Offering pt 15

My wish is Sowon

Sowon heard a rustle but stayed still. Her vigil had proven useful, revealing their peeper and spy. Even if she had her suspicions, this encounter was now going to confirm everything that her nose couldn't distinguish. One, she couldn't use her nose at the moment because Eunha was in the room and she wasn't sure if she should just be smelling the sleeping girl without permission. Two, she didn't want to make a lot of noise. If Eunha woke up, she would get scared. Sowon wanted nothing more than to make sure that Eunha wasn't scared anymore.

Hearing the light footsteps nearing her house, stepping carefully on the grass rather than the stone embedded path up to her house, Sowon silently slipped out of the room and grabbed her dagger from a drawer in the hallway.

Jumping lightly and landing on the fence around her house, Sowon blended into the darkness as the intruder looked left and right, wearing a festival mask to cover their identity. If he took a step onto her wooden steps, she was going to sprint and snatch this guy off his feet and pin him against the tree next to the path. However, he did not walk up the steps. Seeing only one set of shoes at the entryway beyond the stairs, he seemed stunned but then started to walk around the outside of the house. Sowon followed behind him quietly.

Before this intruder could reach over the walkway and slide open a door, Sowon grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt and yanked him along with her as she vaulted over the fence and into the woods. Although she wanted to just get rid of this guy, killing was not her hobby nor fancy, silencing him would be enough.

"Why are you sneaking around my house?"

The man (?) choked on the air as Sowon had released his shirt, allowing air back into his lungs after getting it all forced out in one pull.

"Monster! Let me go!"

Sowon looked at him and raised an eyebrow, her hands were empty and he was just crumpled on the floor, from his voice, she confirmed his identity.

"Let me ask you again. Why are you sneaking around my house?"

"You're the one whose taking their sweet time finishing off my sister!"

So he thinks that Sowon has Eunha slowly bleeding out as she snacks on her or something? How crude.

"Stop vandalizing my property with your stupid messages and nails."

"You didn't even deny it! Monster!"

Sowon sighed and stepped back.

"Have I hurt you yet? Ouch did that scare you? I'm literally defending my home and haven't even drawn your blood. Would you rather I did?"

The shine of her knife in the moonlight paralyzed him,

"Just end her life already!"

Sowon frowned. Did he not like Eunha? Wasn't he here because he wanted her back? He wanted Eunha dead? Then, that would mean that he wanted to be the one to kill Eunha? Her fist clenched and you could see her inhuman strength reverberating through the thin blade of her dagger, causing it to shake just faintly.

"You want her dead and not back at your home?"

"What use is she there or here? She was born from a witch and all she does by living is bring me bad luck!"

"I see."

As the person who had to have cared for this boy since he was born to the day he stopped wetting his bed, Eunha was supposed to be his mother figure. Somehow, their twisted family had changed all that and now Eunha was the person who must have been accused of raising him up "wrong" and then he would be scolded and he just decided that Eunha was the one who had taught him wrong in the first place and placed the blame on her instead of his own mistakes.

Likely, the parents who didn't want to give up on their only male heir, would take his word for it and blame Eunha as well. But what was this about her mother being a witch?

Sowon grabbed the boy by his shirt once again.

"You come back here one more time, and I'll have you served back on your front step in pieces."

Throwing him a safe distance into the air and over sideways, Sowon launched him into the nearest hay storage in the village before returning to Eunha's room to stay guard once more.

How ironic, a bunch of monsters calling her one.

============

I wanted to write more, but the more free time I have, the more my mom wants me to entertain her :)