Twenty Nine

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another week has come. Hye Yeon is nervous. It's only two weeks left before the final week of their drama. She and Gwang Jaw watched the two last episodes last night after editing and it was the ending that they wanted. No one will expect it but they are satisfied with it. Hye Yeon just arrived at KEBN building when she saw Dong Joon arrived. She smiles upon seeing him. She was about to walk towards him but he seems in a hurry that even his secretary is busy typing something on her tablet. Hye Yeon sighs. He's busy she thought.

Her day goes by smoothly, she's expecting a call or message from Dong Joon to have lunch with him but there's none. So, he went lunch with So Nyeo and Na Ra in the cafeteria. She saw Dong Joon again but he was busy talking to an executive. Seeing Dong Joon gives her happiness but not talking to him makes her feel sad.

When she's about to go home, she saw him leaving. Their eyes meet but he immediately looks away even before she smiles at him. She frowns. She doesn't understand why but she feels like he's avoiding her. She sighs and went out of the building to go home.

It's been like that for days. Hye Yeon keeps on telling herself that he's just busy. But the truth is she missed him. She missed spending time with him. Their lunch meals together, his smiles, their conversation, she misses him as a person.

Weekend comes. Song Yi calls her and invited her to join her and Shin Bi on their picnic at home. Gwang Jae is busy that day for his variety show. Shin Bi is currently playing with her dolls while Song Yi and Hye Yeon are having tea on the gazebo.

"Congratulations." Song Yi said.

Hye Yeon looks at her. "Huh? For what?"

"For the success of your first TV Drama." Song Yi said and sighs "Even I'm just there for a cameo role; I didn't feel that my role is just a cameo. You have good writing skills, Hye Yeon-ah."Hye Yeon smiles timidly "Thank you, Unnie. I'm thankful that Gwang Jae Oppa trusted me in writing that."

"Of course he will. He knows how talented you are. Even you were a production assistant, he can see potential in you."

Hye Yeon took a sip of her tea and look at Shin Bi. Song Yi is observing her. Even since she arrived, she noticed how sad her expressions are. Her smile doesn't reach her eyes and she looks like in deep thought. Song Yi took a sip of her tea and sat properly. "Talk to me, Hye Yeon."

"About what, Unnie?"

"Something is bothering you. I can see it ever since you arrived. What is it?"Hye Yeon smiles and shook her head. "It's nothing, Unnie. Nothing is bothering me."

Song Yi smirks. "You're going to lie to me now? Really?"

Hye Yeon sighs. "It's nothing. It's just Park Dong Joon-ssi seems busy lately. We haven't talked for more than a week now. I have this feeling that he's avoiding me but I can't think of any reason why he's avoiding me. He's not responding to my calls and messages. I don't know what's happening." Hye Yeon mutters. She looks at Song Yi. She has a funny expression of her face while covering her lips with her hand. "What's with that face, Unnie?"

Song Yi starts to laugh hysterically. Hye Yeon and even Shin Bi, whose few feet away from them, look at her quizzically. Song Yi uses her hand to fan herself as she tries to calm down. Then she looks at Hy Yeon again with a serious look. "Choi Hye Yeon-ssi, be honest with me."

"What?"

"Do you like Park Dong Joon-ssi?"

Hye Yeon was shocked by her question. 'Do you like Park Dong Joon-ssi?' it keeps repeating her mind. As it keeps repeating, memories of her and Dong Joon also runs in her mind. The way he smiles at her, the way he talks, how gentleman he is, how thoughtful he is, how vulnerable he is when Na Ji Woo came back, and the way he calls her name. Does she like Park Dong Joon?

"Yes." Hye Yeon said.

Song Yi eyes widen and cover her lips with her hands again. Then, she stood up and starts laughing again. "Yes!!! Finally!!!" Song Yi giggles like a school girl which made her daughter look at her quizzically again.

"Unnie, will you stop that?" Hye Yeon said who feel embarrassed at that moment. Song Yi then stops and sits back down but she's still smiling. "Hye Yeon-ah, I'm so happy for you."

"Unnie, there's nothing to be happy about. Yes, I do like him. But he's in love with this woman for years!" said Hye Yeon. Song Yi frowns. "Oh. Right." Song Yi said.

"I know he's still waiting for her. And I also don't want to ruin our friendship. He's one of my good friends. I don't want to lose him." Hye Yeon said with a sad expression on her face. Song Yi understands her. Hye Yeon is a strong independent woman but losing the people she loves makes her weak.

"Hye Yeon-ah, look t me." Song Yi told her. Hye Yeon stress at her. "Park Dong Joon-ssi is a good man. And I'm not surprised that you like him. I am happy because you know that I've been rooting for him for you since then, right?" Song Yi smiles which made Hye Yeon smile too. "But Hye Yeon-h, more than anything, I also want you to be happy too. I want someone to love you and cherish you for the rest of your life like Gwang Jae and me. Sure, keep your feelings towards him. But why don't you give yourself a chance to know what he feels about you? The 'what if's' are worse than heartbreak. He should know how you feel than you waiting for nothing." Song Yi said.

Hye Yeon sighs. She's scared. She likes Dong Joon but she doesn't want to lose him. "I don't know, Unnie."

Song Yi reaches for her hand and holds it "Take your time, Hye Yeon. Just think about it. Whatever you decided to do, I will support you. I just want to see you happy." Song Yi said. Hye Yeon smiles and nodded at her.

---

The last week of 'Captivated by You' comes. The staffs are busy organizing the after-party on the last night of the drama. They are all going to watch the last episode and have a party after it. Hye Yeon and Dong Joon haven't talked to each other. She's still waiting for him to talk to him but she found out that he left for a business meeting in Japan. But Haru told her that he will be back a day before the after-party. Hye Yeon asks Haru to asks Dong Joon to attend the after-party if he's free. Haru is happy to help her.

The final day has come. Hye Yeon is nervous about it. But still, she managed to dress up for the occasion. When she arrived at the venue, cameras start flashing on her. She smiled and waved at them as she poses for a photo-op. Then, she went inside to meet the cast and staff. She looks around to any sign of Park Dong Joon but here's none. Then someone taps her shoulder. She smiles, expecting its Dong Joon. But when she looks back to face that person, it was Sung Woo along with Yoo An, So Nyeo and Na Ra.

"Noona, congratulations." Sung Woo said. Hye Yeon nodded and smiles. "Thank you."

"I'm excited about the final episode, Noona. Since last night, there's still no definite answer to whom Lee Dong Gun-ssi's character will end up with. It's frustrating, you know." Yoo An said.

So Nyeo giggles while hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter