capítulo treinta y cuatro

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum was one of the best students from Korean Literature major, but that didn't stop Areum from doubting her writing skills. She was reading Yixing's facial expression closely, while biting her lips nervously, when she showed her rough draft to Yixing. It was her first time attempting to write a novel and she wasn't sure if she was doing it right. Areum had titled the story as 'The duckling that loves to sing'. In the story, the duckling is a really shy creature, she loves to sing. But she has stage fright and she can never do it in front of a large crowd. Whenever she tries to do it, she will end up breaking her voice, causing other animals to laugh and ridicule her. All the teasing resulted her to lose confidence and become traumatised. One day, she met a sheep and a kitten. With their encouragements, the duckling managed to conquer her fear and proved the other animals that she can sing really well. The duckling was personified - Areum had referred the duckling to herself, not the singing part of course. When she saw Yixing's curled, she felt like she could breathe again.

"Am I the sheep?" Yixing asked, raising his brows. In the story, Areum had portrayed two animals as her friends - The little sheep and the kitten.

"Yeah," Areum nodded with blushing cheeks, "Because you are always so encouraging, caring, and nice, like a gentle little lamb. While the kitten is Sulli, cats are my favourite animal."

"I assume the fox that laughed at the duckling in the story is Oh Sehun?"

Areum nodded, suppressing her laughter. She didn't mean to portray Sehun as a fox but Yixing had given her the idea to portray Sehun as the bad character of her story, which he seemed satisfied with.

"I love it!"

"Do you think kids will love my story?"

"Of course! You are sending positive messages and teaching the kids to be brave and be who they want through this story!"

Areum heaved a sign of relief after hearing Yixing's words, "That's good. I have so much uncertainties."

Yixing placed the laptop on the table so he can stand up and hug Areum. Areum was caught off guard by the surprise embrace from the man. He pulled apart and put his hands on Areum’s shoulder, transmitting positive energy to Areum through his deep gaze, “You must have confident in yourself. You will succeed, I am very sure of that.”

Areum was moved by Yixing’s encouragement, although she faced lots of obstacles and mean people, she was glad that she had met nice and supportive people along the way. That’s all it matters.

“I will invest in your book, and also, I have helped you to look for publisher. Hope you don’t mind me doing all these without your permission. I just want to help you in whatever way I can.”

This time, Areum threw her arms around Yixing and gave him a really tight hug. Yixing is just like a gift, an angel that was sent to her after all the nasty things that happened to her. If only the guy she got married to was Yixing and not Sehun, maybe she would be so much happier.

“Have you gotten a present for Sehun?” Areum asked Yixing, earning a frown from him.

“No, why should I get a gift for him? He got a kiss from me last week.”

Areum smacked Yixing’s chest playfully for giving her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter