capítulo veinticuatro

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: I decided to skip writing about their graduation because it's time for the story to move out of the school setting and for more dramas to roll in.

Areum stood in front of the vast array of bridal gowns on the shelves. She was asked by Sehun's mother to choose a dress but she had no idea which dress to pick, and she could feel more pressure adding onto her shoulder knowing that the bridal shop assistant was trailing behind her. 

"Hey Areum!"

Areum felt relief washed over her when Sulli came to rescue, words couldn't express her gratefulness for her friend for taking out time to choose a wedding dress with her.

"Sorry was caught in a jam."

"No it's fine!" Areum shifted towards Sulli's ear, "I am so glad you came I am so stressed by this."

Sulli gave her a pat on the shoulder and started to browse the dresses on the shelves. She can't help to feel bad for her friend because the person that should accompany Areum is the groom-to-be but he is nowhere to be seen. Upon graduation, the boys had started looking for jobs, while Sehun had to learn the ropes of managing his father's company together with his older brother, which gave him opportunities to make up excuses about being too busy to go for fitting when his dad instructed him to do so. His mother had no choice but to go on behalf of him instead. Sulli even asked her boyfriend to persuade Sehun to come for the fitting but it was futile, Oh Sehun is too spoilt and willful. 

"I don't think any of the dresses here suit me..." Areum's voice trailed as a frown formed on her face, while her eyes were constantly searching for a dress that could fit her body size but to no avail.

Sulli turned towards the shop assistant and asked her if there were dresses for plus size and she immediately brought them to another shelves. Areum was worried that she would take up too much of other people's time so she quickly grabbed a random wedding dress from the shelf, afterall, she is not going to look nice in any of the dresses because wedding dresses are meant for skinny girls like Joohyun and Sulli. The shop assistant and Sulli offered to help her with the dress but Areum was too shy and conscious about showing her body to others so she kindly rejected their help. As she was trying to change into the dress, she kinda regretted not taking up Sulli's offer because she was struggling with the zip and it was almost impossible to zip the dress by herself. 

"Areum, you sure you don't need any help?" Sulli asked from outside the fitting room.

"Hmm," Areum could feel her cheeks heating up, "Actually I do...Can you come in and help me?"

Sulli opened the curtain cautiously and she chuckled at the embarrassed looking Areum, "Why are you so shy? We are all girls."

"I...My body isn't perfect..."

"Areum, no one is perfect. You need to have confidence in yourself and also in your body," Sulli encouraged, "Okay, hold your breath yah," Sulli said, as she tried to pull up the zip, with much force exerted but it seems like the dress was a little tight for Areum, "Can you breathe?" She asked as she noticed that agonising expression on Areum's face in order to fit into the wedding gown, at the same time worried that her friend might faint due to lack of oxygen, "Okay, just a little bit more," With one last pull, Sulli released a sign of relief. 

"Is it tight?"

Albeit the fact that it's tight and uncomfortable, Areum didn't want to go through the hassle to look for another dress because it would probably have the same result. She could only blame it on her fat body, if she were skinny, she wouldn't encounter so many problems. Areum looked at her own reflection, she felt like she ruined the beautiful gown. What would Sehun think when he saw her in this? Would he give her his usual look of disgust and ridicule her for having such a hard time squeezing into a dress that doesn't fit her well.

Sulli pulled open the curtain, revealing Areum in the gown while asking the shop assistant and Sehun's mother for opinions. 

"You look pretty in it, Miss Kim."

Areum smiled, although fully aware that it was a lie. It wouldn't make sense for the shop assistant to criticise their customers anyway. She looked at Sehun's mother for her thoughts and she hoped she would approve the dress because Areum just wants to get it over and done with. 

"How do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter