capítulo treinta y cinco

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah!! Hyung!!!”

Upon arriving at the villa, the older boys dunked Sehun into the pool at the backyard, where they can enjoy a vast, beautiful, and picturesque scenery that took Areum’s breath away as it was her first time here, while the rest has been for a few times. The high sunlit clouds drifted across the clear blue sky, sending occasional wind to Mother Earth that got the palm trees swaying to the gentle breeze in this warm tropical sunshine. The sun rays glint brightly in the clear pool water just when Sehun decided to make his way out of the pool, with his drenched white top sticking to his toned body, defining the muscle hidden underneath his shirt and causing Areum to salivate as her eyes feast on him, unknowingly; she had long forgotten about the landscape. Sehun started chasing after the guys who were running for their lives as they didn’t want to become the next victim.

“Isn’t the scenery beautiful? I love basking in the warm sun,” Sulli approached Areum and Areum can’t help to admire her friend, who was wearing a long baby blue sundress that she can never pull off and Sulli looked as pretty as usual.

“Shall we go check out the rooms? The boys are boring!”

Areum nodded and Sulli quickly gave her a tour around the villa, that got Areum’s eyes bulging and jaw dropping to her feet. It was majestic and she felt like she was in another tropical country. She wondered how rich the Oh’s family is to be able to own the land and build their own villa and amenities for leisure purposes. Each room comes with a spectacular view of the sea and sun-lit sky the blend perfectly into eah other.

“It’s your first time here so in case you lost your way, there is a map attached to the door.”

The girl was awestruck by the place. If they were to turn this villa into a proper place of accommodation for tourists, they are going to earn millions.

“Wow! The scenery!” Areum ran to the balcony and let the warm sunlight kiss her rosy cheeks.

“I know right, I was mind-blown when I came here for the first time, as Chanyeol’s girlfriend,” Sulli said, taking in the scenery right before her brown orbs, “The Oh’s are so rich that it’s beyond your imagination.”

“What about Yixing?”

Sulli raised her brows, “Why mention Yixing out of the blue?”

“Is his wealth comparable to Sehun’s family?”

“Yeah, it’s comparable, but Yixing’s family is based in China so it’s a different story.”

Areum nodded, no wonder he could easily invest in her new book.

Sulli took a seat next to Areum on the white fluffy bed, with a cheeky grin, “So you and Yixing huh??”

“We are just friends!” Aeum clarified immediately.

“Really? The way he looks at you tells me that you guys are more than friends. Yixing has something for you, right?”

Everything was complicated and Areum didn’t know where she should start explaining. As soon as she explained the long story to Sulli, the girl was visibly upset.

“What the heck? Sehun said it’s none of his business if you were to date Yixing? And he had with Joohyun eonni on your wedding night? Gosh! Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?” Sulli was mad that her friend had suffered so much from the marriage yet Areum didn’t tell her anything. Her animosity towards Sehun had subsided but now, it has made its way back because that guy doesn’t deserve a precious girl like Areum at all.

“You know what, Sehun is a douche. Get a divorce and get together with Yixing! He has done so much for you! He even invested in your book? Does your husband even know that you write and you are going to publish your very first book soon?”

Areum shook her head and Sulli gave her a exactly what I am saying look.

“I don’t know. Yixing is nice, kind, caring, and everything that a girl could wish for. But…it’s complicated.”

Sulli sighed, “If you love Yixing, you should go for it! Who cares about Oh Sehun? So what if you guys are married? He has never done anything that is of husband’s duties and responsibilities.”

Areum didn’t say anything further because her heart and mind are in a mess. It’s not right to date someone else when she is married to another guy and, does her heart really belong to Yixing? She is confused and she doesn’t want to think about it right then.

“Let’s talk about something else!” Areum changed the subject quickly, hoping that her friend would stop probing into her complicated love life, “How’s work? And how’s you and Chanyeol?”

“Work is great, and I have moved in to Chanyeol’s apartment.”

Areum gasped, hands cupping over , “Am I hearing wedding bells soon?”

“No Areum!” Sulli cackled with a frown etched on her face as she shook her head at that ridiculous assumption, “Chanyeol never mention about anything, so I guess it’s not happening anytime soon?”

“You want him to propose soon, don’t you?” Areum teased.

“Well, the moment I moved in to his apartment, I am taking a huge stride and our relationship to another level. He is the one for me, so I wouldn’t say no if he proposed.”

Areum squealed like a fangirl in excitement, as if Chanyeol had already proposed and the wedding is going to take place where in reality, the couple hasn’t talked about marriage at all.

“Okay enough Areum, let’s get back down. We have been missing for quite some time.”

 

The girls decided to join the big group again, where the boys excluding Sehun were playing water polo and Soojung was sun-tanning in her black bikini. The moment Sulli came into Chanyeol’s sight, he waved animatedly to his girlfriend with a kissy face, earning disapproving groans from Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Kyungsoo threw the ball and it hit Chanyeol’s face directly, shocking both Chanyeol, who was fuming, and Sulli, who winced as if she felt the impact and the pain was inflicted on her.

“What the heck!” Chanyeol growled as he splashed water at the crazy boys who were laughing like mad.

“That’s the consequences for getting distracted!” Kai stuck his tongue out at the older guy, and he quickly dodged from the ball that Chanyeol launched with full force.

Areum realised that all of them have really nice body, maybe with the exception of Kyungsoo. Her eyes landed on Yixing, who was next to Baekhyun in the pool, and Yixing caught her stealing glances at him so she winked at her, causing her to blush madly. Yixing was such a huge distraction that she didn’t realise Sehun and Joohyun were missing until Jongin mentioned Sehun’s name.

“Seems like Sehun’s wife is ogling at other guy...” Jongin joked but knowing that Sulli would be defensive all over again, Chanyeol decided to jump onto Jongin’s body and pushed him under the pool for spouting nonsense.

At the mention of Sehun’s name, Areum felt a tint of sadness creeping in. It’s no doubt that Sehun would want to spend his birthday with the girl he loves but she can’t help feel to feel dispirited, although she tried to show a nonchalant look and that she was cool about it. She wondered if Junmyeon purposely skipped the trip last minute, with the excuse of urgent work cropping up, so that Sehun can spend time with Joohyun. Areum had noticed that Joohyun was especially clingy to Junmyeon and it seems like they have known each other before the arranged marriage took place, and it was affecting Sehun’s mood and emotions because Joohyun was drifting away from Sehun. There seems to be more than meet the eye behind their complicated relationship.

“So Areum,” Baekhyun swept his wet hair aside, “Yixing hyung or Sehun?” He asked in a teasing tone.

Areum was brought back to reality by Baekhyun’s question, and everyone had their stopped whatever they were doing and paid full attention, with anticipation, to Areum’s answer. Even Soojung, who was taking a nap while sun-tanning, sat up immediately and gave Areum a questioning look, waiting for her answer.

“Hmm…Yixing…?” Areum assumed that since Sehun wasn’t present, she shouldn’t hurt Yixing’s heart on the spot and it would be awkward if she chose Sehun because the boys would just make fun of Yixing. Little did she know that when she was contemplating her answer, Sehun and Joohyun came back from their stroll, with hands interlocked, and Sehun heard Areum’s choice.

“I see huh.”

Areum could feel her spine froze and her breath hitched when she heard Sehun’s voice behind her. Luck is never on her side and this has once proven that statement again. She turned around and was met with a displeased Sehun, with his petite girlfriend next to him. Their entwined hands caught Areum’s and Sulli’s attention.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter