capítulo cuarenta y cuatro

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Picking up the storybook from the couch, Sehun examined the cover. He was surprised to see Areum’s name on the book, so Areum is the author of this book? Yixing was so goddamn right. He knew nothing about her. It was so pathetic that he had to lie to Sulli about losing all his contacts in order to get his wife’s number without raising suspicions. Plus, Sulli would go on and on about him being a lousy husband if she knew about it. Sehun recalled how embarrassed he was to not able to give an answer when he was asked about Areum’s occupation and Junmyeon had to answer on behalf of him.

However, for the past few weeks, he had began to make effort in knowing more about his wife. Now he can proudly tell Yixing that his wife hates onions and loves ice cream. Despite that, he isn’t aware that Areum had published a book. As he was reading the storybook, he couldn’t stop laughing and shaking his head because his wife portrayed him as the big bad fox in the story. Instead of feeling offended, he was amused, but at the same time he felt remorseful over his past actions towards her. Other girls would have kicked him in his balls if they were in Areum’s position, yet Areum did not hold any grudge against him, which made him feel more ty about himself.

Areum joined Sehun at the living room after showering and she realised that he was reading her storybook when she sat next to him, “Hey!”

Sehun chuckled, “So what’s your next story idea?”

“I am sorry for portraying you as the bad guy.”

“Oh, that,” Sehun let out an amusing laughter, and patted her head, “Don’t worry. I deserve it. I was a terrible person and I treated you like !”

Areum slid her hand across Sehun’s lap and took the book from his hands with a sheepish smile, “I will make sure to portray you as the good guy next time.”

“I didn’t know write.”

“Yes I do, Yixing helped me with the publishing!”

Just when Areum realised what came out of , her smiled faltered and her eyes widened in alarm, while Sehun cleared his throat as the atmosphere turned awkward. Another strike that made him feel like he really deserves the worst husband title, Yixing has done so much in helping with her writing career but what has he done?

Judging from Sehun’s expression, Areum was glad that she didn’t mention anything about going to China with Yixing to further build her writing portfolio and career and that shall be a secret buried deep in her heart.

“I will help you with your second book, and all your subsequent work.”

“Why can’t you and Yixing get along with each other? He is nice.”

Sehun snorted, rolling his eyes in the process, “No reason. He is annoying, arrogant, full of himself, and rude. I just dislike him.”

Areum decided not to probe further because she was afraid that their conversation might lead to a fight. Yixing is not whatever Sehun had described, he is the kindest person she has ever met, apart from Sulli, and she really can’t understand the bad blood between the two of them.

“When is your next appointment with Doctor Choi?” Sehun changed the subject quickly, in case Areum continued to ask him about Yixing. It would take him three days to explain his hatred towards Yixing and that’s going to waste his time and saliva.

“I have one tomorrow! We can finally find out Pumpkin’s gender!”

“Tomorrow?” Sehun groaned, “I have an important client coming from China tomorrow and I can’t postpone the meeting. Apparently she works for Yixing’s dad. Ugh, tell me 1000 reasons how is Yixing and his family not annoying. Try to convince me.”

Areum was slightly disheartened that Sehun can’t be there tomorrow to share the excitement and joy with her from knowing Pumpkin’s gender.

“I am sorry,” Sehun pouted.

“No no it’s okay! I can understand, you have work!”

“How about you come look for me at my office after your appointment? Surprise me with Pumpkin’s gender.”

“Are you sure it’s okay for me to visit?” Areum asked with a worried expression, “I don’t want to bother you at work.”

“Nah, it’s okay!” He flashed an assuring smile and gave Areum’s head a few pat again. It has become a habit for Sehun to pat Areum’s head every now and then and Areum never fails to blush at that gesture.

 

“Congratulations Areum, you are having a pair of twins! Two girls!”

Areum couldn’t believe what her doctor just told her. She is expecting two babies at the same time. Gosh, how she wish Sehun was there with her to celebrate the great news together.

“Really?” Areum was still trying to recover from shock when her doctor handed her the ultrasound. Areum was overwhelmed with emotions to see two Pumpkins in the picture. What would Sehun’s reaction be? She is so thrilled to find out.

When Areum was making her way to Sehun’s office, she couldn’t take her eyes off the ultrasound. Maybe it’s time to give the babies another nickname because she didn’t think calling them Pumpkin one and Pumpkin two sounds nice. She then shifted her eyes to the box of cupcakes on her lap. Areum had purposely bought two strawberry flavoured cupcakes and she wondered if Sehun would be able to get her way of revealing the gender.

 

“Good afternoon. How can I help you?” The receptionist at the lobby asked with a friendly smile as Areum approached her.

“I am here for Mr Oh Sehun.”

Both of receptionists at the counter shot up from their seats and bowed to Areum immediately, “Good afternoon Mrs Oh, you may proceed.” They have received instructions from Sehun be alert about Areum’s arrival because he didn’t want his employees to mistake Areum as any other worker in the company.

Areum was taken aback by their huge reaction upon knowing their status. She didn’t know that she would hold such a superior position as Sehun’s wife in the company and it’s fascinating, because Areum has never experienced that before, although she felt that there wasn’t a need for them to be so formal with her.

Upon entering the lift, some people were giving her weird glances, which got Areum feeling conscious about her outfit. Indeed, a long floral dress with open-toed sandals didn’t seem like an office-appropriate outfit. They must be thinking how unprofessional her outfit was, even though they weren’t aware that she isn’t an employee of the company.

Arriving at level eleven, Areum pushed herself through the crowd in the lift and walked into the office. Everyone was hustling and bustling with their work and the constant ringing shows how busy the department was. Before Areum could approach anyone for direction to Sehun’s office, a woman in her mid-fifties was making her way towards Areum in big and animated footsteps and a frown on her face.

“Are you the new intern? Why are you so late? Do you know what time you should report for work?! It’s already 1pm! Do you want to lose your job on the first day??” The grumpy woman lashed before commanding Areum to follow her like a dog, “Follow me!”

“I-”

“Report at 9am from tomorrow onwards, get it?”

“I uh-”

Areum didn’t get any chance to refute because the woman was talking to her like a machine gun and she seems like she is in a hurry to get things done and bringing the intern around the office is the last thing she wants to do. She then shoved a red file filled with documents to Areum.

“Photocopy twenty sets and place them in the meeting room by 2pm. Also, prepare five cups of coffee for the meeting later on.”

“Why five? Arent there more than five people attending the meeting?” Areum questioned, as if she has adapted the role as the intern.

The woman paused and placed her hands on the hips, “Sweetie, only the higher ups get the coffee. Stop asking so much questions and just listen to whatever I need you to do.”

As they walked past the team, some of the girls whispered among themselves after noticing Areum’s baby bump. It must be surprising to them to have an intern who is pregnant.

“Woah, Alexis, is this the new intern?” A guy, with a flirtatious grin, came to the woman as she eyed Areum up and down like a predator. This woman was baiscally too busy with throwing work to Areum and she didn’t even bother to introduce herself.

“Yes she is, don’t try to hit on her, James. President Oh has specifically stated that no full-time employees should get themselves involved with interns. This is a way to protect the interns so don’t even think of doing something funny. She is under my supervision,” Alexis deadpanned.

James shrugged, “Oh well, not like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter