wife pt 11

My wish is Sowon

Eunha's steak dinner had been the best Sowon had ever eaten in a very long while, her stomach was warm and full as Eunha bustled around, placing their dirty dishes in the sink and rolling her sleeves to get started on cleaning them. Sowon just watched Eunha, feeling a sort of contentness in the way her "wife" moved around in the house. It felt complete. Of course, Sowon had always preferred to get a wife over a husband, they tended to be cleaner, so watching Eunha being her wife was like a dream.

She sometimes felt like it was a dream, like when she woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Sowon had gone and came back to her bed, slight goose bumps raised on her forearms from the night chill and her eyes almost completely shut already as she laid down. With just a bit of moon light peeking through her curtains, Sowon had caught a glimpse of Eunha's peaceful sleeping face. After a while of getting used to finding Eunha up close to her back and sometimes holding the back of her shirt, Sowon had gotten use to having to be careful when leaving the bed. She had stared a great deal that night, her sleepiness had been cleared somewhat, her tiredness nonexistent as she admired Eunha's petite face, her cute little nose, the way her eyebrows scrunched when Sowon tapped her on the nose a little.

In dramas, it was often seen that female leads would touch eyebrows or eyelashes or something, Sowon never understood the appeal of it, but that night, something had overcome her and she had the urge to touch those parts. Maybe it was curiousity, maybe she just blamed curiosity and left it at that. Blinking as Eunha turned the faucet off and dried her hands on the kitchel towel, Sowon didn't realize that her face had relaxed from it's contemplating expression to just a small little smile.

Eunha returned the smile, though a little concerned and confused.

"Hm? Unnie did you need something?"

Sowon shook her head but opened her arms.

"I might be feeling a little lonely."

Eunha stepped into Sowon's reach, letting the taller hug her around the waist.

"I guess you would be, Yerin unnie is away isn't she?"

"Yeah, not for another few days."

"Unnie has me, does she not?"

Sowon looked up at Eunha carefully, was Eunha saying what Sowon thought she was? Giggling a little, Sowon closed her eyes and rubbed her cheek to the fabric of Eunha's shirt.

"That's true."

The room was quiet except for the soft ticking of the clock by the tv and the infrequent winds that caused noises in the hollows of the apartment building when it got too strong. Eunha was nervous and had been regulating her breathing, light breaths to not jostle the comfortable woman who was nuzzling against her stomach. This did backfire as she was getting shorter breaths and she began to hear her own heartbeat.

"Eunha yah."

"Mm?"

Sowon sat back, releasing Eunha. She looked up at Eunha, taking her hands in her own.

"Are you in trouble?"

It had been nagging Sowon since Eunha had wanted to get a part time job. What purpose did Eunha need more money for? Surely Eunha was using the card Sowon had given her to get groceries with, in fact, Sowon hadn't even been checking the transaction history after the first week.

"What makes you think that?"

Eunha took a deep breath, readying her heart for anything.

"What drives you to need more money? The way you act, it's not that you love money."

They both knew the meaning behind loving money, the weight of the words were enough to realize that it wasn't obsession with becoming rich. Eunha's eyes dropped to their hands, unable to meet Sowon's. How could she tell her? They weren't really married, they weren't....even in a real relationship. Biting her lip, Eunha really worried what to say until a soft rub of Sowon's thumb on the back of her hands brought her eyes back up.

"Hey, I care more for you than you're thinking right now."

But how much was more? Eunha couldn't ask, her words caught in as she opened and closed . When words finally left , they were a little broken.

"Un-unnie."

Sowon gave a reassuring smile.

"Look at me. When you look at our situation, do you think anyone in the world would be doing what we are?"

Eunha shook her head. They were contracted lovers, not even a hetero pair that you could see in dramas at times for the sake of shutting up parents. Sowon had never mentioned her parents, Eunha never had to bring hers up. The sum was also, a rather ridiculous amount that Yerin had set up.

"Yerin probably wanted to set me up with someone, having been like the way I was for so long. You were lucky enough to have met her and she offered you an incentive."

This caused some concern to Eunha, her eyebrows drawing together, was Sowon saying that it was by luck, that she would have done this with any girl that Yerin had managed to find her?

"I know that look, now after watching you for over a month. You're wrong, if I didn't have an inkling of interest in you, I would have thrown you out, money or not."

Sowon looked around them, at her still rather empty styled apartment.

"You really helped me, you know? I thought that this was enough, a good job, a home, and enough money to live."

Sowon stood up, reaching up to hold Eunha's cheek.

"If this is uncomfortable for you, you can step back okay?"

Eunha nodded a little, her eyes never leaving Sowon's. Sowon drew closer, Eunha stayed. Sowon's other hand s around her waist, Eunha stayed. Up until Sowon was too close to maintain eye contact, Eunha didn't close her eyes. When she did, the soft touch against her lips caused dher to relax into Sowon's hold, her own hands finally moving to hold Sowon's waist.

When they broke apart, Eunha looked up at Sowon once more, silently feeling each other out. There was a slight tremble and Eunha noticed that Sowon's hands were a little shaky. Was she nervous? Holding Sowon's hand against her cheek, Eunha kissed her hand softly, not breaking their eye contact.

Eunha watched as Sowon's eyes wandered down a little before looking back up, she closed her eyes in response. Without seeing, she knew Sowon was coming close again. With a sudden movement, Eunha had hooked her arms around Sowon's neck, pulling her the rest of the way into the kiss. It was amazing how they knew where each other were without looking.

============

:D