Fifty Two

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hye Yeon was busy cleaning up the tables in preparation for the opening of the restaurant. Ji Eun came out of the kitchen and approaches her.

 

“Shi Hwan and Ricardo are not back yet?” she asked, “The restaurant will open in an hour”

 

“They are picking up the meat orders. Shi Hwan Oppa asked Ramon to get the vegetables. That was an hour ago so they will be back by now,” Hye Yeon explains as she arranged the chairs. Ji Eun rolled her eyes. “I told Yeobo to let Ramon and Ricardo do the grocery shopping.” She paused, “The table napkins are ready. You can arrange them by tables now,”

 

“Yes, I’ll get it in a while,” Hye Yeon said. Ji Eun went back to the kitchen as Hye Yeon checks the beverages in the fridge. She went to the backroom and gets the napkins on the napkin holder. She placed one napkin holder on each table.

 

Hye Yeon is arranging the utensils when someone enters the restaurant.

 

“Sorry, but we’re not---“Hye Yeon stops speaking when he saw who’s the person who enters the restaurant. It was Dong Joon. Hye Yeon blinks a few times, thinking that it was a dream. Is he really Park Dong Joon? This man wearing a comfortable white and gray stripes polo shirt, jeans, and shoes, his hair is down that looks soft, and he’s smiling brightly at her. Hye Yeon was scared that he’s just a dream because she will surely cry if she wakes up and he’s gone.

 

“Hello, Hye Yeon,” Dong Joon said. Hye Yeon let go of the spoon she’s holding and runs towards Dong Joon. Dong Joon opens his arms at her and Hye Yeon embraces him. Dong Joon hugs her back.

 

“I miss you,” Hye Yeon whispers as she buries her face on the crook of Dong Joon’s neck. Dong Joon holds her tight and closes his eyes.

 

“I miss you, too, love,” he said.

 

Ji Eun came out of the kitchen, “Hye Yeon, what happened? Are you okay?” she asked before seeing Dong Joon. Dong Joon opens his eyes and looks at Ji Eun. Ji Eun smiles at her friend and he returns her smile.

 

“Please tell me that this isn’t a dream,” Hye Yeon said. Dong Joon looks at Hye Yeon. He can feel that she’s crying. He raised his one hand and holds Hye Yeon’s chin. He tilts her head up and saw that she is crying. Dong Joon smiles at her. “I’m not a dream, Hye Yeon. I’m here,” he said before wiping her tear-tainted cheek. He places his hand on her jaw and kisses her forehead. Hye Yeon closes her eyes.

 

“We’ll never be apart again,” he said.

 

Shi Hwan and Ricardo went in and saw Dong Joon and Hye Yeon. Shi Hwan gave the plastic bag he’s carrying to Ricardo and Ricardo excuses himself to the kitchen.

 

“Yeobo,” Ji Eun said. Dong Joon looks behind him and saw Shi Hwan. He carefully let go of Hye Yeon before facing Shi Hwan. Ji Eun approaches her husband. “Dong Joon, this is my husband, Kim Shi Hwan. Yeobo, this is Park Dong Joon, my best friend,” she said.

 

“It’s good to finally meet you, Dong Joon,” Shi Hwan bows to him. Dong Joon bows back before holding Hye Yeon’s hand. “Nice to meet you, too.”

 

“Can I have a hug now?” Ji Eun asks Dong Joon. Dong Joon chuckles and gave her a hug without letting go of Hye Yeon’s hand. Then, Dong Joon looks at Hye Yeon. “Stop crying, love. Ji Eun and Shi Hwan might think I’m hurting you,” he said. Hye Yeon holds Dong Joon’s arm. “Sorry, I’m just too happy that you are here,”

 

“Have seat Dong Joon. Would you love some drinks? Beer, wine, water?” Shi Hwan asks.

 

“Water will do,” Dong Joon smiles. Ji Eun directs him and Hye Yeon on a four-chair table. Hye Yeon and Dong Joon sat together while Ji Eun sat across them.

 

“When did you arrive?” Ji Eun asks.

 

“Last night. I was tired so I sleep after a quick dinner at the restaurant in front of the place I’m staying,” Dong Joon explains, and then he looks at Hye Yeon who’s still staring at him. Dong Joon smiles, “Enjoying your vacation?” he amusingly asks.

 

Hye Yeon blushes, “Yeah, especially here in Garachico,” she mutters. Dong Joon nodded before holding her hands again, “I’m glad you’re having fun,”

 

Shi Hwan came back with four bottles of water. He sat down beside his wife. “Where are you staying now, Dong Joon?” Shi Hwan inquires.

 

“That hotel near that the plaza,” he said.

 

Shi Hwan nodded, “It’s a good place but we have an extra room, you can stay with us while you’re here,”

 

“Better yet,” Ji Eun chimes in, “Stay with Hye Yeon since her bed is big enough for the two of you,” Ji Eun smugly said. Hye Yeon blushes more as Dong Joon pinches the bridge of his nose while avoiding Ji Eun’s eyes.

 

“Excuse my wife, she’s talking nonsense,” Shi Hwan apologizes.

 

“It’s okay. She really has a weird sense of humor,” Dong Joon clears his throat, “If it wouldn’t be a burden, I would like to stay with Hye Yeon,” Dong Joon said in a casual tone.

 

Ji Eun claps her hands together, “Perfect! That’s okay with you, right?” she’s staring at Hye Yeon.

 

“Yeah, that’s okay with me,” she whispers. Dong Joon squeezes her hand and it made her look up to him. Dong Joon looks at her with adoration while smiling at her.

 

“Now that everything is settled, why don’t we have an early lunch and after it, Hye Yeon, go with Dong Joon and show her around the town,” Shi Hwan said.

 

Hye Yeon blinks, “How about the restaurant?”

 

“We can manage, Hye Yeon. Just enjoy the day with Dong Joon,” Ji Eun assures her. Hye Yeon smiles at Ji Eun. Ji Eun is happy, because this time, Hye Yeon is smiling and genuinely happy.

 

After a while, Shi Hwan serves their early lunch and has a meal together. Hye Yeon and Dong Joon went back to how they are together. With Hye Yeon taking care of him and Dong Joon adoring her.

 

After their meal, Hye Yeon and Dong Joon spend the day together. They went to the tourist spot within the town before going to Dong Joon’s hotel so he can get his stuff and check out.

 

Hye Yeon brought Dong Joon back to Ji Eun and Shi Hwan’s home. They were in the living room, sitting at the couch while holding each other’s hands. Hye Yeon is looking at their entwined hands while Dong Joon is staring at Hye Yeon.

 

“You keep on holding on to me. Are you okay?” he asks.

 

Hye Yeon looks up to him and smiles, “I just can’t believe that you’re here with me,”

 

“Me either. Thank God for the picture that Ji Eun sent to me.” He leans closer to Hye Yeon, “Your smile there wasn’t your media smile,”

 

Hye Yeon giggles, “Media smile?”

 

Dong Joon leans back, “The smile that you used in red carpets, interviews and photo shoots; you’re smiling happily in the picture that Ji Eun sent,” he smiles. Hye Yeon loves it when Dong Joon smiles.

 

“You have media smile too,” she jokingly said.

 

He scoffs, “I rarely smile in public. I have an image to uphold,” he grins. Hye Yeon giggles before she sighs heavily. “I miss you so much,” she says.

 

“I miss you too. I’m sorry that it took Ji Eun’s message before I find you,” he apologizes. Hye Yeon shook her head, “No, I should be the one apologizing. I’m sorry for not coming back to you after my treatment,”

 

“I understand that. I told you I will wait, right? The two years that we’ve been apart did something good to you. You’re a well-known fiction writer now,” he squeezes her hand, “I’m so proud of you,”

 

“Thank you,” she timidly said, “Thank you for coming here. To be completely honest with you, I’m still scared of what will happen if I go back to you. But seeing you in the restaurant, realization hits me hard. Ji Eun and Shi Hwan helped me in realizing stuff too. I have you and that’s more than enough reason for me to be brave and fight my fears about the future,”

 

Dong Joon scoots closer, raised her hand near his face, and kisses he back of her palm, “You will always have me, Hye Yeon. And whenever you feel scared or anxious, just tell me and I will be there for you,” he said before kissing her cheek. Hye Yeon blushes before resting her forehead on Dong Joon’s shoulder. Dong Joon let go of her hand and places his arm on her shoulder.

 

“Are we back together?” he asks.

 

Hye Yeon wraps her arms around Dong Joon’s waist. She nods and smiles, “Yes,” she says.

 

---

 

The next day, Dong Joon told Ji Eun, Shi Hwan, and Hye Yeon that he wanted to stay with them until the end of his leave, which is a month and 5 days from that day. Hye Yeon feels exci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter