capítulo diecisiete

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School has been really peaceful for Areum for the next few months, although some childish people would still throw nasty comments at her occasionally, the bullying has reduced significantly. Popular kids with high social status like Baekhyun, Jongin, Soojung, and Seulgi, were itching to harass Areum but they gave up eventually because Areum has gotten herself a couple of good friends over the past few months and with them around her, it was indeed harder for them to disturb her because the bullying has toned down a lot. Soojung was surprised to see Taeyong and Mark talking to Areum from time to time and she once questioned Taeyong why is he friends with Areum, he said Areum has a nice character and told Soojung to stop being so judgemental towards everybody who don't fit into her definition of beauty, which got her really pissed. Furthermore, Sehun has reiterated to leave Areum alone and treat her as invisible. hence no one dares to lay their fingers on her. 

Aside the three musketeers from his class, Areum didn't expect herself to become closer to Taeyong and Mark because they are popular figures in school while she is the outcast. Even so, she sticks to Sulli and Jisoo for lunch most of the times because she didn't want anybody to gossip about her male friends, who shouldn't be seen around an outcast. Sometimes Hyuna would join the girls for lunch and Sulli has gradually restored her friendship with her clique, except for Soojung, because her friends have halted the bullying and left the innocent girl alone. Areum was happy to see things falling into places, although not her relationship with Joohyun. 

Joohyun would usually ignore her existence, whether at home or in school, but recently, the older girl has shown sighs of hostility towards Areum. Areum couldn't understand why is her cousin sending death glares to her whenever they encounter each other. It has been bothering her for quite some time because she would never want to become enemies with her family members, but with finals and graduation night coming up, Areum's mind was pretty much occupied by studies most of the times. 

"I honestly can't wait for graduation night."

Areum lifted her head and smiled upon hearing her friend's comment. Ever since that awkward study session she has with Chanyeol and Sehun, Chanyeol would drop by regularly while Sehun has never joined them again. Somehow during these study sessions, Chanyeol has slowly changed his behaviour towards Areum and  he started treating her like a normal friend. Of course, with Sulli around, Chanyeol wouldn't have the guts to do something mean to Areum, because if he does, Sulli would probably kick him out of the library. 

"Has Chanyeol asked you to be his date for prom night?" Areum asked, while hands still busy scribbling notes down on her notebook.

Sulli's face turned red and Areum knew the answer immediately. Seeing her friend in bliss, Areum can't help to feel envious and lonely. The prom night seems like a huge deal as she heard almost every student discussing about who they are intending to bring. 

"Has anyone asked you?" 

Areum shook her head and chuckled, "Are you serious Sulli? Look at me?" She pointed at her body, "Who would ask a fat girl to be their date for prom night?"

Sulli clicked her tongue and a look disapproval appeared on her face, "Kim Areum! Do not say such thing about yourself!"

Areum returned to her notes as preparing for her final paper is the most crucial thing right now. She has already planned to ditch the prom night because it would be a little depressing to turn up for the event without a date.

"You can come with Chanyeol and me!" Sulli suggested.

"Noo! I don't want to play the gooseberry."

"But I want you to come!"

"We shall see okay? Let's get back to our revision, we have one last paper tomorrow."

 

The next day, when Areum arrived at the examination hall, she was surprised to see Chanyeol with Sulli because as far she knows, the business kids have finished their finals and there isn't a need for them to attend school anymore. 

"Hey Areum!" Sulli greeted while Chanyeol sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter