Three

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Mi Kyung is busy preparing breakfast for her and Hye Yeon. They've been like that for 7 years ever since her youngest son, Young Jae, went to France. She likes having Hye Yeon. She's like a daughter to her and she never regrets taking her home with her after her parents died.

She heard the door opens. It's Hye Yeon. She hurriedly scoops rice on the two bowls and carries it to the table. "Hye Yeon-ah, let's eat." said Mi Kyung. She looked up and see Hye Yeon but she looks different. Her hair is lighter, falling on her shoulder and she has bangs. She's wearing a dark blue feminine looking long sleeve blouse, black skinny jeans, doll shoes and she's carrying a cream handbag. She's also wearing light makeup and she doesn't have eyeglasses.

"Good morning, Mom." she smiles brightly at her. Mi Kyung just stares at her.

"Mom, are you okay?" Hye Yeon worriedly asked her.

Mi Kyung eyes start to get teary. Hye Yeon approaches her and touches her arms. "Mom, what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

"I-I..."

"MOM!"

Mi Kyung took Hye Yeon hands and patted it. "I'm okay, Hye Yeon-ah." she smiles at her daughter. "You're so beautiful, child. These are just tears of joy."

Hye Yeon huffed and whines "Mom! Don't scare me like that."

Mi Kyung chuckles "I'm just surprised. I didn't know that you left last Saturday looking gloomy and bored then I will see you like this today. So pretty and elegant. Your sister-in-law will be pleased." her mom gushes.

"Of course she is." she rolls her eyes and beams at her adoptive mother. "It's just clothes, mom. And I was planning to do this for a while. It just happens that I saw a good salon yesterday and I have enough money to shop. It's my birthday, after all." she explained.

"I know. I'm happy for you, Hye Yeon." Mi Kyung said. "Okay, let's eat. You'll be late. Let's sit." Hye Yeon obeys her and sat down.

---

Hye Yeon arrived at work. She went directly to her cubicle and opens her computer. She checks some email from Ms. Hwang. Some documents that need a revision.

A few moments later, Ms. Hwang called her to her office. Hye Yeon went to her office immediately.

"Yes, Ms. Hwang?" she said. Sung Hee looks at her and she was startled. "Oh my God, Hye Yeon-ssi?" Hye Yeon just smiled and nodded.

"Omo, omo! I almost didn't recognize you." she stood up and look at her carefully. "Wow, you look great. Good for you!" Sung Hee smiles at her.

"Thank you. What can I do for you?"

"Oh... Yes. Can you get a red king costume in the wardrobe department? And then, bring it to Lee Jung Woo's room. He needs it for his guest appearance." Sung Hee said.

"Okay, ma'am. Anything else?"

"Nothing." she sat back down. "Just get back to your work after that." she looks at Hye Yeon with a smile. "Thank you, Hye Yeon."

Hye Yeon left her office and went to the wardrobe department. Many people noticed the change she did and compliment her. She thanked them and told them that it's just the clothes.

When she arrived at Lee Jung Woo's room, she knocked. Mr. Baek opens it for her. He was busy with his phone. "Just place it in the closet." She saw Jung Woo having his makeup while his eyes are closed so she went to the closet and hang out there. Then she smoothens it out before closing the door.

"I'm done, Mr. Baek." she said.

Mr. Baek looks up to her. Like Sung Hee, he was surprised to see her new look.

"Yaaah... Ms. Choi? I never thought I would see you like this." he smiles at Hye Yeon. "You look good." Mr. Baek complimented her.

Jung Woo opens his eyes and sees Hye Yeon immediately. He feels suddenly the world stopped. He admits that she's pretty when she bumped into him but he never thought that she's more beautiful without glasses and her hair are down.

"Why the change?" asked Mr. Baek.

"Oh. It's nothing. I just treat myself a makeover for my birthday last Saturday. I've been thinking about doing this for a long time. I just" she explained shyly.

"Last Saturday was your birthday? Yah! I should have known." Baek Hwi Jae shook his head in dismay. "How about this? I will send you a gift certificate to my favorite meat shop. Buy what you want, okay?"

"Oh, no. You don't have to, Mr. Baek. It's fine." she said awkwardly. She tucked the strand of her hair behind her ear. Jung Woo gulped. He shook his head and speak up. "How about lunch with us?"

Mr. Baek and Hye Yeon look at him. He stood up and approaches them. Jung Woo can see her now. 'Damn' he thought.

"Have lunch with us, Hye Yeon-ssi." he said directly at her. She looked up at him and their eyes meet. He was lost again on those doe-like eyes. She replied, "Thanks but I don't want to bother you."

"I insist. After all, you brought me my lunch last time and it was your birthday last Saturday. Think of this as a thank you and birthday gift lunch." he smiled at her.

"Yes, Ms. Choi. Join us for lunch." Mr. Baek beams at her.

She just nodded awkwardly and bowed to them "Thank you for inviting me."

"Good. Let's meet on the ground floor at 11:30 a.m., sounds good?" Jung Woo said. Hye Yeon just no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter