Fifty

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years later…

Hye Yeon came out of the bistro restaurant after she had her quick lunch. It’s spring season in London, and she loves the weather. Hye Yeon has been staying in London for 8 months. It was strange, but she needs to move from Paris to London as the film she written will take place in London and Scotland. Two years ago, she finished her first romance novel entitled ‘Beautiful Trouble'. A story about a worldwide superstar and a showbiz reporter, who meet during an interview, and since then, everything changes between them. Hye Yeon used her own name even her editor-in-chief insist that she should use an English name. The movie is already done and will premiere next week.

If Hye Yeon will be completely honest, she is nervous. She hasn’t been in the media’s eyes for 3 years, and even she launched her books, she only takes interviews for prints and not actual video interviews. She wants to be in a low profile as possible.

She has written a total of four romance books in 3 years. and all of them are successful. Aside from the movie, a company in America wants to produce another movie that is based on her romance book. Hye Yeon is still deciding about it because, at the same time, Gwang Jae is asking her to let him direct one of her stories and make it a TV series.

Hye Yeon went to a book shop to check something. She smiles as she saw her books still in top-selling romance fiction in that store. Hye Yeon walks around to look for other books when she passes by in the magazine section. She stops on her track and looks back at the magazine racks and saw a business magazine with Park Dong Joon on its cover.

Dong Joon was featured on that magazine as the youngest CEO-President of a successful TV Network. She hasn’t seen or talked to Dong Joon ever since they broke up on New Year’s Eve. It was better that way than communicating but hurting inside. Not that Hye Yeon is not hurting after their break up but its better this way.

Hye Yeon was about to pick it up when her phone rings. It was Jung Woo. Hye Yeon smiles and answers it. “Hey, superstar,” she greets him.

“Hi. I just arrived here in London. Miss me?” he asked. Hye Yeon giggled as she walks out of the book store and heads back at her apartment, “You wish. Are you staying in Marriot again?” she asks.

“No, my manager rented a penthouse near Trafalgar Square. Why? Are you offering your place?” Jung Woo chuckles. Hye Yeon shook her head. Jung Woo is so playful.

“Don’t be silly. Paparazzi will be swarming around my residential building if they know that Jung Woo Lee is visiting someone there,” she says.

“Can we at least meet? I got fed up with my staff’s faces,” he begs her.

Hye Yeon sighs. “Fine. Same restaurant?”

“You bet! See you later, Writer Choi!” Jung Woo said happily.

“Bye, Jung Woo Oppa,” she said before she hangs up. Hye Yeon sighs before she heads back to her home to get ready to meet up Jung Woo.

Jung Woo and Hye Yeon reconnected when Jung Woo was attending Paris Fashion Week 2 years ago. Jung Woo was roaming around Paris a day after the fashion week event when he saw Hye Yeon exciting the publishing house she’s working at. They talked and somehow, Hye Yeon is happy to him. Since then, Jung Woo constantly communicates with Hye Yeon. Hye Yeon doesn’t avoid him since her therapist mentioned that somehow, she needs to face her past for her to move forward.

Jung Woo became her long-distance friend that always visits her in Paris. Not that she’s complaining, but she at least met Jung Woo twice a month.

When Hye Yeon was offered for her novel turned into a movie, she asks Jung Woo if he wanted an international come back since he fits for one of the roles in the movie. Jung Woo accepts it. His role was the manager of the famous celebrity. His role is somehow important for the lead male of the story. Jung Woo constantly interacts because of the taping and some press releases photoshoot and interviews.

Two hours later, Jung Woo is waiting inside a British restaurant that they usually hang out and eat out. Jung Woo even brought a bouquet of red roses for Hye Yeon.

“Jung Woo Oppa,” a familiar voice calls him. Jung Woo looks up and saw Hye Yeon approaching the table he’s at with a smile on her face. Jung Woo stood up to meet her. Jung Woo hugs her as Hye Yeon returns his embrace.

“Did you gain weight? You look a bit bulkier,” Hye Yeon teased. Jung Woo laughs before letting go of her. “You’re silly,” he said before picking up the bouquet and gives it for you, “Advance congratulations on the success of your story turned movie,”

Hye Yeon accepted the bouquet, “Thank you, Daniel Woo,” she grins at him. Jung Woo laughs again before he pulls a chair for her. Hye Yeon sat down and Jung Woo took a seat too. The waiter approaches them and the made some orders.

As they wait for their order, Hye Yeon and Jung Woo talked about the upcoming premiere. Hye Yeon told Jung Woo how excited she is. She even told Jung Woo that Gwang Jae will attend the premiere as support to her.

“Did your brother get mad when he knew I was a part of the movie?” Jung Woo asked. Hye Yeon shrugs “He thought, at first, that I’m being reckless by picking you. But he read the book and he thinks that the role fits you. I told him we’re cool and professional. He even told me that I get back with you, he will disown me,”

Jung Woo laughs “He still hates me, huh?”

“He’s being overprotective. I’m kind of used to it,” Hye Yeon grins.

“So, any plans after the premiere?” Jung Woo asked.

“Well, I’m packing my stuff back to Paris. I need to talk to my editor-in-chief and boss that I will take a break in writing,” she stated.

“That will be nice. You deserve some break. What will you do in your break?”

“Explore places, I guess. I’m in Europe so I might as well go around and see some countries,” she smiles.

Jung Woo nods, “Is there a room for another one on your exploration?”

Hye Yeon shook her head. “No. I’m going alone. Sorry,”

“I understand. But can we at least have dinner before you go back to Paris?” he inquires.

“Sure,” she agrees.

Their meal arrived after a while. They enjoy it and have crème brûlée for dessert. After Jung Woo paid their meal, they went for a walk to talk more. Hye Yeon holds on to Jung Woo’s arm as they walk on the streets of London. They even check out some shops and have some coffee in a coffee shop. Jung Woo even walked Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter