Thirty

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I just feel generous today even I'm so stressed out with work and finishing my other fics updates. Enjoy!

'The writer of the hit drama of 2018 'Captivated by You', Choi Hye Yeon, has a new upcoming drama. KEBN released an announcement of it a week after the drama ended. The story will revolve around a bar singer who lives in an apartment complex facing an exclusive condominium building wherein his unit is facing the unit of an indie fashion designer with a huge secret. Some rumors say that the veteran director Ji Seung Hoon will be the one directing this project and they are casting Kang Mi Suk as the lead actress. With Ji PD's directorial skills and Writer Choi's exquisite writing ability, this will be another hit drama this year.'

Hye Yeon smiles after reading the news. She's excited when she found out that Ji Seung Hoon will be the one directing her next drama. She also meets Kang Mi Suk. They clear up their past and Hye Yeon is happy that she agrees to do this project. The thing they will do now is to find the lead actor. Park Seo Joon is out of the choices now because he's doing a drama and movie at the same time. They haven't heard from Park Hyung Sik but his company said he's interested.

Hye Yeon headed to the casting room. As she enters, everyone is busy setting up. Ji Seung Hoon and his assistant director are already there. The producers are sitting on their respective seats too. Hye Yeon approaches Ji Seung Hoon.

"Ji PD-nim." She calls her. Ji Seung Hoon faces him. He may be in his 40's but Ji Seung Hoon is a handsome man. He smiles at her. "Ahh... Writer Choi! Finally, we meet. Cha PD speaks highly of you." He said. Hye Yeon smiles and bows. "I'm really happy that you agree on directing this drama. It's a huge honor for me."

"No, Writer Choi. This is an honor for me. Your debut drama is superb. Your writing skill is so unique. I've been directing for almost 25 years but I never directed a plot like that. You and Cha PD did a great job. I hope we can also do great things together." Ji PD said.

"I hope too, Ji PD-nim." Hye Yeon hopes.

"JI PD-nim, MS. Choi, shall we start?" So Nyeo said as she points the panel table where they will be seated. Seung Hoon and Hye Yeon headed to their chairs and sit. So Nyeo starts the casting audition for the male lead o this drama. Na Ra distributed the profile folder of the actors that will audition for the role. According to So Nyeo, 12 actors will audition today. One of the staff calls the first one and the casting begins.

Two hours later, they are interviewing Park Hyung Sik. He's a nice guy and his acting skill is superb. But Ji PD feels like that he lacks something for the male role and he can't see him acting along with Kang Mi Suk. Even Hye Yeon likes him, she also wants someone who will look good with Kang Mi Suk.

"Thank you, Park Hyung Sik-ssi." Hye Yeon said. The actor bid goodbye and left the room. So Nyeo distributed the coffee to Hye Yeon, Ji PD and the producers. Hye Yeon took a sip while looking at Park Hyung Sik's profile.

"Too bad Park Seo Joon has already had a drama." She said. Seung Hoon nodded. "Yes. But don't lose hope, Writer Choi. We will find our lead actor." He assures her. While looking at Hye Yeon, he turns the page of the profile folder. "Shall we call the next actor?"

Hye Yeon nodded and signals So Nyeo to call the next person. So Nyeo talks to her walkie talkie to call the next actor. Hye Yeon rests her head on the headrest of her seat and closes her eyes.

"Good day, everyone." A familiar voice said. The room becomes silent at that moment. Hye Yeon feels like she's dreaming. She opens her eyes and looks at the person standing in front of them.

Lee Jung Woo.

Hye Yeon's face remains neutral as she stares at him. He's smiling brightly at them. He looks more handsome and stylish. Then, their eyes meet.

When Jung Woo saw Hye Yeon, he felt his heart skipped a beat. Her photos online didn't give justice to her beauty. She's more beautiful in person. She looked away first from him and turns the page of the folder in front of her. He saw her sighs.

Ji Seung Hoon is smiling brightly at Jung Woo. "Lee Jung Woo-ssi. South Korea's Pride in Hollywood. I didn't know you're back." he said while looking amused.

Jung Woo looks at Seung Hoon. "Yes, Ji PD-nim. I just got back recently. My contract in the U.S. is done. And I miss working here in Korea. So, I'm here now." He said and glance at Hye Yeon. She's still looking at his profile data on the folder.

"That's great news. So, what made you decided to audition for the role?" Seung Hoon asks.

"Well, I watched 'Captivated by You' recently. Writer Choi's story is really interesting and challenging. I want to do something like that. And I also want to work with you, Ji PD. It will be a great honor for me to work along with you and Writer Choi. I want this project to mark my come back in Korean entertainment and also, a reunion project for me and Kang Mi Suk-ssi." Jung Woo points out. Hye Yeon raised her head and look at him. Jung Woo is happy. He got her attention upon mentioning having a reunion with Kang Mi Suk.

Hye Yeon shook her head in dismay and smiles. She looks directly at him. "Lee Jung Woo-ssi, the summary of this drama may sound ordinary but it is not as simple as that. We want an actor who knows to commit to the role, someone who will put his heart on it and deliver a realistic performance. If you see this drama as a comeback opportunity, then I suggest that we end your audition here." Hye Yeon said in a stern voice. Seung Hoon taps Hye Yeon's shoulder so she looks at him. He mouthed the word 'what are you doing'. She ignores him and looks back at Jung Woo.

Jung Woo bows to her "I'm sorry if I offend you, Writer Choi" He stands back up and stands up straight. "What I mean to say that my fans deserve the best of me and there's no other can top this as a comeback gift to my fans that waited for me to return to the Korean TV screen." Jung Woo said. Hye Yeon wasn't convinced. She leans back and crossed her arms on her front while giving him a stern look.

"Okay, Jung Woo-ssi. I get your intention. But since this is an audition, we will ask you to do some exercises in preparation for the role." Ji PD said.

Jung Woo nodded. "I will do my best to comply."

Hye Yeon sits up straight and grabs back her pen. "Okay. First, the lead male character is an aspiring singer who works as a bar singer who plays piano and guitar. Do you know how to play any of those?" she asks.

"I can play both, plus drums." Jung Woo said. Hye Yeon wrote something on his profile paper. "Can you sing?" she asks blankly.

"Yes, Writer Choi." He answered.

"Okay, please sing for us. Any song will do. There is an instrument available there if you want to use it."

Jung Woo clears his throat as he walks towards the piano keyboard. He taps a few keys before he sits properly and took a deep breath. He starts to sing as he plays the piano. Hye Yeon smirks sarcastically when he starts singing 'Untitled, 2014' by G-Dragon. She looks at Ji PD and the producers. They looked impressed by what he's doing. She wrote something again in her notes.

After he's done singing, Seung Hoon made him deliver some lines. Jung Woo can feel her eyes on him and he knows that she hates the fact that he's auditioning for this. After his audition, Seung Hoon thanked him and bid goodbye to him. Hye Yeon already turns the page for the next actor.

After an hour, all actors are done auditioning. Some of them already left for their other work while others are having a snack that the staff provided and waiting for their road managers to pick them up. Hye Yeon, Seung Hoon, and the producers are having a meeting. Hye Yeon doesn't like what they are saying.

"I think Lee Jung Woo will be perfect for the role." The first producer said.

Ji Seung Hoon nodded. The second producer speaks. "I agree. He has the skills that we needed. He's acting is still on point. He also has this mysterious look that needed for the role. And he's right, this is the perfect comeback for him. Story aside, the people will talk about this because it will be a reunion project of him and Kang Mi Suk. What do you think, Ms. Choi?"

Hye Yeon huffed. "I disagree. He might have the skills but his goal for this drama insults me. For his comeback? That's a lame reason. And I don't want him using my story for his comeback." She said.

"Writer Choi, don't be like that. Please understand Lee Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter