Eighteen

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hye Yeon-ah! Hurry up!" Ye Won said.

Hye Yeon follows Ye Won to the bride's waiting room. Ye Won is excited about this wedding. Hye Yeon thinks that she's more excited to this than she does in her own wedding.

They stop in front of the door of the Bride's waiting room. Ye Won knocks. "Unnie, it's us." Ye Won said. Ye Won opens the door. Both she and Hye Yeon enters.

Ji Eun is sitting on a huge sofa. She's on her wedding dress and she's holding a bouquet of pink roses. Ji Eun smiles at them. They approach her.

"Ji Eun-ah, you're so beautiful." Hye Yeon said. Ji Eun smiles timidly at them.

"Miss, can I take pictures of you three?" the photographer asks. Ye Won and Hye Yeon agree. They sat on each side of Ji Eun. The photographer took photos of them and thank them. The photographer goes out.

"Are you okay?" Hye Yeon asks.

Ji Eun smiles awkwardly. "Of course."

"Nervous?" Ye Won asks. Ji Eun just nodded and took a deep breath. 

"Just calm down. You'll be fine." Hye Yeon assures her. "Do you need anything?" she asks. Ji Eun shook her head. "I want to be alone for now. I'm getting more nervous by seeing people. I don't know why." she laughs.

"Okay. We'll go back to our seats." Hye Yeon says as she stands up.

"Yoon JI Eun, fighting!" Ye Won said. The two ladies went to the door and left the room. Ji Eun took a deep breath. She hopes that she's doing the right decision.

---

Ye Won and Hye Yeon arrived at their table. Ye Won sat beside her husband while Hye Yeon between Jung Woo and Song Yi.

"How's the bride?" Gwang Jae asks.

"She's a bit nervous. She wants to be alone for now." Hye Yeon said. Hye Yeon looks at Jung Woo. His bowtie is kind of crook so she reaches out for it and fixes it. She brushes the lapel of his coat. Jung Woo thanked her and place an arm on the top of her chair.

"She'll be fine. She just needs a glass of wine to calm herself down." Song Yi said.

Ye Won looks at Tae Sun. "Have you seen Dong Joon?" Tae Sun nodded. "Yes. He's fine. He said he drank some tea to calm himself." Ye Won just nodded.

"Are you okay?" Jung Woo asks Hye Yeon. "Yes. Why?" Hye Yeon said.

"You look worried."

Hye Yeon smiles. "I'm not. I'm just excited to see Ji Eun walk down the aisle." Jung Woo nodded and smiles at her.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the wedding ceremony is about to start in 5 minutes. Please take your seat and we will start the ceremony at exact 4 pm."

"Finally, it's starting." Song Yi said as she sits properly.

The other guests start to go to their respective tables. A few moments later, the host announces that the wedding ceremony is starting. The wedding officiate was called first, then the two wedding witnesses, the bride's maids, the groomsmen and the parents of the groom. When the host announces the arrival of the groom, Dong Joon starts to walk down the aisle. He keeps his composure. When he looks at the crowd, he made sure to smile to them. Then he saw Hye Yeon. She looks pretty in her laced purple floral dress. she's smiling at him and clapping her hands to him. Dong Joon felt like he's completely losing her now. Then he looks away to her and smiles to the crowd. He stood on the groom's side and wait for his bride.

The host calls for the bride's parents and they walk down the aisle. When they stood in their position, the host announces the bride's arrival. Yoon Ji Eun starts to walk down the aisle, looking solemn. She wasn't even smiling. Half-way her walk, she stopped. Dong Joon looked at her. Her eyes start to tear up. Then, she let go of her bouquet. She looks at Dong Joon and mouthed the word 'sorry'. She turned her back on him and runs away. The people start to talk about what she did. Hye Yeon looked at Dong Joon. His mother is crying while his father comforts her. Ji Eun's parents are apologizing to the people. Soo Jung is talking to Dong Joon who looks shocked at what happened.

Suddenly, Dong Joon calmly walk out of the hall. Soo Jung went to the host's corner and grab the mic.

"We apologize for what happened. Please head to the reception for a meal. Thank you." Soo Jung said and returns the mic to the host.

"Oppa, I need to find Ji Eun." Hye Yeon said to Jung Woo.

"Hye Yeon-ah." Jung woo said.

"I'll find you if I didn't find her in 10 minutes." Hye Yeon promised him. Jung Woo nodded. "I'll wait for you in the reception area."

"Okay." she said. Then she looks at Ye Won nodded at her. They both leave their table to find Ji Eun. Ye Won and Hye Yeon went out. "I'll go there. You go there." Ye Won said as she headed to the right side. Hye Yeon went to the left side. She starts searching for Ji Eun. She checks the restroom and some function rooms. She's passing a fire exit when she remembers the time that Dong Joon found her in the fire exit after Young Jae and Ava's wedding. So, she opens the door of the fire exit. She found Dong Joon standing on the step of the stairs. She went down and stood beside him.

"Dong Joon-ssi." Hye Yeon calls him. Dong Joon looks at her. He smiles sadly at her.

"Why do you think Ji Eun did that?" he asks her.

Hye Yeon shrugged. "I don't know. We didn't think she will do such a thing when she checks on her." Hye Yeon said. Dong Joon look away from her. "If she didn't want to marry me, she could have told me." he paused and smirks. "I was decided to take good care of her and be a good husband to her after our conversation last night. But she did this. She's my best friend. How can she do this to me?" Dong Joon he asks again with a disappointed tone on his voice. Hye Yeon feels sad for him.

"I'm sorry, Dong Joon-ssi." she said. Dong Joon sighs. "It's fine. I know she will contact me soon and explain herself."

"Yes. Just give her time. She will explain it to you once she's ready. Just listen to what she has to say, okay?" Hye Yeon said. Dong Joon nodded.

"Everything will be okay." she assures him.

A few moments later, Hye Yeon asks Dong Joon to go with her so he can go home to rest. Dong Joon just follow her because he's exhausted. They are walking back at the main lobby when Soo Jung saw them. She approaches the two.

"Dong Joon-ah." Soo Jung calls. She observes her brother. He looks normal but he's, obviously, not okay. He also looks exhausted. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine. I'm just going to my hotel room to pick up my stuff. I want to go home and rest." Dong Joon said.

"Just go to your room for now. There are tons of press outside. Rest and then we'll leave during dawn." Soo Jung tells him. Dong Joon just nodded and headed to the elevator. Soo Jung looks at Hye Yeon. "What happened to him?"

"I was looking for Ji Eun when I found him at the fire exit. He said he's fine but I think he's not." Hye Yeon explains.

"This is Yoon Ji Eun's fault. She could have told us earlier that she didn't want this." Soo Jung is pissed. "Thank you for finding him and staying with him."

"It's nothing. Dong Joon is my friend." Hye Yeon said. Soo Jung smiles. "And I'm thankful for that. As far as I know, you're the only friend he has now. He needs us now so if you have time, just send him a message or something to comfort him, okay?" Hye Yeon just nodded.

"I'll just check on him. Thanks, Hye Yeon." Soo Jung left Hye Yeon. Hye Yeon headed to the main lobby and find Jung Woo standing there, waiting for her. She approaches her boyfriend. "Jung Woo-yah"

Jung Woo looks at her. "Ohh. You found her?"

"No. But I found Dong Joon at the fire exit. He's really upset. I comforted him be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter