Thirty Nine

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the weekend. Hye Yeon decided to visit Dong Joon this time at his place. When she arrived, he just finished his morning workout. He's really glad she came because he wants to spend his free day with her. As Dong Joon freshen up, Hye Yeon decided to cook a meal for them.

Hye Yeo just finished preparing the dining table when Dong Joon comes out.

"Wow! It smells good!" he said as he approached the table. In the table, there's a big bowl of beef stew, kimchi jeon, and side dishes. Dong Joon sat on the head of the table while Hye Yeon took the seat on his right. Hye Yeon serves him a bowl of beef stew and he had a spoonful of it.

"Hmm... It's delicious," he said while looking at Hye Yeon. He took another spoonful and he loves it.

"Eat slowly, Oppa." she said. He nodded.

"By the way, what makes you decide to visit me this weekend? Aren't you busy?" he asks.

"No. I'm just free. I'll be busy this coming week because we will shoot a few scenes for the last episode. I also have charity works to attend next weekend." Hye Yeon explains.

"I see. I'm quite busy too lately. It's really hard to negotiate for the drama 'Muse'. Many countries want to franchise it after it aired here." he said. Hye Yeon smiles upon hearing that.

"Oppa, I have to tell you something," she said in a serious tone.

"What is it?"

"Gwang Jae Oppa already know about us. And I know Song Yi Unnie too. Gwang Jae Oppa is concern about me dating again. He's scared that I will do something stupid again if you break my heart." she mutters. Dong Joon puts down his spoon, rests his elbow on the table and entwined his fingers. "Who says I will break your heart?" he asks.

She shrugged. "No one but Gwang Jae Oppa is just worried about me. But I assure him that I won't do such thing, that I trust you," she said. Dong Joon sighs. He understands Cha Gwang Jae's concern but since he already knew about them, he had an idea.

"Hye Yeon-ah."

"Yes, Oppa?"

"I think I should talk to your family regarding our relationship. I want to assure them that I'm sincere with you and I will do everything to make you happy. I will call Cha Gwang Jae later and set a day so I can visit them." Dong Joon said. She shakes her head. "No, I will go with you. I will set it up. We will meet them together." Dong Joon can see that she wants to be on his side when he talks to her family. "Okay. We'll go together." he simply said.

"How about your family?" she asks him. Dong Joon beams at her. "Noona already knows. She said something about the change in my aura. I'll tell Father and Mother when I visit them after my business trip."

Hye Yeon smiles at him then she remembers Na Ji Woo. "Oppa, I encounter Na Ji Woo a few days ago. She mentioned about the dinner you told me. But she lied to me."

"She did? How?"

"She said that you were the one who asks for a dinner but when she mentioned that you should include me to your dinner, you were upset," she explains. Dong Joon smirks and shook his head. "Unbelievable. How can she lie like that?"

"Do you think she's up to something?" she asks.

"I don't know. But if she does something to us, I will immediately ask for the termination of her contract," he said. "She can't do crazy stuff again, especially now that I have you."

Hye Yeon feels like Dong Joon is upset. He just knew Gwang Jae's reaction about their relationship, and now this.

"Oppa, Na Ji Woo can't do anything to us. I won't let it. Just like I did before, I will stop her no matter what." she assures him. Dong Joon smiles. Yes, she did save him from her before. But he also wants to make sure that Na Ji Woo won't bother his girlfriend.

"You're right. We won't let her come between us," he said. "Enough about Na Ji Woo. Let's finish our meal and have a lazy day together, okay?" he asks. Hye Yeon agrees.

---

Sung Woo is in the living room, doing some business strategies on his laptop when Jung Woo comes out from his room. He went to the kitchen and grab some bottled water. Then, he thought of Hye Yeon and Sung Woo. So, he decided to talk to his brother. He went to the living room and sat in one of the armchairs there. Jung Woo stares at Sung Woo for a while and when Sung Woo noticed him, he looks at him.

"What?" Sung Woo asks.

"Can we talk? It's important." Jung Woo said. Sung Woo looks back at his laptop and starts typing something. "Okay. Talk," he said.

"What's with you and Hye Yeon?" Jung Woo asks. Sung Woo stops typing and sits up straight. He looks at his brother. "What do you mean by that?" asks Sung Woo.

Jung Woo looks at his portrait with Hye Yeon on the wall. "You two seems close during Yoo An's birthday dinner. Too close for my liking." he then glares at his brother. Sung Woo noticed that Jung Woo looks mad. Then he gets it.

Sung Woo rests his back on the sofa and crossed his arms on his chest. " So what? We're close since then." he shrugs while smiling at him.

"Are you flirting with Hye Yeon?" he paused. "Are you two dating?" Jung Woo hissed. Sung Woo chuckles. "And if I am, what will you do about it?" Sung Woo answers.

Jung Woo stood up. "Yah! Lee Sung Woo! Are you crazy? She's my girlfriend!"

Sung Woo stood up too and placed his hand on his pant's pockets. "Ex-girlfriend. You left her for your ambition and you broke her. Now that she's fine and happy, you're claiming her again? Don't be ridiculous."

Jung Woo grabs Sung Woo by the collar. "You ungrateful brat! How can you betray me like this?! I did everything to give you a great life!"

Sung Woo removed Jung Woo's hands on his collar and push him away. "You're the ungrateful one. You left Hye Yeon Noona. You didn't even try to talk to her when you're in America. She was alone and scared when her mother died. I wanted to be there for Noona but I can't because you're my brother. I don't want to cause chaos with their family just because we're brothers. Noona deserves better. She deserves so much better!" Sung Woo hissed.

"And you think you're better than me?" Jung Woo said sarcastically.

"I'm not but at least I won't hurt her as you did." Sung Woo smirks. Jung Woo suddenly punches Sung Woo. Yoo An just comes out from his room when he saw Jung Woo punches Sung Woo. He runs towards them and holds back Jung Woo. "Hyung, what you are doing?" Yoo An looks at Sung Woo. "Sung Woo-yah, are you okay?"

There's blood on the corner of Sung Woo's lips. He wiped it using his thumb. Sung Woo stood up and glares at Jung Woo. "I won't let you hurt Hye Yeon Noona again. You don't deserve her." Sung Woo said.

"Go! Get out of my place! I don't want a traitor like you!" Jung Woo yells at him. 

"Hyung!" Yoo An pleaded. Sung Woo huffed and smiles sarcastically. He then picks up his stuff and went to his room. 

Yoo An let go of Jung Woo. "Hyung, what happened?"

Jung Woo points at the direction where Sung Woo's room is "That ungrateful brat likes Hye Yeon! And she likes him back!" 

"What? What are you talking about?" Yoo An was confused.

"Hye Yeon told me that she likes someone right now. And I think it's Sung Woo. Did you noticed how close they are at your birthday dinn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter