Forty Six

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The condition of Park Gun Ho put KEBN in a terrible situation. Park Gun Ho was known as a healthy man who loves playing golf and enjoys other sports from time to time so it was a huge shock for the company that he had a heart attack. Apparently, Gun Ho is keeping his heart condition to his family.

Luckily, the doctors stabilize him and he's now safe but he will need to undergo further tests like angiogram to check his heart condition and he needs to rest for a long time. Hence, his position is vacant at the moment.

Soo Jung, along with her husband, Kim Min Hyuk, or Justin Kim, went back to South Korea to help the family and the company.

Dong Joon, Soo Jung, Justin, and Jin Hwa are currently in Gun Ho's room.

"There will be an emergency meeting soon. They will appoint the new CEO and President of the company. As much as I want Soo Jung to take over, she still needs to gain the trust of the shareholders and other executives for them to vote for them." Gun Ho said in a weak voice. Jin Hwa is holding his hand.

"Yeobo, let's not talk about work for now. It's not good for you." Jin Hwa begs her husband.

"Father, please rest. This can wait." Soo Jung said.

"No. I don't want the others to take what I work hard for." Gun Ho said before looking at Dong Joon. "Son, take over my position."

Dong Joon stares at his father. "But Father, I don't think..."

"Please son. I build this empire for you and your sister. I will appoint Soo Jung as the VP for Entertainment and Justin for the Operating Manager. My family should be taking over. Please." Gun Ho asks.

Jin Hwa looks at her son helplessly "Dong Joon, please son. For your father and me. Do this."

Justin approaches Dong Joon and pats his shoulder. "Don't worry, Dong Joon. We're here to help you."

Dong Joon sighs. Being a VP is a huge responsibility already, what more being the CEO and President of the company.

---

Two days later, KEBN announced that Park Dong Joon is the new CEO and President of the network. Dong Joon feels like his life was turn upside down at that moment. People expect so much from him and the board of shareholders is watching him. His first agenda is to make sure that the network is operating well and everything is stable. Soo Jung and Justin are very helpful in the situation and he made sure that no one will question Justin's position.

He visits Hye Yeon after work. He made sure to see her every day even he was busy and tired. Young Jae went back to Paris for work and Ava but he promised that he will check on Hye Yeon. Gwang Jae still doesn't talk to Dong Joon but Song Yi appreciates that than he asks Dong Joon to stay away.

That has been Dong Joon's routine. Work, visit his father, visit Hye Yeon, then rest. It's tiring but he endures it. For his family and his girlfriend.

One month has passed since Hye Yeon was declared comatose. Dong Joon just arrived from Japan for a three days business trip. He immediately asks his driver to bring him to his parent's home so he can report to his father and see Hye Yeon later

His father is sleeping and his mother is in a charity gala with Justin. Soo Jung is there. Dong Joon feels so tired.

"How's the meeting?" Soo Jung asks as they sat on the sofa.

"Everything is settled. We just have to wait until the Japanese producers and directors visit the network," Dong Joon sighs.

"Have you eaten?" Soo Jung asks. Dong Joon nods. "I have an in-flight meal. But I will eat something when I get home"

"Why don't you take a day off tomorrow. You rest. You've been working too hard ever since you became the CEO." Soo Jung points out. Dong Joon shook his head. "I can't. I need to check some stuff tomorrow. I also have a meeting with the marketing department."

"Let me handle that," Soo Jung offers.

"I can manage, Noona. Don't worry," Dong Joon assures his sister. He patted his sister's shoulder. "I have to go. I'll just check on Hye Yeon and I'll go home. Tell Father I'll visit him tomorrow," Dong Joon said.

"Please take some rest, Dong Joon. You need it." Soo Jung asks him with a concerned tone in her voice. Dong Joon just smiles before he left.

---

When Dong Joon arrived in the hospital, he immediately noticed something. Song Yi is sitting on the bench outside Hye Yeon's room and Gwang Jae is seriously talking to the doctor. He looks at the door of Hye Yeon's room. He feels like the air in his lung is out of it. Then a nurse is pushing the heart monitor out of her room, the breathing apparatus follows after it. Dong Joon hurriedly went inside Hye Yeon's room, ignoring Song Yi calling him.

Dong Joon froze upon seeing Hye Yeon. She was propped up her bed as another doctor is checking on her. She's pale but she's awake and responding to the doctor's question.

He can't hear anything. He's just staring at Hye Yeon as the doctor and nurse leave. Then, Hye Yeon saw him. She smiles at him and held her hand out for him. Dong Joon walks towards her bed and holds on her hand. He leans towards her and kisses her forehead. Using her free hand, Hye Yeon reaches to touch Dong Joon's kaw. He leans back to look at her. Hye Yeon rubs her thumb against his cheek before Dong Joon rests his forehead against her.

"I missed you," he murmurs. Hye Yeon sighs. "I know. Me too," she says.

Dong Joon leans away from her but keeps on holding her hand. He sat down at the chair beside her bed. "When did you wake up?" Dong Joon asks.

"Today, early in the morning." Hye Yeon says. "I was looking for you. I know you are worried but Song Yi Unnie said you were on a business trip,"

"I'm sorry," Dong Joon feels bad that Hye Yeon was looking for him and he was not there for her.

"I understand, Oppa. I heard you're the CEO now." she smiles at him. "Is your father okay?"

"Yes, he's home now but the doctor told him to rest. He just had an angioplasty," he stated.

"How about you? Are you okay?" Hye Yeon asks as she stares at her boyfriend. Dong Joon smiles. "Yes, I've been busy lately. It's tiring. But I'm fine," he paused. "I think I should follow my Noona and take a day off tomorrow. I want to stay with you,"

"Take a day off and rest. I'll be fine here," Hye Yeon assures him. Dong Joon shook his head "No, I want to be there for you,"

"You are. But I want you healthy when you are with me. Just sleep before you visit me again. Go home, sleep until lunch then come here,"

"Are you kicking me out now?" Dong Joon asks as he smiles at her.

Hye Yeon nods and grins at him "Yes. I want you to go home and sleep. I expect you to be here at 1 pm tomorrow. Not earlier than that. I will tell Song Yi Unnie not to let you in unless it's 1 pm."

Dong Joon kisses the back of her palm. "Can I stay for an hour before I go home? I miss you."

Hye Yeon sighs, "Fine. But after an hour, you will go home. Okay?"

"Yes, ma'am." Dong Joon replies.

Hye Yeon and Dong Joon talk to their heart content. Dong Joon tells Hye Yeon what happened while she's sleeping. Hye Yeon told him that she can hear them and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter