capítulo veintitrés

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr Oh was pleased that his children are obeying his instructions. Mrs Oh had no choice but to accept her husband's decision since her input won't make difference, but her heart ached seeing downhearted expression on her second son's face because he couldn't marry his girlfriend and he had to witness the girl he loves marrying his older brother. She loves both her sons equally, so she was still glad that one of her sons is going to marry Joohyun because she is really fond of the girl. Whereas for Areum, she would prefer if she attempts to slim down and changes her physical appearance. Sehun watched his older brother and his girlfriend interacting with each other and it hurts for him to witness them smiling and talking to each other in good terms even though they just met each other. How is it so easy for Junmyeon to accept the arranged marriage with someone he barely knows without any word of objection while he was showing all signs of reluctance to marry the girl sitting next to him, who hasn't spoken a single word since she sat at the dining table. 

"We will start preparing Sehun and Areum's wedding since they know each other for a longer time, and meanwhile, Junmyeon and Joohyun can get to know each other better," Mr Oh stated, with lifted spirits. 

"Yes father," Junmyeon bowed.

"Hmm," Sehun hummed and pushed his chair backwards and left as he couldn't stand being at the dining table anymore. He promised Joohyun that he will act more rationally and not on impulse but easier said than done. It was hard to see his older brother putting food on his girlfriend's plate and she thanked him with an angelic smile while he was there sulking and his appetite gradually vanished.

Areum felt really bad for Sehun. Aside the fact that he has to marry her, who is someone he hates, he also had to watch the girl he loves marrying his older brother. Something that got her really puzzled was why her cousin didn't voice any objection when Mr Oh demanded her to marry the older son of Oh's household. Isn't it weird to marry the brother of her boyfriend? While Sehun looked really unpleased with the marriage, Joohyun didn't show any sign of grievance. 

Mr Oh was about to look for her son when Mr Oh stopped her, "Let him be. He is throwing tantrum like a kid again. Areum, don't mind him."

Areum smiled and shook her head before returning to her plate, though she couldn't take her mind off her fiancé. She was so focused with her own thoughts that she didn't realise Junmyeon was looking at her the whole time. 

 

"Hey Areum."

Areum was strolling at the garden after dinner when someone caught up with her from behind. She was surprised to see Junmyeon approaching her.

"Oh Junmyeon-ssi," Areum called and bowed politely.

Junmyeon chuckled, "Why so formal? Just call me Junmyeon oppa!"

Areum was taken aback by Junmyeon's friendliness. It was rare for guys to be friendly and nice to her, aside her classmates and the mysterious guy from the prom. She was flustered by the fact that Junmyeon wants her to call him oppa instead of using formality. 

"We will be a family soon, you can't keep addressing me as Junmyeon-ssi."

Areum was enthralled by Junmyeon's warm smile and she realised how good looking he was up-close. Knowing how inappropriate it was to have such thoughts towards Sehun's older brother and someone who is going to marry her older cousin, Areum quickly erase those thoughts away. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter