capítulo veintiuno

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun never left Joohyun alone the moment she woke up. It was gut-wrenching for him to break the unfortunate news of their lost child to his girlfriend after she regained conscious and it broke his heart when she started bawling at the loss. Sehun held her in his arms and he teared up as the truth began to set in. Areum remained outside the ward, she was hoping to apologise to Joohyun even though she knows she probably doesn't want to see her right then.

"Go home and rest Areum," Mr Oh came out of the ward and told the lethargic looking girl. He was sad to lose his grandchild but he didn't think it was right to blame her entirely because it was an accident and no one wanted it to happen. 

"Is Joohyun eonni alright?"

"She needs some time to digest the heart-breaking news. Her emotion is still unstable right now. Give her some time."

Areum nodded with guilt eating her up as images of Joohyun lying unconsciously on the ground flashed past her mind again. If she chose another day to visit Mr Oh, she wouldn't have encountered her and got into a fight with her cousin. She should have known better than to agitate her cousin and push her down the stairs, albeit the fact that it was an accident and she never wanted to inflict pain on Joohyun.

The next day, the boys, Sulli, and Soojung came to visit Joohyun. While Sulli believed that Areum harbours no ill intention towards Joohyun, the rest beg to differ and blamed all the misfortune on Areum, adding in some profanities while scolding the girl. 

"Guys, it was an accident, I am sure Areum didn't mean it..."

"Sulli, if you want to defend Areum, you are not welcome here," Sehun stated in a flat tone and gave her a black look.

"I-"

Chanyeol stopped his girlfriend immediately and shook his head with a disapproving look, signaling her to to stop arguing with Sehun. Sulli gave up eventually, because she knew Sehun and Joohyun just lost something precious and they needed the time to grieve and lament. 

 

Joohyun got discharged from the hospital a few days later and Sehun insisted to bring her to his place so he can take care of her, especially when her parents are away. He also emphasised that he doesn't want Joohyun to be near Areum because who knows what else that girl could do to his girlfriend. Since that incident, Areum never had a proper meal, neither did she get any proper sleep because the flashbacks of the incident couldn't stop haunting her. Sulli came to visit her and told her that she shouldn't put the blame on herself because it was an accident, she also persuaded her to have something but Areum refused to heed her words, leaving Sulli at a loss. It has been two weeks since she saw Joohyun and she still didn't have the chance to apologise to her cousin, especially when Sehun warned her specifically to stay away from him and Joohyun. 

If it weren't for the dinner invitation that Mr Oh had extended to her, she doubts she will ever get to see her cousin.

Areum sat opposite Sehun, and the guy continued to send her looks that could kill her right then. She had a quick glance at Joohyun and she was relieved that Joohyun seemed to be in good condition, in contrast to what she had expected to see after the loss of the baby. She was expecting Joohyun to look dispirited, weak, and depressed but judging from her face, Joohyun seemed to have gotten over the grief. Areum reckoned that she probably looked worse, with lackluster eyes and dark eye bags due to the lack of sleep. 

"Why is Kim Areum invited to this dinner?" Sehun spat, not giving a damn if his harsh tone would hurt the girl.

"Because I have things to announce," Mr Oh stated, and everyone put down their cutlery to pay attention to old man, "I have decided to continue with the marriage between Sehun and Areum."

"What?" Sehun and Mrs Oh shrieked in disbelief, while Areum was in stupor and she seemed to lose her ability to talk. Why did Mr Oh bring up the engagement again? Wasn't it settled back then?

"Since Joohyun is not pregnant, you are not obligated to marry her."

"It's not an obligation dad," Sehun rebutted, in anger, "I want to marry Joohyun and not that murderer that harms my girlfriend and kills my child," He shot a menacing look towards Areum, "I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter