capítulo cuarenta y ocho

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon continues to wait around hospital for Joohyun because she is the reason why he came to Cambodia. He had wasted a lot of time in the past and now, all he wants is for her to return to Korea with him. When Joohyun’s shift, she was surprised to see Junmyeon at the lobby, with his eyes closed and his head leaning against the wall behind him. She thought he has already left because it’s already past midnight. Quietly, Joohyun approached Junmyeon and sat next to him as she admired his sleeping look. To say that she didn’t miss this man at all, it would be a lie. She thinks about him almost every single day ever since she came to Cambodia, but she has no reason to see him, their engagement is cancelled and that’s basically the end of their one-sided relationship.

“Junmyeon,” Joohyun called gently as she tapped him on his shoulder, waking him up from his slumber. Junmyeon opened his eyes blearily and looked at the surrounding to realise he had fallen asleep in the hospital while waiting for Joohyun.

“Are you going home?” Junmyeon asked, giving his stiff body a stretch.

“Yes, I am, and you should back to your hotel or something.”

Junmyeon smiled sheepishly, “I didn’t manage to book a place for accommodation as I rushed to Cambodia the moment I got news about you.”

That made Joohyun feel worse. She didn’t think she deserve his love and care, she was that evil fake that made use of everyone and she doesn’t deserve someone as kind-hearted and caring like Junmyeon.

“Can I stay over at your place tonight?”

Joohyun had seen that coming. As much as she wanted to say yes, she is afraid that something will happen between them while staying under one roof. She is trying her best to push Junmyeon away and sharing a common space with him is not going to help. But where is he going to find a place to stay at this hour?

“I…”

“I won’t do anything to you if you are worried.”

In the end, Joohyun gave in and led him back to her apartment, which is just around a 5-minute walk away from the hospital. The apartment is kinda small, but it’s sufficient for one person living alone.

“Hope you won’t mind my place. It’s a little small, compared to your majestic mansion.”

Junmyeon doesn’t mind at all, her place feels homely. And no matter where it is, as long as Joohyun is with him, he doesn’t mind any. After looking around the place, Junmyeon settled himself on the couch as Joohyun came out of her room with a set of t-shirt and sweat pants.

As Junmyeon received the new set of clothes, he eyed her with her questioning look, “Why do you have men’s clothes in your house?” He asked in such an accusing manner and Joohyun could hear jealousy flowing in his voice.

“Seriously, Junmyeon?” Joohyun released half-suppressed laughter and put her hands on her hips. She was about to open to speak when Junmyeon cut her off.

“Are you seeing someone? Is that why you didn’t accept my proposal?” Junmyeon sounded really dejected at that moment, knowing that he has lost his chance.

Joohyun sighed inwardly, “Firstly, I don’t think what you did at the hospital was a proposal? Who in the right mind would propose in the hospital? How unromantic,” She mumbled the last part, “And, owning men’s clothes doesn’t mean I am attached,” She plopped herself next to Junmyeon as she was tired from working for an 18-hour shift.

“Then?”

“It’s for myself. Men’s clothes are comfortable! Why? Are you doubting me?” Joohyun could feel her eyelids closing anytime and she can’t be bothered with Junmyeon’s suspicions. If she were attached, she would never let Junmyeon, who is her ex-fiance, to sleep over at her apartment. All she wants right now is to crash and sleep her off day away.

“I don’t have an extra bed so I am sorry you need to take the couch. Help yourself with whatever you need, I am going to bathe and sleep,” Joohyun said before she dragged herself up from her couch and walked to her room.

Just when she stood up, she felt a strong pair of arms wrapped around her petite body from behind. Joohyun’s heart skipped a beat, knowing that Junmyeon was right behind her, with his chest glued to her.

“Junmyeon…”

“I am sorry Joohyun, I didn’t mean to doubt you. I am scared to lose you, I hate the idea of you together with another guy,” Junmyeon whispered dangerously next to her ears, and she could feel the vibration of his deep voice emitting from his chest, “I really love you, why can’t you give me another chance?”

Joohyun sighed as she pulled herself away from the crestfallen-looking guy, “Junmyeon, I am not the girl for you-”

“That’s not up to you, that’s up to me,” Junmyeon stated, eyes piercing straight into her soul, sending chills down her spine, “If I say you are the perfect girl for me, then you are. I don’t care what you did in the past, I believe you have changed and you were never evil by nature. Everyone makes mistake, so I hope that you can be less harsh on yourself and put the past behind.”

“Junmyeon, you are perfect, unlike me. You don’t make mistake, but I did, many.”

Junmyeon shook his head, “I made mistakes too. My biggest mistake was to let you go over and over again. I am not going to be stupid this time to let you slip out of my hands.”

When Joohyun heard his answer, she felt like she just melted like ice cream. Ever since she developed a crush on Junmyeon, she had always wanted to hear sweet and loving words from Junmyeon. Now that he is doing it, what reason does she have to reject him? Can she really be together with him? What would his parents say about their relationship? What would Sehun say too?

“I know you have many concerns and worries, but can you trust me? Have faith that our relationship will work and we are meant for each other because even till death do us apart, I am not letting go of your hands,” Junmyeon lifted her hand and planted a kiss on the back of her palm.

Joohyun couldn’t help but control her tears from falling, and Junmyeon reached for her face and wiped the tears.

“Come on, haven’t you been waiting for me to reciprocate your feelings?” Junmyeon teased, “Now that I have confessed, are you going to ditch me and give up?”

The corner of his lips got lifted when Joohyun tip-toed and kissed him on the lips. True love doesn’t come easily; if Junmyeon said to put trust in him, then she will. Junmyeon cupped her cheeks and lifted her off the ground, wrapping her legs around his body to ensure that she doesn’t fall from his grip as he carried her to her bedroom. When they reached the edge of the bed, Junmyeon laid Joohyun down carefully, like a fine porcelain doll, as he hovered over her. They broke the kiss, with their foreheads leaning against each o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter