Twenty One

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Yeon comes out from Mi Kyung's room after she gave her medicine. She went down to put the glass back to the kitchen when he heard Gwang Jae talking to someone. She put the glass away and went to the living area. when she got there, Young Jae is standing there, carrying a backpack and a suitcase on his side. His eyes are all teary.

"Calm yourself down. Don't show yourself weak in front of mom. It will stress her. She's sleeping by now. You rest and wake up early so you can see her." Gwang Jae said in a tense voice.

Young Jae nodded his head and wipe his tears away. Then someone caught his eyes. It was Hye Yeon standing a few feet away from them. On what Gwang Jae told him since Mi Kyung fainted, Hye Yeon is stressed about the situation. She's always late to sleep and early to wake up. He was thankful when she stayed with Jung Woo for three nights. Jung Woo said she fell asleep early with him but tends to wake up in the middle of the night, worrying about their Mom.

Gwang Jae nods his head towards Hye Yeon. Young Jae walks towards her and stops an arm away from her.

"Hi." he said.

Hye Yeon smiles weakly. "Hello, Oppa." Young Jae smiles back at her. "Are you okay? It seems like you lose some weights since the last time I saw you."

She laughs. "Maybe my diet plan really works.' He nodded. Suddenly, he hugs her. At that moment, Hye Yeon feels vulnerable.

"You did great, Hye Yeon-ah. Oppa is here now." Young Jae said to her. Hye Yeon suddenly burst into tears. She's holding up herself for so long that she wanted to cry but she can't. She needs to be strong. she's so scared of losing another parent. Young Jae patted her back to calm her down.

Gwang Jae is watching them in tears. He understands them. They practically grew up together. They once fell in love with each other but being a family is more important than anything to them.

The next day, Mi Kyung is happy to see Young Jae when she woke up. Her son has a huge smile on his face. He even teases her that Ava bought some makeup for her so she could get more beautiful. she's really thankful that her son is there for her.

Gwang Jae went back to work as Song Yi and Young Jae takes a turn to take care of her during the day and Hye Yeon and Gwang Jae take care of her by night. Ava calls her mother-in-law from time to time to check on her.

Hye Yeon has been checking some places that Jung Woo's agent recommended. Nothing appeals of her yet but her agent is very patient in looking for a rental apartment for her.

It's the weekend. They are having breakfast together. Shinbi finished fast so she went to her room to play. Mi Kyung is having less salt chicken soup because she can't take too spicy and heavy food.

"Gwang Jae-ah" Mi Kyung calls her son.

"Yes, Mom?"

She sighs. "I will sell the house and stay here with you." she said calmly. They are all glad that she will sell the house. "But in one condition."

They are all curious. "What is it, Mom?" Gwang Jae asks.

"I want a portion of it to be used to buy Hye Yeon a new home." she said sternly. Aside from Hye Yeon, they are expecting this from her. She loves Hye Yeon so much like her own daughter and she worries for her dearly.

"Mom, you don't have to do that. I'm looking now for my own place. I'm talking to someone now to find a place to rent in. Jung Woo is helping me." Hye Yeon defends. Mi Kyung smiles at her daughter. "Then use the money to buy your own place. The remainder of it plus the sales of the stuff I own and my money on the bank will be split for Gwang Jae and Young Jae."

"Mom, we don't need it." Young Jae said.

"I can't bring it to my grave. Just save the money for your children's future." she said nonchalantly. Gwang Jae and Young Jae feel bitter that their mother already accepted that she will be gone soon.

"Song Yi-ah?" Mi Kyung calls her daughter-in-law.

"Yes, Mom?" she answered.

"Call Atty. Go. Set a meeting with her as soon as possible. I want to settle this stuff before it's too late. If you have time, help Hye Yeon find a place. Make sure that it's a good place and safe. I don't want to face her parents in heaven knowing that I didn't do something for their daughter." she looks at Hye Yeon. "They would want this for you."

Hye Yeon sighs. She can't say no to her after she said that.

"Yes, Mom. I'll call her later to set an appointment." Song Yi said as she smiles at her mother-in-law.

"This soup doesn't please me. Why can't I have kimchi soup?" Mi Kyung asks her son.

"Mom, your stomach can't handle spicy food. You should follow a diet." Gwang Jae points out.

Mi Kyung sighs. "I would love some lemon tarts if I can't have kimchi soup." she frowns and took a spoonful of her soup.

"I'll buy some, Mom." Hye Yeon said happily. Mi Kyung smiles and nodded. "Sure, child. And I would love it if you also buy a strawberry cake so Shinbi and I can eat it together."

"I'll go with you." Young Jae tells Hye Yeon. She agrees.

"Yah! Buy me extra lemon tarts, okay?" Gwang Jae said. Song Yi slaps her husband's arm. "Yah! It's for Mom! You and your tart obsession!" she huffed and drink some water. Gwang Jae wraps his arms around her. "I'm more obsess with you." he said cutely to his wife.

"Ohhh! It's disgusting when he acts like that. Ohh!" Young Jae said while looking disgusted. Gwang Jae glares at him. Song Yi, Hye Yeon, and Mi Kyung laugh as they continue to eat.

---

"Have you found a place?" Young Jae asks as they walk on the street of Gangnam.

"I haven't yet. My agent's recommendations are near KEBN but I feel like I still want to stay in the Mapo-gu area." Hye Yeon said. Young Jae nods. "It's really hard to leave the place you grow up to." Young Jae said.

"Oppa, let's do our best to make Mom happy. When she laughs when you tease Gwang Jae Oppa, it was so precious. It's like I was brought back to the time where we're still in college and Mom will cook us dinner and wait for Gwang Jae Oppa to come home."

Young Jae sighs. "I know. I want her to be happy. Seeing her happy is a good memory to all of us. I just hope she lives longer than what Doctor said." he paused. "Ava and I are trying to have a baby."

Hye Yeon looks at Young Jae. "Really?"

He nods. "Yes. But our work stresses us a lot. The doctor said we need to calm down and avoid stress so we can have a baby. Our body is in good condition but stress is the factor why we still haven't had a baby now."

"Ava must be disappointed." she muttered.

"Both of us do. We want to have a child so Mom can see our child before she leaves." Young Jae looks gloomy. Hye Yeon holds on to his arm. "Young Jae-ah, it's Mom. Having you and Gwang Jae Oppa is more than enough for her." Young Jae smiles and nodded.

"By the way, when will Jung Woo come back to Korea?" he asks.

"This coming week, I think. He didn't tell me what date though." she frowns. Young Jae smiles. "You miss him?"

She nodded. "He has never been away for two weeks before. But I'm glad that his career is going well. I don't want his fans to think that I'm stopping him for being successful."

"I think it's the opposite. You inspire him a lot that he's doing well now. Fans should be thankful for you." he points out. Hye Yeon giggles. "I don't know. None of his fans has approached me and asks about him."

"Because Jung Woo asks them to let you two have privacy on your relationship. Yah! His fans even give a hard time on Dispatch because they posted a picture of you too while having a cozy dinner."

Hye Yeon sighs happily. "I hope he comes home soon. He's been acting cute during our video call, asking me to cook for him when he gets home." she laughs. Young Jae smiles. He's happy that despite the stress, Hye Yeon can still smile on the thoughts of Jung Woo. Then, he remembers something.

"By the way, Mom mentioned this Atty. Go. Is she the one married to Han Tae Sun?" he asked. Hye Yeon stops walking and looks at him. "Yes. Why?"

Young Jae grins playfully. Hye Yeon suddenly feels annoyed. "Oppa!"

"What? Hyung said he wants to meet me." Young Jae said calmly. "Isn't that great?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter