Two

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy Birthday."

Hye Yeon smiles as she stares at the small cake she bought for herself that morning. It's her 28th birthday yet she's still at work at midnight because she needs to finish some paperwork and photocopy it for each staff of their team. She grabbed the small fork from the box and have a spoonful of the cake. She checked her phone but there are no calls or messages. She shrugged and thought that it might be too early for someone to greet her.

She placed the cake back to the box and placed it on her cubicle table. She took her jacket and wear it, grabs her bag and cake and walks out of the office room. She headed to the elevator and wait.

She hops in as the elevator car arrived. It's been like this ever since she works in this TV station. Being a production assistant is cool but it became a routine for her. It's home-work-home routine.

As she arrived at the lobby, she silently walks towards the exit. She grabs the key of her 2010 model car that she bought for herself 2 years ago, she heard two voices arguing.

A woman who is whining said, "You can't do this to me, Oppa!"

"I told you, nothing is going on between us!" A male voice said.

"We went out on dinners, we even attend occasions together. You bought me gifts!" The woman pointed out.

Hye Yeon hid behind a pillar and took a peak. It was the actress, Na Ji Woo, and VP Park Dong Joon. Hye Yeon sighs.

"My former assistant was the one who gave you gifts as a token of appreciation. We went out dinners with staff and other actors of the drama you're in. We don't attend occasions together. It just happens that you're in the event where I am too, which is disturbing. Don't give meaning to it. One more thing, I'm 10 years older than you and I'm your boss so you address me properly." Dong Joon said calmly.

Ji Woo whines again. "I don't care! I like you, Oppa. My fans said we look good together. And age doesn't matter. Oppa, date me, please!"

Dong Joon pinched the bridge of his nose. He's annoyed with this woman's demeanor. Then, he took his phone and called someone.

"Ahh... Yes. Mr. Han. It's me, Park Dong Joon. Ji Woo is pestering me again. Please pick her up here. I just finished with my work and she was waiting outside. Pick her up at the entrance of the main building. Okay. Bye." Then, Dong Joon glared at Ji Woo. "Mr. Han will pick you up at the entrance of the main building. Wait for him."

Dong Joon was about to leave when Ji Woo yelled at him. "Yaaaah!!! You can't do this to me. I'm Na Ji Woo. I'm a top superstar and I don't deserve to be treated like this!"

Dong Joon smirks at look back at her "Really?" he said amusingly. He walks back to her which makes Ji Woo smiles but he stopped an arm away from her. "Will you still be a superstar if your fans found out that you dated two of your high school teachers secretly before?"

Ji Woo's eyes widen and placed her hands on . Dong Joon smirks at her, turns his back on her and walks away. Ji Woo was pissed and walk towards the building.

Hye Yeon went out of the pillar when both of them are gone. She feels bad for Ji Woo but at the same time, she feels like she deserves it. As she headed to her car, she noticed that her car is parked next to Dong Joon's car. She stays calm and she reminds herself that she doesn't hear anything. She opens first her passenger's seat to place her bag and cake there. When she went to the driver side, she noticed that Dong Joon is having a hard time starting his car. She wants to leave but being helpful is her worst trait. She knocked on his passenger's window which he opens.

"Good evening, Vice President Park. Is everything okay?" she asked.

Dong Joon looked at her. "My car won't start. I don't know why." He tried to start it again but it doesn't start.

"Can I help? I can check the hood if you want? Maybe there's a faulty line there or something." she offered. Dong Joon tilted his head. "Do you know anything about cars?"

She smiled sheepishly. "I know some stuff. I learn if t from my Dad. I used to help him fix his car. He's meticulous. I will check it, okay?" Hye Yeon went to the hood and opens it. Dong Joon went down and look at what she's doing. Hye Yeon thoroughly checks the engine using the flash of her cellphone. Then, she looks at Dong Joon.

"Your battery needs to be charged and there are some wires that need replacement. I suggest that you call the car shop to pick this up and be fixed."

"I don't know a car shop." he said blankly.

"I know one. I can call them but I think they will pick this up later, during the daytime. Is that okay?" she asked. Dong Joon shrugged and signals her to go ahead. She then calls the car shop and gives the details of the car. She even asked him to contact after the car is done. Dong Joon gave his assistant's number.

"Sir, they will pick up the car at 8 a.m. later. Uhmmm... I think you should call someone to pick you up." Hye Yeon said. Dong Joon sighs. "My driver is on his weekend break by now. I don't even know if my other staff are still awake." He looked at Hae Yeon. "Can you take me home?"

Hye Yeon was shocked. She then looks at her car. "Uhmmm... My car is..."

"I live in Gangnam." He said. "And your car is okay. You know cars so I assume you take care of your car as well."

Hye Yeon smiled shyly. "Well, okay. Hop in." She hurriedly went to the driver side of her car. Dong Joon took something from his car and went to the passenger side beside the driver. Hye Yeon peeks at him. "You can sit comfortably at the back"

"No, I like to see the road in front." Hye Yeon just nodded and picked up her bag and cake and placed it at the back seat. Dong Joon sits on the passenger side while holding a jacket. Hye Yeon then starts to drive out of the parking lot.

A few minutes later, Dong Joon speaks. "I hope I'm not bothering you."

"No, It's fine, sir. I usually go home like this."

"Choi Hye Yeon, right?" he asked.

"Yes, sir." she said.

Dong Joon nodded "So, where do you leave?" Hae Yeon hesitates at first but she told him where she lives. "Mapo-gu..."

"This is out of your way." he was shocked. "Maybe I should call someone." He grabs his phone and tries to search for someone.

She smiled "It's fine. It's past midnight. It wasn't that far. Going home from Gangnam is easy. At least I'm driving you safely home than let you be in a taxi or something. This will be an unforgettable birthday for me." she mumbles while smiling.

Dong Joon stares at her. It's her birthday and yet, she went out of work late, she helped him, and now, she driving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter