a cold exterior pt 9

My wish is Sowon

Sowon breathed a deep sigh as she looked up at the sky. This day, she had already seen Eunha at break, that should have been enough for her. At least, that's what she had told herself. Unfortunately for her though, there was a weird pulling on her heart, a weird desire inside her that she couldn't quite figure what she wanted from the younger girl.

"It's almost as if I miss her."

Jumping at the sound of crunching footsteps, Sowon quickly closed her eyes to pretend she was napping, only to have a finger poke her cheek.

"Sojung unnie."

Peeking open her eyes one by one, Sowon tried to hold back a smile, keeping it neutral as Eunha held out an envelope.

"What is it?"

She took the envelope tentatively, she looked at it up against the sun, noting the sheet of paper inside.

"It's your test score."

"Already? Well he's a diligent man."

Sliding her finger under the tab to loosen it, Sowon pulled out her test score, first seeing her class ranking. She raised her eyebrows as it revealed a rather high position, but next to it sat her score. One letter, no plus or minus next to it. C.

"I...passed?"

Eunha quickly peeked over the top of the paper, a grin spreading on her cute cheeks as she jumped up and down a little.

"Oh my god! Unnie you're a genius!"

Sowon smiled wryly, watching as Eunha had a mini celebration, her elation was rather contagious, as she found herself genuinely happy and excited as well. Watching Eunha seemed to make her feel warm inside, as if she had accomplished something super important. It couldn't be, that making Eunha happy, became a goal for herself? Her smile dropped as she thought about it deeply. But if her goal in life was to make Eunha smile, that would mean-

Sowon blushed, hard. There was no way she was looking at Eunha romantically, that short kid? That jumping up and down little bunny? Her? The super cute and adorable hoobae that came to bother her during her self imposed exile? As a romantic interest? She covered her face with her hands, releasing a quiet groan.

"What's wrong Sojung unnie?"

Eunha stopped moving around, coming to Sowon's side, but keeping her distance. She seemed to know when her company was becoming imposing.

"It's nothing."

"You just let out a groan like it's the end of the world, did you not want to pass?"

"No, not that. I was just...thinking about some other stuff."

"Oh."

And back to her cold disposition. Sowon really didn't know how to deal with Eunha, more like she didn't know how to deal with her emotions. She liked Eunha a lot, she was cute, diligent, and didn't give up on Sowon when she had given up on herself. But Eunha didn't deserve a delinquent who skipped classes nearly everyday, only skating by her senior graduation by being forced to study and take exams. She grabbed a tight hold over her emotions, nothing good would come for Eunha to keep wasting her time on Sowon.

"You don't need to come see me anymore."

"But you just said to come see you whenever I had the time the other day."

Sowon cursed at herself internally, biting her tongue a little. Why did she have to go and say that?

"Well, you should stay away from me. That's my wish in the end."

Eunha was genuinely confused. Sowon had been brighter than usual, she was excited about passing as well, but suddenly, she was trying to push Eunha away.

"I already told you, you can't use your wish for that."

"Then, visit me less."

"I can't."

"You can."

"I can't."

"Why?" Sowon was getting frustrated. "Why can't you?!"

Eunha bit her lip.

"Because I care for you."

============

whoops