capítulo catorce

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The long awaited fundraising event has finally commenced. Students and members of the public started to stream in the hustle and bustle school field and every booth is so happening, especially the Business school. The fact that most of the handsome guys are from Business school gave them a huge advantage because a lot of girls have flocked over, hoping to catch a glimpse of the famous five of Korea University. The business school has came up with a concept similar to rent-a-korean-oppa and it was smart move because the girls are very willing to pour their money into the service. Sulli was a little upset when she heard about their idea because she didn't want any girl to touch her boyfriend but Chanyeol had managed to convince her that is purely a business transaction between two parties and he will never cheat on her. Unlike Sulli, Joohyun wasn't that worried about Sehun because his cold demeanour intimidates the girls and he is far from a oppa material when he is around strangers, hence, he volunteered to be the receptionist. Of course, there were some brave girls who tried to approach Sehun but he merely gave them a nod of acknowledgement and smiled and the girls gave up eventually. Baekhyun is the happiest because, "no girls for Sehun means more girls for me" quoted from him. 

It's almost impossible to beat the Business school because they have never lost once and they just come up with better and cooler ideas each year, causing other schools to sigh in defeat. The only schools could compete against the Business school are School of Communications and the Engineering. Areum has never met the popular kids from Engineering before, it was her first time seeing Taeyong, Mark, and Jaehyun and she got to say that their visuals are not any way far from Sehun, and their charms can easily enthrall any girl. This got her wonders how many more good looking people study in the same university as her. 

"Seems like Kim Areum is very prepared for this year's fundraising event."

Areum lifted her head and her face fell when Soojung and Seulgi stood in front of her, belittling her with sarcastic remarks and their usual evil grins. 

"Are you guys keen in adopting a pet?" Areum asked, trying to be courteous to the mean girls.

Soojung folded her arms and scoffed, "Are you one of those that I can adopt?"

Seulgi cackled maliciously when she heard her friend referring Areum to the animals up for adoption. 

"If you are, then I would be glad to," Soojung added.

Areum opened to retort but someone beat her into it.

"Seriously Soojung, go back to your booth and stop finding troubles with Areum."

Soojung's face turned sour and Areum was surprised that her classmates, Haechan and Doyoung, had came to stand up for her. She was touched by their kind gestures.

"I can't believe you guys are on her side now, what has gotten into you guys?" Soojung spat, with her ams folded tightly in front of her chest. 

"Areum didn't do anything to provoke you. You came to disturb her first."

Soojung's eyes widened in disbelief and her nostrils flared at Doyoung's words. Never in her life has any guy got the guts to defy her because most of the guys worship her, neither does anyone has the guts to express a different view from her because she is Jung Soojung. It pisses her more that her own friends are going against her. 

"Seulgi, let's go."

Before Soojung walked away, she made sure to send daggers at Areum. 

"Thanks for helping me..."

Areum turned to Haechan and Doyoung to express her gratitude, while they smiled and told her it's nothing in return. Areum was glad that someone, aside Sulli, is beginning to treat her as a human and not just a dirt. Although initially Haechan and Doyoung were part of the people who made fun of her, they have began to see the kindness in Areum, and they grew to accept her. Not only them, Areum was also grateful for the chairman of the class, Johnny, and Jisoo, who have looked beyond looks and accepted her for her character. 

"Areum."

Areum quickly stood up and bowed to grandpa, who was there as the in-charge of the animal shelter. Grandpa chuckled, and told her to relax.

"Stop treating me like an old man. I may look old but I am young at heart," He pulled his bowtie, causing Areum to laugh and shake her head at the old man's antics, "How is the adoption going?"

"Oh, the response was good. Many people who came for drinks and food ended up adopting the animals!"

Watching the interaction between the animals and the customers made Areum really happy, everyone was just as fond of animals as her and she couldn't be more than delighted when the animals finally found a home. It meant so much to Areum and grandpa. 

"Thank you so much for your help Areum. Your event is so much more meaningful than my dumb grandson's idea," Grandpa snorted as he watched the guys, whom he managed to recognise as Sehun's friends, feeding the girls ice cream. He shook his head. 

"It's nothing grandpa, I want to do my part for these furry and cute animals that deserve so much more!"

Just then, Areum felt something furry rubbing against her calves. She bent down and ruffled Tamago's fur. Tamago is the only dog that is not up for adoption because he is Sehun's favourite.

"Tamagoooo," Areum squealed, while she fed him with a biscuit. It sounds weird but Areum could feel the connection with Tamago and she knew that Tamago was happy to see her, although he wasn't jumping around in excitement like other small dogs. 

Suddenly, Tamago barked and ran away from Areum and grandpa, alarming the both of them. Hurriedly, Areum ran after Tamago but the golden retriever was too fast in speed and she is not exactly physically fit to be able to catch up with his speed. Areum looked around frantically and when she finally spotted Tamago in front of stall that sells hot dogs, she felt relieved.

"Tamago, you want a hot dog, don't you?" Areum asked, as she noticed the dog had its eyes glued at the hot dogs spinning in the machine. 

Areum wanted to pay for the hot dog but she realised she didn't have cash with her. She sighed inwardly, "Hey buddy, I will get it for you later alright? Let's head back to the booth first, shall we?"

"One hot dog, thanks."

Areum raised her head at the familiar deep voice. She was surprised to see Sehun fishing out a note from his pocket as he paid for the hot dog. The event was too crowded and no one was paying attention to their surrounding, which probably explains why Sehun didn't ask her to go away because he didn't want to be seen with her. Sehun bent down and fed Tamago with the pipping hot sausage he bought. 

"Tamago is a greedy dog, he loves food," Sehun commented, surprising Areum again that the icy cold guy was initiating a conversation with her, "Maybe you can relate. Judging from your size, you must be a food lover too," He smirked.

Areum lowered her head in embarrassment and her eyes landed on the rolls on her tummy. Again, the insecurities in her made her feel lousy and a perfect and flawless human like Oh Sehun will never be able to understand.

"How's the adoption going?"

Areum raised her brows at another question thrown at her. Sehun's eyes were on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter