Forty Two

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dong Joon, isn't it too much? Why would your mother want to have lunch with us here?" Hye Yeon asks.

"Yah. Just hurry up." Dong Joon paused. "Did you wear the dress that I send you?"

"Yes, Vice President Park. I'm wearing the dress." Hye Yeon looks down at her baby pink lace dress. "It's just my birthday." she mutters.

"Yes, my girlfriend's birthday and my parents want to treat her something nice. Just give me this, please."

"Fine." Hye Yeon said as the elevator door opens. She walks out of it find the room that Dong Joon tells her to go. When she found it, she noticed that it says that it was a function hall. Dong Joon must be mistaken but Hye Yeon still tries to open it.

When she opens it, loud pop bursts and confetti was in the air, joined by a scream of 'surprise!'. Hye Yeon smiles as she places one hand on her sternum while the other one covers her lips.

Gwang Jae and Song Yi greet her first.

"Happy birthday, Hye Yeon." Song Yi said and hugs her. Hye Yeon hugs her sister-in-law back. Then Gwang Jae greets her too.

"Surprised?" Gwang Jae asks while hugging her.

"Yes. I didn't expect this," she said. They let go of each other before Dong Joon approaches her with a huge bouquet of pink roses. He presents it to her and she takes it. Dong Joon places his arm on her shoulder while Hye Yeon puts her hand on his waist. Dong Joon kisses her forehead. "Happy birthday, Hye Yeon."

"Thank you, Oppa."

"Honestly, I would love to go to McDonald's with you alone but people want to celebrate your birthday with you too." Dong Joon grins. Hye Yeon laughs.

Shinbi approaches Hye Yeon and hugs her hips. Hye Yeon looks down at her.

"Happy birthday, Auntie!" Shinbi said.

"Thank you, princess." Hye Yeon said.

"Okay, please look over here." The photographer said. Gwang Jae, Song Yi, Shinbi, Hye Yeon and Dong Joon looks at the photographer as he takes photos of them. Then Hye Yeon starts greeting her guest. Dong Joon's parents were there. They greeted Hye Yeon and wishes her the best. The cast and crew of the two dramas she written are also there. There are also staff in KEBN there. Then, she meets Yoo An, Sung Woo, So Nyeo and Nara.

"Happy birthday, Noona." Sung Woo said.

"Thank you, guys. I didn't expect this." Hye Yeon was overwhelmed.

"Well, you wouldn't expect a giant lemon tart as our gift for you, right?" Yoo Na grins mischievously. Hye Yeon looks around and saw a huge lemon tart on the table with a mini size version of it. "Oh my God, that's awesome." she laughs.

Sung Woo looks at Dong Joon who is standing behind Hye Yeon. "Hello, sir."

"Just call me Dong Joon."

"Dong Joon, thank you for making Hye Yeon Noona happy again." Yoo An said. Hye Yeon looks back at Dong Joon and smiles. Dong Joon returns her smile and looks at Yoo An.

"It's my pleasure to make Hye Yeon happy." Dong Joon simple said. Hye Yeon steps back and holds on to his arm and looks at him lovingly. "You do make me happy."

"I'm glad." Dong Joon murmurs.

"Hye Yeon."

They all look at the person who calls Hye Yeon. It was Jung Woo. Sung Woo scowls at his brother and leans at Yoo An. "What is he doing here?" Sung Woo asks.

Yoo An sighs. "So Nyeo invited him since Gwang Jae-ssi said to invite the cast and crew of Noona's previous dramas."

Sung Woo glares at So Nyeo. So Nyeo feels embarrassed. From the distance, Gwang Jae is glaring at Jung Woo as he approaches Hye Yeon. Song Yi comforts her husband.

Jung Woo stops in front of Hye Yeon and Dong Joon. Hye Yeon keeps holding Dong Joon's arm. Jung Woo stares at their arms before looking at Hye Yeon.

"Happy birthday, Hye Yeon," he said.

"Thank you, Jung Woo," she said curtly. Dong Joon tries to pull away from her to make it less awkward but Hye Yeon stops him. She smiles at him before looking back at her friends. "If you'll excuse us, I have to greet the other guests." Hye Yeon bows before pulling Dong Joon away from them.

Sung Woo sighs. "As much as I admire your confidence in coming here, you should at least have the decency of refusing it," he said. Jung Woo looks at his brother. "But I am invited. Why would I refuse to attend her birthday?"

"Can't you see she's uncomfortable with you here?" Sung Woo hissed.

"Her or you? Don't you have Nara now in your life?"

"Can't you see that she's with Park Dong Joon now?" Sung Woo bites back. Jung Woo just glared at his brother before walking away, heading to the crew of 'Muse'. Nara holds on to her boyfriend's hand. Sung Woo looks at her. "Don't listen to him," he mutters.

"I won't. I believe you more than anything else. Besides, I can see that he's just jealous of Vice President Park and Ms. Choi." Nara smiles.

"This is my fault." So Nyeo frowns. Yoo An comforted his girlfriend. "It's fine. We didn't expect that he will come."

Hye Yeon and Dong Joon approach Tae Sun and Ye Won. Ye Won hugs Hye Yeon. "Happy birthday, Hye Yeon." Ye Won said and let go of her friends. "Sorry, we didn't bring Ji Yong with us."

"My parents want to spend time with their grandchild." Tae Sun said.

"It's fine. It's a bit noisy too. I wouldn't want Ji Yong to get all fuzzy or something" Hye Yeon said.

Ye Won looks pass Hye Yeon then back at her. "I'm surprised that Jung Woo is here."

"We are too. I guess he was invited because he's a cast of 'Muse'." Hye Yeon shrugs. Dong Joon places his hand on Hye Yeon's lower back. "If you don't want him here, we can ask him to leave. I bet Gwang Jae Hyung will do that for you."

"Just let him be. Just don't leave me." Hye Yeon asks her boyfriend. Dong Joon nods and kisses her temple. It made Hye Yeon's happy."

"You two are cute." Tae Sun said. Ye Won nudges him. "Jealous that your second favorite ex-girlfriend is taken?"

"Nah. Too busy thinking about my wife." Tae Sun boops her nose. Ye Won giggles while Dong Joon and Hye Yeon laugh with them.

After a while, they start having a meal. Dong Joon with his parents sat with the Cha in one table. Three tables away from them are Jung Woo with 'Muse' cast and crew. He's looking at Hye Yeon. She was sitting close to Dong Joon. It irritates him. But he feels so helpless because even Dong Joon is all formal and keeping his distance with Hye Yeon, Hye Yeon is the one clinging to him and taking care of her boyfriend. It hurts Jung Woo but he can't do anything about it.

Then, he decided to do his plan. He took out the USB on his pocket and went to the audio personnel.  He gave it to the man behind the sound system and told him to play the song after his speech. He asks for a mic and went in front. He tests the mic first which made the crowd look at him.

"Good day everyone. I'm Lee Jung Woo, lead actor if the drama 'Muse' that is written by the birthday celebrant, Choi Hye Yeon." he bows and the crowd applause for him except the Park and Cha table and Sung Woo.

"Today, we celebrate Choi Hye Yeon's 31st birthday. Hye Yeon, as I call her, is an amazing woman. That despite our past, she's fair and reasonable. She allows me to portray the role of Jae Sung in 'Muse' and I'm honored about it." he paused. "To celebrate Hye Yeon's birthday, I would like to sing a song for her. This song is one of the OST of 'Muse'. I hope you will like this. Happy Birthday, Choi Hye Yeon." Jung Woo said and the music starts.

Jung Woo starts singing while looking at Hye Yeon. Hye Yeon stares at Dong Joon, hoping that he's not mad Jung Woo's act. Gwang Jae fists his hands in a hard way. He wants to drag Jung Woo out but Song Yi is calming him.

Sung Woo smirks at his brother's act. The song is even about someone asking a person to be his again. Jung Woo is desperat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter