Forty Three

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon is getting her stuff from her table at that moment, getting ready to go home. She can hear Nara and So Nyeo from the distance talking about dropping by the coffee shop to see their respective boyfriends.

"Unnie?" Nara calls Hye Yeon. Hye Yeon stares at her. "Do you want to come with us? We'll be dropping by at the coffee shop and drag our boyfriends to have chicken and beer."

"No, thanks. I wanna go home and rest. I'm really tired." Hye Yeon smiles.

Nara and So Nyeo smile back at her. Suddenly, So Nyeo's phone rings. She looks at it and smiles. "It's Yoo An." she giggles before answering her phone. "Oppa," she said sweetly. Then, her expression changes. She covers her lips with her hand. And listens. Nara and Hye Yeon stare at her.

"Okay. I'll be there. Calm down, okay? I'm coming." So Nyeo says before she hangs up.

"What happened?" Nara asks.

"Yoo An and Sung Woo are in the hospital now. Lee Jung Woo-ssi got into a fight. He broke his arm and someone beats him up." So Nyeo said.

Hye Yeon worries. "Come, let's take my car. I'll drive you two there," she said. The three of them hurriedly went out to go to the hospital.

When they arrived at the hospital, Sung Woo meets them in the lobby. Nara holds on to her boyfriend. "How's your brother?" she asks.

"They put a cast on his arm. He has bruises. He needs to stay in the hospital for a few days. They need to check his head since he said that it hurts too much. Someone kick him in the head when he's down." Sung Woo sighs. Then he looks at Hye Yeon. "Noona, what are you doing here?"

"I drive So Nyeo and Nara here. I wanna check him too." Hye Yeon said.

"He's resting now. You can see him if you want." Sung Woo said and leads them to Jung Woo's room. When they arrived, Yoo An was beside him. Yoo An went out to meet his girlfriend. Hye Yeon went inside and takes a good look at Jung Woo. He has bruises on the corner of his lips and in his left cheek. His left arm is in a cast.

Suddenly, Jung Woo wakes up and saw Hye Yeon immediately. Hye Yeon walks closer to his bed. "Jung Woo-ssi, how are you feeling?"

"Hye Yeon, you're here." Jung Woo said and smiles at him.

"I drive So Nyeo and Nara here. And I'm worried about you too. What happened?" she asks.

"Just some jerks got into my nerves." he hissed. "But I'm glad you're here. I knew it. You still care about me. You still love me." he said.

Hye Yeon steps back. "What?"

"I'm really glad that you're here. You still care about me. I knew it." he smiles. Hye Yeon looks back and tries to find something. Then she looks back at him. "Just rest, Jung Woo. I think you're delirious," she said.

"No. I'm fine. Come here, Hye Yeon. I need you." he said as he tries to rises up. Hye Yeon panics. She approaches him and holds on to his arms to stop him from rising. "Yah. Just lie down. You need to rest." she said. She guides him to lie down.

"I love you, Hye Yeon. Thank you for coming back to me." Jung Woo mutters.

"What? What are you saying?" Hye Yeon said as she pulls back her hands from his arms but Jung Woo holds her wrists.

"What's happening?" Yoo An asks. Sung Woo, Nara and So Nyeo also enter the room. Yoo An saw Jung Woo's hand on Hye Yeon's wrist. He approaches them and removed his hand from her.

"Hyung, just lie down and sleep." Yoo An said. Hye Yeon steps back. Then Jung Woo suddenly panics. "Hye Yeon, where are you going? Come back," he said as he tries to rise again. Yoo An pushes him back to lie down. "Hyung, just lie down!" he yells at him. They all haven't heard Yoo An raised his voice. And he looks irritated. But Jung Woo ignores him.

"No. Hye Yeon, come here. Don't go to him." Jung Woo worriedly said.

"Yah. What's wrong with you? Did you hurt your head that badly?" Sung Woo said.

"Sung Woo!" Yoo An hissed at his friend.

"Hye Yeon, don't leave me. Come here!" Jung Woo screams. So Nyeo runs outside to call the nurses. The nurses and doctor arrived as Jung Woo starts to screams and calls Hye Yeon.

"Unnie?" Nara calls Hye Yeon. Hye Yeon looks at her. "Let's go outside," Nara said. Hye Yeon said and she, So Nyeo and Nara went out. Jung Woo's eyes widen. "No!!! Choi Hye Yeon!!! Don't leave me!!! Come back!!!" he said.

The ladies waited outside. After five minutes, the nurses came out along with the factor. Yoo An and Sung Woo went out too.

"How is he?" Hye Yeon asks.

"He's sleeping now. The doctor sedates him." Sung Woo said.

"He's confused now. The doctor said that it may be an effect of his medicine or the kick in his head. He somehow can't differentiate reality from his imaginations. He needs further examinations for any head trauma." Yoo An said.

Hye Yeon sighs. "I shouldn't drop by. This is my fault."

"Noona, it wasn't your fault." Sung Woo said. Yoo An, Nara and So Nyeo agree.

"Besides, Hyung is slightly depressed lately. After he comes back from his photoshoot abroad, he's acting weird. Plus he's been drinking too much." Yoo An huffs. "The doctor suggested that he should meet a psychiatrist."

"Noona, go home. We can handle this." Sung Woo said. Hye Yeon nods. "If you need anything, just tell me. I won't show up to him though. Just in case."

"Thank you, Unnie." So Nyeo said.

"I'll go ahead." Hye Yeon bows and leaves.

---

The next day, Dong Joon was with Ki Bum and Haru as they head out for a meeting when Na Ji Woo intercepts them.

“Good morning, Vice President Park.” Ji Woo smiles sweetly. Ki Bum steps a bit forward, trying to shield himself between Dong Joon and Ji Woo. Ji Woo looks at Ki Bum and glares at him. Ki Bum keeps still.

“Good morning, Ms. Na.” Dong Joon said plainly. “Got schedule for today?” he asked.

“Yes. I have a guesting in a variety show. You?” Ji Woo asks.

“I have a meeting. I’m a bit in a hurry.” Dong Joon said as he looks at his wristwatch. Ji Woo pouts but she smirks after. “You’re too busy, VP. No wonder Choi Hye Yeon is in the hospital last night.”

That caught Dong Joon’s attention. “Hye Yeon was in the hospital?”

Ji Woo nodded. “Yes. My manager visited a friend of his in the hospital last night. He passed in a room. He saw Hye Yeon there while Lee Jung Woo is lying in the bed. She was holding Jung Woo’s hand. My manager heard from the people outside the room that Jung Woo got involved in a fight in a club. Hye Yeon went there to check on him. My manager says they look cozy.” She pouts.

Haru huffs while Ki Bum shook his head. Dong Joon, on the other hand, feels jealous. Hye Yeon didn’t mention it to him when he texted her that morning.

“Jung Woo is the brother of her friend and his the actor of ‘Muse’. I think Hye Yeon is just checking on him.” Dong Joon said.

Ji Woo crossed her arms on her chest. “You think so?” she asks coyly. “Well, if that’s what you think.” Ji Woo said before walking away. Haru scowls at Ji Woo while Ki Bum faces Dong Joon. “Sir, do you want me to check on it?”

“No need. We’ll be late. Let’s go.” Dong Joon said as he starts to walk towards the exit. Haru and Ki Bum follow him from behind.

---

That night, Hye Yeon is busy writing a new script when she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter