capítulo quince

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum rarely feels like her entire world is collapsing. The last time she cried so badly was when she got the news of her father's sudden death. No matter how mean the people in school are, the stream of liquid running down her face would stop after a while. No amount of bullying and nasty remarks can compare to the humiliation from just now. Areum basically had to kiss someone that she doesn't know in the public because of the pressure from everyone. To the popular kids, basketball boys and the cheerleaders, it may seem stupid to them that Areum is crying over a peck because they are used to such intimate acts. But to Areum, it was her first kiss - a precious kiss that she reserved for someone that she loves and loves her back. Areum didn't know how long she had been hiding and crying in the janitor's room but she was glad that no one came to interrupt her. Her phone has been vibrating for the past few hours but she didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment, so she rejected all the calls from Sulli and Jisoo. 

"Aren't you guys too much?"

Areum held her breath and minimised her sobbing sound when she heard a familiar voice outside of the janitor's room.

"Sulli, aren't you behaving a little extreme over that small thing?" 

Areum gulped hearing Baekhyun's voice, who didn't sound remorse at all. She covered her palm over in case she gave herself away that she was eavesdropping their conversation.

"Baekhyun," Sulli called out furiously, "You obviously don't understand how it's like to be the outcast of the school. When the whole school gangs up on you, talks about you, do you even know hurtful that is? You don't know because you are part of those that inflict pain on people."

"What's your problem Choi Sulli? Why are you targeting me alone?"

Baekhyun retorted and Areum heard Chanyeol rushing to calm each other down because he was stuck in between his friend and his girlfriend.

"I wasn't targeting you. My words were meant for all of you, especially you, Oh Sehun. You are Areum's fiancé​​​​ but you behave nothing like one. How can you guys get everyone to vote for two innocent parties and make them kiss just to humiliate Areum?"

"Sulli, you are one of us, but I feel like you treasure Areum more than us now. Areum isn't your only friend."

This time, a gentle voice joined in the conversation and Areum figured that person is her cousin.

"That's because I can't agree with the way you guys treat someone as kind-hearted as her. What exactly did she do wrong? Just because she is engaged to Sehun doesn't mean she is going to wreck your relationship. Did she steal Sehun from you? Neither did she initiate the arranged marriage. Areum is a human, she feelings too. And you know what eonni, I respect you, but Areum is your family member, yet you let everyone trash talked her like nobody's business. Are you sure you are compassionate enough to be a doctor?"

"Sul-"

"Choi Sulli," Sehun cut Chanyeol's words immediately, "You can scold me but do not scold my girlfriend."

"If only you were as protective over Areum, this wouldn't happen."

"Why should I? I don't even love her and she is not my girlfriend. And Joohyun has nothing to do with the scheme just now, stop blaming her."

Sulli released an exasperated sigh, "You know what, I feel like I am talking to a group of immature five year-old kids. I am out."

Chanyeol chased after her girlfriend as she stormed away from her clique. Areum, who was listening to their argument the whole time, felt immensely bad for Sulli. It's not the first time she defended her; it was bad that her friendship with Soojung went down the drain because of her. Now, again, Sulli chose to defend for her and turn her back against the friends that have been with her throughout their university days. What did she do deserve Sulli? She is like the angel in her dim world. Sulli has done so much for her but she has been nothing but the reason behind her broken friendship.

Maybe it's time for Areum to do something in return. 

 

That evening, Areum made a trip to Sehun's place, even though she knew that she was playing with fire because Sehun would be upset to see her at his place. She has her reasons for her sudden arrival. In order to put things to a stop, the only way is to talk. Entering the mansion, Areum was led by the servants to the grand living room. 

"Master Sehun will be down shortly."

Areum bowed and muttered a thanks. She observed the living room and she realised the mansion was so big and quiet that as if no one was living there. 

"What do you want?"

Areum was startled by the deep voice behind her. She shot up from the couch and turned to look at the figure walking into the living room. Sehun made his way to the couch opposite her, took a seta and shot her a questioning look. Sehun was surprised when the servant informed him about the arrival of Kim Areum and he wonders what brought her to his place, uninvited.

Before coming to Sehun's p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter