Fifteen

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon is nervous. This is the first event that she will attend with Jung Woo. Even she's not there, Jung Woo will still receive the award. But he wants her there. How can she refuse him?

Jung Woo squeezes her hand. She glances at him. "Are you all right?" he asked. "I'm a bit nervous." she replies.

"Relax. Everything will be okay." he assures her. She smiles at him before she looks outside the window. Yes, everything will be okay. She's with him.

When they arrived at the venue, the camera starts flashing in their direction. Jung Woo went down first and he helps her to get down. Cameras keep on taking their picture together. Jung Woo places her hand on his arm and they walk at the red carpet. The floor director asked them to stand still in front of the backdrop. Photographers took their photo together. Jung Woo whispers to her ear which made her laugh and he too. They both smile on the camera and left after a few seconds. They enter the venue where there are many familiar faces. Some are in politics, medicine, entertainment, sports and a lot more.

Jung Woo and Hye Yeon look for seats when Jung Woo saw Jessi Lee. She's with some celebrity. One of them gets her attention and whisper something. Then, Jessi looks around and her eyes land at Jung Woo and Hye Yeon. Jessi and Jung Woo look at each other. Hye Yeon noticed that he was looking at someone and saw it was Jessi Lee. She looks elegant on her blood-red gown. Jessi noticed her and smiles before she looks away. 

"Oppa."

Jung Woo looks at Hye Yeon. She smiles at him. "Are you okay?" she asks.

"Of course." he said. Hye Yeon looks back at Jessi. "She's beautiful in person."

"Not as beautiful as you." he said. Hye Yeon chuckles. "It's just the make-up." she said. "Let's find our seat." He nodded.

As they find their seat, they saw Park Dong Joon and Yoon Ji Eun. They approach them. Yoon Ji Eun smiles at them.

"We meet again." Ji Eun said.

Hye Yeon smiles at Ji Eun. Dong Joon shook hands with Jung Woo. "Congratulations in advance." Dong Joon said.

"Congratulations too, sir. I've heard you won the Outstanding Personality for Business." Jung Woo said. Hye Yeon smiles brightly. "Congratulations."

Dong Joon smiles "Thank you."

"Shall we share the table?" Ji Eun suggested. Jung Woo nodded. They found an empty table. Hye Yeon and Ji Eun sit beside each other while their respective partner sat on their other side.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Hye Yeon-ssi. But I'm glad. Dong Joon said that you are his friend in KEBN and you helped him in solving a crazy matter". Hye Yeon looks at Dong Joon. He just nodded at her. She looks back at Ji Eun. "It's nothing. Dong Joon-ssi also help me with something. And he's been a really good friend to me."

Ji Eun leans at her. " I hope we become friends too. I don't have female friends. I have acquaintances but I know they only need me for a business matter." Ji Eun explains.

"I understand." Hye Yeon said.

"Jung woo-ssi, I heard that your project with Kang Mi Suk has been delayed." Dong Joon said.

"Ahh... yes. The writer needs to re-write some scene and both mine and Kang Mi Suk's schedule are full for the next month. Hopefully, we can start the script reading after our busy schedule." Jung Woo said. Jung Woo took Hye Yeon hand. She looks back at him and he kisses the back of her hand. She gives him a shy smile. he didn't let go of her hand.

"So, Hye Yeon, what department are you working with now?" Ji Eun asked.

"I work with a variety show department. I'm handling 3 shows." she said.

"Wow. That's amazing. Three shows are hard to handle. I have a friend from another station. She's a PD there. She's handling two shows and she said it's exhausting." Ji Eun mutters. Hye Yeon nodded.

"Choi Hye Yeon?"

Hye Yeon looks at the person who calls her name. When she saw who it is. She smiles brightly. She let go of Jung Woo's hand and stands up. She approaches that person and hugs him.

"Han Tae Sun! It's been a long time." she said as she let go of him.

"Yah! Who would have thought we'll meet again like this." He looks at her. "Wow. You look amazing." he praises her.

"So you are." she said. Then Hye Yeon noticed a woman behind him who's smiling. Tae Sun took the woman's hand and pull her close to him. "Jagiya, this is Choi Hye Yeon, a friend in college. Hye Yeon-ah, this is my fiance, Attorney Go Ye Won."

Go Ye Won reach her hand out for Hye Yeon. "Nice to meet you, Choi Hye Yeon-ssi." she said. Hye Yeon took her hand and shakes. "Nice to meet you too, Atty. Go." she said. She looks back at Jung Woo and asks him to stand up. Jung Woo is looking curiously at Tae Sun.

"This is my boyfriend, Lee Jung Woo. Oppa, this is Prosecutor Han Tae Sun, my friend from college. And this is her fiance, Atty. Go Ye Won." she looks at Ji Eun and Dong Joon. "These are our friends. Park Dong Joon and Yoon Ji Eun."

Dong Joon and Ji Eun stood up to greet Tae Sun and Ye Won. Jung Woo is now observing Tae Sun. He knows him. He is Hye Yeon's ex-boyfriend from college. The one studying law who becomes a prosecutor. He smirks. Tae Sun looks at him and held his hand out for him. "Nice to meet you, Lee Jung Woo-ssi." Jung Woo took his hand and shakes it. "It's nice to meet you, too, Prosecutor Han. I've been wanting to meet you."

Tae Sun lets go of his hand. "Really? Why is that?"

"Just curious. But I know some people who are interested in meeting you." Jung Woo said.

Ye Won asked. "Who?"

"The Cha Family." Jung Woo said smoothly. Hye Yeon looks at him and gaped. "Oppa!"

Both Jung Woo and Tae Sun laugh. Ji Eun, Dong Joon, and Ye Won look clueless. Hye Yeon is blushing. Tae Sun held Ye Won's hand and look at her.

"Jagiya, remember the Ewha girl I told you?" he asked Ye Won. Ye Won nodded. Tae Sun grins at her. Ye Won smiles and giggles. "It's Hye Yeon-ssi?"

Hye Yeon looks at them "What?" Tae Sun and Ye Won just smiles.

"Aigoo... Lee Jung Woo-ssi. I've been wanting to meet Cha Family for years. Maybe we could have a meal or something." Tae Sun said. Jung Woo grins and nodded. Hye Yeon smacks his chest lightly. "Oppa. Stop." she told Jung Woo. Jung Woo just shrugged.

Ji Eun butts in. "What happening?"

"This is not the place to talk about it. Maybe we should have a gathering soon so we could discuss it." Tae Sun jokingly says.

"It's much better if we invite Cha PD-nim." Jung Woo added.

"Lee Jung Woo-ssi, I will leave you here if you don't stop." Hye Yeon warns him. Jung Woo smiles cheekily at her and asks her to sit. Ji Eun asks Tae Sun and Ye Won to join them. Ji Eun looked at Hye Yeon with a naughty smile. "Tell me, you dated Prosecutor Han, didn't you?"

"What?" Hye Yeon said.

Dong Joon laughs. "Her face says it all"

"Dong Joon-ah!" Hye Yeon said in a serious voice.

"Shhh... People are looking at you." Dong Joon said in a quiet voice. Hye Yeon looks around and noticed that everyone are busy with one another. She glares at Dong Joon which made the group laugh. Hye Yeon crosses her arms which made Jung Woo happy because she's sulking cutely. He placed his arm at the back of her chair and kisses her temple.

"Don't pout. It makes me want to kiss you." Jung Woo whispers to her ear.

"I won't let you. You're making fun of me." Hye Yeon said.

"You're adorable." Jung Woo said as Tae Sun tells Ji Eun and Dong Joon how he meets Hye Yeon. At that moment, Hye Yeon is glad that Jung Woo and Tae Sun are getting along well. Dong Joon is enjoying the conversation, Ye Won is very nice and Ji Eun is breaking the ice for one another. Jung Woo keeps her close to his side to comfort her and she's glad that he's very understanding of the situation.

A few moments later, the awarding ceremony starts. Each awardee has being called on stage. Park Dong Joon is called for Outstanding Personality in Business, Yoon Ji Eun is c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter