Forty Five

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon and Dong Joon went back to Seoul after their short vacation in Jeju. At the same time, Young Jae arrived at Seoul for an I.T. convention. Young Jae invited the couple for a drink. It was a great night but HyeYeon feels sad since Dong Joon has to leave the next day for his business trip. Dong Joon didn’t want HyeYeon to send him away so they said goodbye to each other when Dong Joon drops her home.

Dong Joon left for his business trip the next day but he keeps his words to call and message HyeYeon as often as he can. He sends morning text to her and video calls her at night. He even asks Ki Bum to sends flowers to HyeYeon every day with Dong Joon’s handwritten notes of saying sweet stuff to her.

Two weeks had past and Dong Joon is coming home tomorrow. Hye Yeon is excited to be him again.

At that moment, HyeYeon will be having family dinner with the Cha Family. She’s gathering her stuff when she received a call from Young Jae.

“Yah! Where are you?” Young Jae asks.

“I’m coming. I’m just getting my stuff so I can leave the office.”

“Hurry up. Hyung is hungry. And when he’s hungry, he’s grumpy” Young Jae chuckles. Hye Yeon shook his head and gets her key and sling her bag on her shoulder before she heads out.

“I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” She utters as she takes the elevator.

“Okay. Shall we order now?” Young Jae asks.

“Yeah. Order a steak for me and some vegetables” HyeYeon went out of the elevator and heads to the exit.

“Wine?”

“No. Just sparkling water. I’m driving.”

“Okay. Hurry up, okay?”

“Yes, Young Jae Oppa. Bye.” She said before she hangs up. She walks towards her car and unlocks it. She’s about to open the door when someone touches her arm. She was startled and looks around to see who it is. It was Na Ji Woo.

“Ohh.Na Ji Woo-ssi. What are you doing here?” Hye Yeon asks before facing her. Na Ji Woo looks normal. She’s not wearing any makeup though and she’s wearing simple clothes.

“Ms. Choi, I need your help. You see, I lost my phone so I can’t contact my manager to pick me up. Can you call my manager for me? The receptionist in the lobby doesn’t know his number.” Ji Woo begs her. Hye Yeon nods and smiles at Ji Woo. “Don’t worry. I think I have Mr. Han’s number.” Hye Yeon said before she takes out her from her bag. She places her bag on the roof of her car as she calls Ji Woo’s manager. Suddenly, something hit her head hard. The last thing she saw is Na Ji Woo’s malevolent smile.

Hye Yeon wakes up and tries to reach for the back of her head but she can’t do it. She opens her eyes and noticed that she is seated on the passenger’s side of her car, her hands and feet are tied up with duct tape. She squirms but it was useless. She then directs her eyes to the person beside her. It was Na Ji Woo driving her car.

“Na Ji Woo, what are you doing?” she asks her.

“Choi HyeYeon, let’s die together, okay? If Park Dong Joon wouldn’t be mine then no one will. I will die with you. No one will get Dong Joon. Understand?” Ji Woo said before laughing hysterically.

Hye Yeon is scared but she tries her best to stay calm. “Ji Woo, talk to me. Don’t do this. You have a brighter future. You will meet other men that will love you back.”

“No!!! I want Dong Joon!!! He’s the one for me. He’s meant to be with me. But you came around and seduce him. You stole him from me!!!” Ji Woo said as she steps on the gas and shifts to 5th gear. She’s swerving and passing so many cars. Hye Yeon starts to cry. She can’t even move because Ji Woo is driving too fast.

Suddenly, Ji Woo hit a gutter and the car flies few feet up before it crashes to the ground. Hye Yeon and Ji Woo are scrambled inside the car, both bleeding and unconscious.

An hour later, Gwang Jae, Song Yi, and Young Jae arrived in the hospital. The hospital called them regarding HyeYeon’s situation. Gwang Jae went to the reception.

“Choi Hye Yeon? Where is Choi Hye Yeon?” Gwang Jae asks. The nurse looks up to him. “Relation to the patient?”

“Guardian. Brother. Where is she?” Gwang Jae asks impatiently. The nurse then typed Hye Yeon’s name. “She’s still in the operating room.”

“Where is it?!!” Gwang Jae yells at the nurse. Song Yi holds Gwang Jae and pulls him away from the reception. Young Jae faces the nurses. “Where’s the operating room?”

“3rd floor, turn right when you’re out of the elevator.” The nurse said. Young Bae, Gwang Jae, and Song Yi were heading there when Gwang Jae saw Na Ji Woo’s manager and some staff. Gwang Jae approaches them and grabs the manager by this collar.

“Look at what Na Ji Woo did! She almost ruined Park Dong Joon before, now she wants to kill my sister! I will make her pay for this!” Gwang Jae hissed. The manager is calm and expressionless. “No need for you to do that. Na Ji Woo is dead. She died on the spot. We’re here to claim her remains.” Manager Han said. Gwang Jae let go of his collar. The anger and staff bows to them before they left.

“Yeobo, let’s go.” Song Yi told his husband. They went to the elevator and heads to the operating room.

The news about the accident that causes Na Ji Woo’s death and Choi HyeYeon being in critical condition was all-over the news. It was also revealed the obsession that Na Ji Woo had for Park Dong Joon. Dispatch even released some photos of Na Ji Woo bothering Park Dong Joon from the past. And people are praying for HyeYeon to survive the critical condition.

After her operation, the doctor said that HyeYeon is comatose. They place her in ICU for observation. Gwang Jae is so worried about her sister.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter