offering pt 18

My wish is Sowon

As Sowon reached the opposite outskirts of the village, she finally found the source of the smoke, a burning barn where some livestock were still inside of. Looking around from her perch on the roof nearby, she saw that some villagers were trying to put out the fire, but some were pretending that it didn't exist. Dropping down to the ground level, she scared a bunch of people away who scattered likepolar opposites of a magnet.

"Explain to me what happened."

Her cold tone and glowing eyes made the villagers panic some but someone eventually told her that this abrn eblonged to someone in the lower class and had been in a bind for money for a while since his animals weren't getting sold. Sowon tsked as the same story of monopolizing markets came to her again and again after many years of listening to these foolish humans keep fighting for uselessly huge amounts of money.

"That man's also in debt!"

She raised an eyebrow at a particularly bold man who didn't seem to be too afraid of her. Was he trying to get something out of outing the barn owner's financial status?

"And why does that matter to me?"

"Hiiee! I mean, if he burns in the fire, this land will become mine."

How bold, how stupidly bold. That was just a public declaration that he would rather the man inside trying to save his animals dead than to save him. This also meant that he was trying to get her to kill this man for him, but she was no hitman and obeyed no one, so her cold glare only strengthened. Some other villagers stepped away from stupid man, others stopped towing the water bucket line. Sowon tsked and grabbed a bucket of water, dumping it on herself to wet her clothes to prevent them from burning as easily and form catching on fire before walking into the fire. To be fair, even if the fire wouldn't bother her, if she walked out with no clothes on, that would be a sight to see.

"Hello? Are you okay in there?"

"Oh my god! Miss! You shouldn't be in here! I can't let a lady get hurt from a fire on my property!"

Sowon rolled her eyes and kicked a hole into the wall of the stable, easily dislodging enough planks for the skinny horses to run out of and the man to see who she was without the blinding color of the flames that the ground and walls near him.

"Aah!"

"Shut up and stay still."

Stopping a falling flaming beam easily with one hand, and grabbing the old man with the other, Sowon successfully extracted the civilian before dusting her hands off and jumping roofs back towards home. If the place burned down it didn't matter to her since it was isolated and wouldn't burn the whole city. The only reason why she saved the guy was because she could and because she was already out there and she had been seen by the cityfolk.

Dropping into the front yard, Sowon sighed and wrung out most of her clothes of the water that she had drenched herself in. It wasn't like she could catch a cold with wet clothes, but it was still unpleasant to have the wet clothes cling to you. When she was satisfyingly dry, as in dry enough to not track water all over the inside of her house, Sowon finally reentered her house and immediately went to check that Eunha was safe. It wasn't really necessary to go check on her, or to even need to report that she had returned since Sowon didn't smell or sense that any intruders came, but for some reason she felt that she should.

"Eunha? I'm back."

Sliding open the door to the inner most room, Sowon raised an eyebrow to see that it was empty. Then the closet door slid open and revealed Eunha who had been hiding in there.

"Why might you be hiding in there?"

Eunha stared for a second but decided to say nothing, but hwen she crawled out and closer to Sowon who had come closer to the single candle that light up the room, she saw that Sowon was kind of soaked.

"Why are you wet?"

"There was a fire down in the village and I walked inside the burning house, this was just to prevent the cloth from burning."

Eunha still looked at her curiously.

"You really don't catch colds?"

Sowon blinked for a second before actually smiling a little.

"That's the first thing that comes to mind? Not that I might be cold?"

Eunha blushed and looked away.

"I mean, your skin is colder...."

"I guess so."

Sowon breathed a soft sigh, realizing that their conversation was about as normal as one with anyone in the village. She was also kind of getting used to Eunha's intoxicating smell, or maybe that was just because of the incense that Sowon had secretly set out to try to counter Eunha's fragrance.

"Even if I don't catch colds, I still enjoy a good bath, unless you want to take a bath as well, I'll be going. I do recommend it though, it's good to be clean and healthy."

Eunha meekly watched as Sowon stood back up to full height from kneeling near Eunha and walked out of the room. Maybe she could next time.

=====================

hey author, why you update this so slow?

uh because have you seen wonha lately? they be serving enough food for a century hooo weee they're just so freaking cute together ahfjhdkljfhajsdhfkjhsdfkj