here." she said blankly. Na Ra shrugs and takes the flowers away from Hye Yeon. So Nyeo came back and saw Na Ra taking away the flower.

"Oh. Na Ra has your basket of flowers." So Nyeo points out. Hye Yeon looks up at her. "I told her to take it. It is taking the space of my desk." Hye Yeon explains. So Nyeo just nodded.

"Oh. By the way, the Ewha University wants to confirm your appearance as the speaker on Film and TV forum this Friday. What should I reply?" So Nyeo asks.

"Tell them I'll be there." Hye Yeon said. So Nyeo nodded and left her.

---

Gwang Jae, Song Yi, and Hye Yeon are having lunch. Song Yi is doing a new movie and Gwang Jae is planning to direct a new drama. Hye Yeon mentioned that she's a guest speaker in Tv and Film Department of Ewha University.

"That's really great, Hye Yeon-ah." Song Yi said.

"Are you ready for your speech?" Gwang asks.

"Yes, I made a script but I'm just familiarizing myself with it. I wanted to sound natural." she shrugs. Song Yi smiles. "I know you can do it." her sister-in-law said.

Something came up on Hye Yeon's mind. "Oppa?"

Gwang Jae looks at her. "Hmm?"

"I'm just wondering, will you be okay if one day I talked about what happened to me after Mom died?" she asks. Gwang Jae and Song Yi look surprised by her question.

"Why?" Gwang Jae asks.

She shrugs. "It's in my past. I know there will be a point in my life that I will talk about it to someone or it will be mention if I'm on an interview or something. I just want to know what's your thoughts about it."

Song Yi smiles at Hye Yeon "And are you okay with that?"

Hye Yeon nodded.

Gwang Jae sighs. "I don't know but I'm not comfortable about this." Gwang Jae looks at his wife. Song Yi patted his arm for comfort.

"Hye Yeon-ah, I know how strong you are. But are you ready on the backlash of this? Can you handle if the media starts asking you about it?" Gwang Jae asks.

"Oppa, I know that. But I'm ready. This is a part of my past. One of the reasons for what I am today. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm proud that I get through it." Hye Yeon points out. Gwang Jae searches for Song Yi's hand and holds it. Song Yi leans to her husband.

"Yeobo, even in a worst-case scenario, Hye Yeon can handle this. She's stronger than before and if there's a problem on the way, we are here to support and be there for her, right?" Song Yi asks her husband. Gwang Jae nodded then looks at Hye Yeon at her.

"We're here for you, Hye Yeon-ah," he said.

Hye Yeon sighs and smiles happily.

---

A day before the forum, Hye Yeon and Dong Joon meet to spend a day together before he and his parents' flight to Canada for his sister's wedding that night. They decided to visit Icheon and have an authentic Korean meal there. Luckily, they manage to have a private dining room so people won't recognize them.

"Noona would be happy if I can bring you there," said Dong Joon.

Hye Yeon smiles. "I bet Ms. Park is really lovely in her wedding dress." She takes a piece of meat and put it in . She chews it carefully.

Dong Joon sighs. "I can't believe she's getting married. I really thought she will grow old alone." He chuckles.

"When will you be back?" Hye Yeon asks.

"After the wedding and reception, I will return immediately. Mother and Father will stay for a week. I still have tons of work here. Plus..." He looks at her "I don't want to miss you"

Hye Yeon blushes. "Yah."

"Fine." He said. "How's the shooting so far?"

"It's going well. Mi Suk is doing a great job because she went on a crash course in fashion designing to make herself look like a real designer. Lee Jung Woo-ssi is recording his song this Saturday. It will be one of the OSTs of the drama." she said.

Upon hearing Lee Jung Woo's name, Dong Joon asks her "Is Jung Woo still bothering you?"

"Not bothering per se but he a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter