capítulo cuarenta y cinco

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nancy's words kept ringing next to Areum's ears for the next few days. She hated herself for listening to a stranger's words instead of clarifying with Sehun, at the same time, she was afraid to confront Sehun and seek the truth from him. If what Nancy said was true, it would strain their relationship and Areum doesn't want that to happen because they have come a long way and she doesn't plan to let go of Sehun. She needs him and she can't help to not harbour any selfish thoughts. 

"What do you think of this?" Sehun took a baby pink shirt from the rack and showed it to Areum, "Isn't it cute??"

Areum nodded. Sometimes it's hard to believe Nancy's words because Sehun seems really excited for the arrival of the baby twins and he enjoys shopping for babies stuff, it doesn't seem like Sehun was faking the happiness and excitement.

"Ow," Areum frowned and crouched a little when she felt a slight pain at her abdomen.

Sehun turned around in alarm, "What's wrong? Are you okay?? Are you going to give birth?? Holy !!" 

"Hey hey relax," Areum chuckled at the flustered Sehun, "I am still three months away from my due date. Pumpkins kicked me."

Sehun heaved a sigh of relief hearing that. He would be so lost if Areum were to give birth right then because they weren't prepared for the labour yet. Smiling, Sehun placed his palm on Areum's protruding stomach to feel the kick.

"Wow!" Sehun exclaimed, "I felt the kick!!" Sehun's exhilarated voice earned a few curious looks from the other shoppers at the department store. He then bent his body towards Areum's stomach and listened for the babies, "I can't wait to meet my princesses!"

Judging from Sehun's reaction, Areum told herself not to let Nancy's words get into her anymore. That girl is an evil snake who is trying to come in between the two of them and she shouldn't be affected because she is the one that is married to Sehun and carrying his children, not Nancy. 

 

When Sehun and Areum got back home, Areum's smile turned into a displeased expression when she saw Nancy running towards Sehun as she threw her arms over him, ignoring Areum's existence completely.

"Sehun oppa!!" Nancy then hooked her arms around Sehun, "Where have you been? I got so bored waiting for you!" She whined, like an annoying spoilt brat. Her voice was so high-pitched that it was getting onto Areum's nerves and she wondered what Sehun thinks of her behaviour. 

"What are you doing here anyway?" Sehun was irritated and feeling uncomfortable with her body clinging onto him, yet he couldn't be rude to one of his huge investors so he tried to control his facial expression. Furthermore, if he were to treat her badly, his parents would give him a lecture on his hostility towards the girl, because he knows how much his parents adore the kids of the Zhang's, specifically Zhang Yixing and Nancy. He hates it when his parents invite them over to their place.

Nancy finally diverted her attention to Areum, with a subtle loop-sided grin but an innocent pair of puppy eyes, "This must be your wife oppa."

Areum was disgusted with her hypocritical behaviour. Nancy had terrorise her in the washroom yet she was pretending to not know Areum. She officially hates this two-faced . She acts like an innocent kitten in front of everyone while she is an evil witch behind her facade. Areum was glad to have seen her true colours because she would be able to put her guard against her and keep a lookout for her cunning tricks. 

"Yeah, she is-"

"Nice to meet you, I am Nancy!" 

Nancy was so good at playing the role of an angel that Areum would have bought her deceiving look if this was their first interaction. She deserved an Oscar award. Areum accepted the handshake and played along to Nancy's game. 

"I am Areum."

"Eonni," Areum cringed at her baby voice, "Can I borrow Sehun oppa for a while?"

Areum didn't want to let Sehun go to that evil woman but she couldn't say no and reject the girl rudely, hence, she nodded her head unwillingly.

"Thanks eonni!"

It didn't take long for Nancy to drag a reluctant Sehun to wherever she wants to bring him to. Sighing in despair, Areum made her way back to the apartment as she tried to calm her mood down from getting affected by Nancy because it's not going to do any good to pumpkins and her health. 

 

The yolk-coloured sun was setting and the clear blue sky had turned into shades of orange when Areum woke up. She wasn't sure how she ended up sleeping in Sehun's room and she had no idea how long her afternoon nap was. Guess the pregnancy was taking a toll on her body as Areum feels sleepy and tired easily. Areum pushed the blanket aside and got down the bed to look for Sehun. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter