Forty Four

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dong Joon moves away from the sunlight coming through his window. He places his hand to space where Hye Yeon was sleeping but it was empty. He opens his eyes and confirmed that she wasn’t there. He rubs his eyes using the sides of his index fingers and looks again. She wasn’t there.  He looks around to find her but he’s alone in his room. But his door is open and he can hear a humming and frying sound. Dong Joon gets up and went to his bathroom to freshen up.

After making sure that he’s decent with his plain white shirt and comfy pants, he went out to check what’s happening outside. He then found Hye Yeon in the kitchen, wearing a white T-shirt and short pants. It was his clothes and looks big on her. Dong Joon finds his clothes y at her. He smiles at the thought that she wears nothing beneath it and she’s comfortable by it. She’s humming a song while frying eggs. She already cooks some soup, meat and coffee are being brewed in the coffee maker. Dong Joon clears his throat which made Hye Yeon look around and smiles upon seeing him.

“Good morning. Sorry if I invade your kitchen. I just want to prepare some breakfast.” She grins. Dong Joon walks towards her and kisses her forehead. “After what happened last night, I think you can invade anything here now. You’re even wearing my clothes.” He smirks.

Hye Yeon blushes. “I put my clothes in the washing machine. I’m just waiting for it to be done.” She shrugs. She takes out the eggs from the pan and places it on the plate. “Sit down and I’ll serve us our breakfast.”

“Let me help you.” He said but she stops her. “I can do this. Just sit.” She insists. Dong Joon followed his girlfriend’s request and went to the dining table. He sat down as Hye Yeon starts putting the food on the table. She already arranged the table with plates, bowls for the soup, two bowls of rice, spoons, glasses, a pitcher of water and chopsticks. She gets two mugs and pours some coffee on it and brought it on the table. She sat down and she stares at Dong Joon.

“Eat.” She said.

“Thank you for the food.” He said as he picks up his chopstick and gets some meat from the plate. Hye Yeon put some soup on his empty bowl and gives it to him. Hye Yeon watches Dong Joon eat first before she starts eating. Serving him breakfast makes her happy.

They didn’t talk about Jung Woo but Dong Joon asks her about the story she’s working on. Hye Yeon gives him a summary of the story and he loves it. She will submit her story after she’s done writing and revising it.

Dong Joon remembers his business trip.

“Hye Yeon, I need to tell you something.” He said. Hye Yeon nods and stares at him.

“I’m going to Europe for 2 weeks. I have a business trip there.” He said.

“When are you leaving?” she asks.

“5 days from now.”

Hye Yeon said, “I see.” She took a sip of her coffee.

Dong Joon can see that sadness in her face. He wants her to come with him but he knows that she will refuse it since it’s a business trip. Then, he had an idea.

“Hye Yeon, how about we go on a short vacation before my business trip?” he suggested. Hye Yeon blinks at him. A short vacation sounds lovely.

“Where?” she asks.

Dong Joon thinks for a while. He wants to go somewhere away from Seoul but also quick access if they need to get back. “How about Jeju?”

She smiles “Really?”

With that happy expression on her face, he was decided. “Yes. We’ll go to Jeju. How about we leave by tomorrow? Let’s stay there for three days and two nights.”

“Okay.” She agrees.

“Good. I will settle everything today. We will leave early in the morning tomorrow. Anything else?” Dong Joon asks with a smile on his face.

“Can I reserve a place for us?”

Dong Joon agrees.

---

The next day, Dong Joon picks up Hye Yeon early in the morning and they head to Gimpo airport for their flight to Jeju. They were glad that no one noticed them. They peacefully arrived at Jeju. Dong Joon was impressed that Hye Yeon managed to rent a car for them to use. Hye Yeon input the address at the GPS as Dong Joon drives for them.

The house that Hye Yeon rented has a sea view. It’s also peaceful and has enough distance from other houses.

Dong Joon drops their small luggage near the sofa as he looks around. Hye Yeon went to the balcony that overlooks the sea. She loves it. Dong Joon follows her at the balcony and hugs her from behind.

“It’s beautiful here.” Hye Yeon said as she holds at Dong Joon’s arms that wrapped around her waist. Dong Joon agrees with her. “It is. Especially that we’re here together. I’m glad no one noticed us at the airport.”

“It’s a bit early, that’s why.” She chuckles. Dong Joon kisses her shoulder. “So, what are we going to do now?” he asks.

“We can go around and explore the island. Then we can go to the market later so we can buy some food for dinner. Is that okay?”

Dong Jon nodded. “No problem. Let’s rest for a bit before leaving.”

“Sure.” Hye Yeon said. Dong Joon let go of her but took her hand. He leads her back inside so they can rest.

An hour and a half later, Dong Joon and Hye Yeon are on their way to the Teddy Bear Museum. Hye Yeon wanted to see it. Dong Joon is just happy to see Hye Yeon admire the exhibit. After that, they went to Aqua World to see the marine life. It felt so normal that they can freely roam around without camera flashing at them. Near dinner time, they went to a market to find something to eat. They were checking some seafood when someone taps Hye Yeon's shoulder. She looks around and saw a familiar face that she hadn’t see for three years.

“Mother.” She said.

Lee Soo Young smiles at her. Hye Yeon hugs the old woman. “It’s great to see you, Mother.” Hye Yeon said before letting her go.

‘It’s great to see you again, child.’ Soo Young signed at her. Then she looks at Dong Joon. Hye Yeon smiles. “Mother, this is Park Dong Joon, my boyfriend. Dong Joon, this is Lee Soo Young, she’s Sung Woo and Jung Woo’s mom.” Hye Yeon said. Dong Joon smiles at Soo Young and bows to her. “Nice to meet you, Mrs. Lee.” He said.

Soo Young signed something. Dong Joon looks at Hye Yeon.

“She said it’s nice to meet you too.” Hye Yeon said. Hye Yeon looks back at Soo Young.

‘What are you doing here?’ Soo Young asked.

“We’re on a short vacation, Mother. We’re exploring the market while looking for something to cook for dinner.” She answ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter