capítulo diez

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum felt terror running down her spine from the constant glares from Sehun. She wouldn't blame him for the hostility because she fell on top of his girlfriend and she must have left a huge impact on the petite girl knowing that she is twice of her size. Guilt crept in, as she watched her cousin wincing in pain when the doctor wrapped the bandage around her injured ankle. After the major fall, Soojung and Sulli stopped tearing each other's faces as they were shocked as everyone by the scene of Joohyun lying flat below her humongous body. Areum felt really guilty and she couldn't stop reprimanding herself for being so clumsy.

"Avoid any strenuous activities for the next two weeks and I believe you know how to take care of yourself Joohyun," The doctor gave a heart-warming smile to Joohyun. He has heard about the top few students, including Joohyun, from the Medicine class and knowing that she has studied more complicated case studies on major illnesses, this minor injury wouldn't be a problem to her.

"I will take my leave, take care."

"Thanks Doctor Lee."

Sehun sat next to Joohyun on the bed and asked if she was feeling alright with a worried expression. His heart aches seeing the bandage around his girlfriend's ankle. Although injuring the ankle is a common case among sportsmen, Sehun just couldn't bear his girlfriend going through the pain. 

Knowing that she owes her cousin an apology, Areum finally took a step forward, making her presence known.

"Joohyun eonni, I am sorry. I didn't mean to..."

Joohyun was sightly annoyed because she wouldn't be able to attend cheerleading trainings for the next two weeks but nonetheless, she forgave Areum because she knows the girl didn't mean to fall on top of her.

"You seriously need to lose weight! You are literally twice Joohyun's size!!" Sehun snapped, "Joohyun has to skip all her trainings for the next two weeks, how are you going to compensate??"

"I am really sorry."

Areum doesn't know what else to say aside saying sorry, not like she can replace Joohyun and help her to train on her behalf. 

"Sorry doesn't help in anything Kim Areum."

Areum felt really hurt by Sehun's animosity. She had already apologised and she was dying of guilt, but he is making things worse for her. Her heart prickles, because Sehun treats an animal better than her, like she is a garbage and not a human with feelings. Areum recalls how tender and loving Sehun was towards Gochujang - something that Sehun would never ever do to her. What will happen if they really got married? Is he going to treat her like she is his most hated object on Earth?

"Get lost Kim Areum, your ugly face and your big fat body irk us a lot."

 

Areum has always been an optimistic child, despite all the bullying, the bad things happening to her. But ever since she met Sehun, she realised she wasn't as cheerful as she used to be. She thought nothing can ever bring her mood down, but that was until she heard all the nasty things her fiancé said to and about her. Her fiancé would be her closest family member when they get married, and he should be the one loving her, taking care of her, and protecting her from any harm. But reality and fairy tales are two complete different things. All the romantic things Areum read from her novels collection are purely fictional and they are not meant to happen in real life, because her fiancé, her husband soon-to-be, only cause pain to her and he does not love her at all. Areum longed to meet someone that would love her whole-heartedly, but her fiancé only has another girl in his eyes.

"Appa, is this engagement really the perfect arrangement? I am tired of it..."

When Areum entered her lecture hall, her classmates start to whisper about her. She was aware that some of the kids at the scene filmed the fight between the cheerleading girls and they must have uploaded to some social media platforms, along with her body slam on Joohyun. She avoids all their discussion, but she did catch the death glare that Chaeyeon was sending to her. Why do people always glare at her like as if she killed their families? Areum quickly made her way to her usual seat and a frown appeared on her face when she saw a plaster on Sulli's cheek.

"Are you okay?" Areum asked, pointing at the cheek. 

"Yeah, Jung Soojung's nails are murderer weapon," Sulli joked, "I am alright, it's just a small cut but Chanyeol was being dramatic and he insisted to a plaster on it in case it gets infection."

"Why did you girls fight? You all have always been very amicable towards one another..."

"They talked bad about you and I was completely pissed."

Areum's heart sank and that was her breaking point. She had wanted to cry because of Sehun but she decided to hold it in because she would look so ridiculous crying over someone who doesn't give a about her. Hearing Sulli's words, she couldn't control her tears anymore.

"Why are you crying?" Sulli asked, alarming the boys sitting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter