Thirteen

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon is waiting for Jung Woo to arrive. She's waiting by the porch. She keeps looking at her watch. It's almost 7 am. Gwang Jae comes out and stood beside her.

"Is he coming?" he asked. Hye Yeon looks at her brother. "Oppa!" He chuckles and pats her back. "Yah! Relax. He's coming. It's just a long drive here from Incheon."

"He doesn't tell me but I think he's nervous in meeting Mom." she said.

"They already meet. Why would he be nervous?"

"I don't know." she shrugged.

Hye Yeon face lit up when she saw Jung Woo's car approaching. He parks beside Gwang Jae's SUV. When he comes down, Hye Yeon waves at him and he waves back.

"He doesn't look nervous to me." Gwang Jae said. Hye Yeon glares at her brother. Gwang Jae salutes her and went back inside. Jung Woo was carrying a bottle of wine, the red ginseng box for Mi Kyung and a stuffed toy. He stood in front of her.

"Am I late?" he asked.

"No, you're just in time." Hye Yeon said. "What's all of these?"

Jung Woo straightens up. "Red ginseng for your mom, wine for Song Yi and Gwang Jae and this cute teddy bear for Shin Bi."

She frowns. "How about me?" Jung Woo leans forward to her and kisses her lips. "There you go." he said while giving her a cheeky smile. Hye Yeon just giggles and asks him to come in.

Hye Yeon took the wine bottle from Jung Woo. They were meet by Song Yi, Gwang Jae, and Shin Bi.

"Good evening, Song Yi-ssi, Gwang Jae-ssi." Jung Woo says.

"Omo! You don't have to be formal now. We're family now." Song Yi said. Gwang Jae gives his wife a what-are-you-saying look. Hye Yeon blushes while Jung Woo just smiles.

"Jung Woo Samcheon!" Shin Bi said. Jung Woo crouches in front of the little girl. "Hello, Shin Bi. This is for you." he gave the stuffed toy to Shin Bi. The little girl hugged it tightly.

"Thank you, Samchon!"

Jung Woo stood up. Hye Yeon stood beside her. Mi Kyung came out from the dining room and approaches them. Jung Woo bows to her. "Hello, Mrs. Cha."

"Aigoo... Just call me Mom." she said. Gwang Jae shook his head while Song Yi, Shin Bi, and Hye Yeon are smiling brightly. Jung Woo smiles and nodded. "Mom, I bought a gift for you." He presents her the red ginseng box.

"How thoughtful of you." she took it. "Thank you, Jung Woo-ssi."

Gwang Jae speaks. "Let's go to the dining room. Young Jae is going to call in a few minutes."

They all headed to the dining room. Jung Woo is impressed because, in the dining room, they set up a 64-inches TV. It is ready for the video call. Mi Kyung sat at the head chair, Gwang Jae sat on her right side while Hye Yeon sat on her left. Jung Woo beside his girlfriend while Hye Yeon and Shin Bi sat on Gwang Jae's side. Song Yi asked their butler to serve the appetizer. While waiting for the appetizer, Young Jae is calling. Gwang Jae used the remote to answer it. Young Jae and Ava came into the screen.

"Hello everyone." Ava said who looks excited.

"Hello, Ava. How are the two of you?" Mi Kyung asked her daughter-in-law.

"We're okay, Mom." she answered then Ava noticed Jung Woo sitting beside Hye Yeon. "Oh! Hello, Jung Woo-ssi.".

"Hello, Ava. Hello, Young Jae." he said. Young Jae is smiling and just nods at him. "Did Hye Yeon gave you a hard time?" Young Jae asked jokingly.

"Young Jae-ah!" Hye Yeon whines. They all laughed at Hye Yeon. Even Shin Bi is giggling in her reaction. Hye Yeon pouts.

"She's behaving well, so I'm fine." Jung Woo said. Hye Yeon pushes him. Jung Woo looks at her while grinning. "Oppa." she said with a serious voice.

"Fine." Jung Woo said while patting her back. Hye Yeon huffed and crosses her arms. Jung Woo took her hand and hold on to it.

"Are you home now?" Gwang Jae asked his brother. Young Jae nodded. "Yes. We just finished unpacking yesterday. We're still waiting for our stuff from our old places."

Ava speaks. "We got a place in Rue Vineuse. It has plenty of bedrooms. If you want to visit us, you're welcome to stay with us."

"Oh, that's lovely. We'll plan it" said Song Yi. Gwang Jae smiles at his wife.

They continue to talk while the appetizer is being served. They all have a lovely meal. Later, Shin Bi decided to take Hye Yeon to her room to show her collection of Barbie Dolls. At that moment, Jung Woo is in the living area with Mi Kyung, Gwang Jae, and Song Yi.

"Thank you for inviting me, Mom" said Jung Woo. Mi Kyung smiles at him. "We're glad that you came. I want this moment, you know? Talking to Hye Yeon's boyfriend. I never had it before." she said.

Gwang Jae coughs. "I don't know if you know this, Jung Woo, but I just recently found out that Hye Yeon dated a law student during college."

Mi Kyung looked at her son "Really? A law student? When?"

"Sophomore year." Gwang Jae answered. Jung Woo chuckles. "Yeah, she mentioned that. The guy is now a popular prosecutor. She didn't mention his name but she said he's good looking." he shrugged.

"Aigoo... Are you jealous?" Song Yi teases him. Jung Woo smirks playfully. "No. It's all in the past now. What's important now is that she choose to be with me. And I'll do my best to make her happy and protect her from harm." Jung Woo stated.

Mi Kyung looks pleased. "I'm happy that you said that. Our Hye Yeon lost her parents a day before her 18th birthday. I remember the day when we found out what happened. Gwang Jae and Young Jae beg me to adopt Hye Yeon at that moment. They are so worried that she will be alone. I wish I could adopt her but she refused. She already 18 and she can decide what she wants. Young Jae asked her to stay with us but it took her a year to sell their home and live on the rooftop of our home. Gwang Jae gladly gave her his mini-home so she can have her personal space. She has a bright personality since I meet her but I know she misses her parents so much. She had us and we will always be her family, but having someone special in her life assures me that she will have someone in the future." she looked at Jung Woo. "I'm not saying that you marry Hye Yeon soon but I'm hoping that you're serious with her and even just a bit, you have a plan of marrying her someday."

Jung Woo smiles. "We're just in the first week of being a couple. But I assure you that Hye Yeon is very special to me. She gives me a sense of normalcy in this chaotic showbiz industry. I like her a lot and I love her dearly. I already told her that and I'm happy that regardless of who am I, she chooses to be with me and I will always be grateful for that. I'm also thankful to your family for taking care of her because I will benefit the things you taught her." he bowed to Mi Kyung.

Song Yo holds on to her husband arm. Gwang Jae looked at her and she smiled at him. Gwang Jae smiles back at her and looks at Jung Woo.

"Just a reminder. I will still kill you if y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter