capítulo cuarenta y tres

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You seem to be in a really good mood recently."

Areum turned to her colleague at the counter, beaming, "Do I?"

"Yeah," she smiled, "You are glowing too. Did something good happen to you?"

-

Using the word 'good' to describe Areum's mood is an understatement. There was a drastic change in Areum's mood, in a good way, and everyone noticed it. For the past few weeks, her relationship with Sehun improved and they started to talk to each other more often. During the weekends, they would visit the orphanage and pet shelter together whenever they have time and it has become a weekly affair for the two of them. Everyone in the Oh's household was elated to hear about Areum's pregnancy, especially grandpa, who couldn't stop gloating how right he was about their relationship.

"See, I told you Areum is the girl for you! And you guys are going to have a kid together!"

Sehun and Areum agreed to keep mum about the pregnancy being an accidental one because they didn't want to go into details with the elderlies. Not like that matters anyway as long as they are both responsible for their actions and to their unborn child. Mr Oh and Mrs Oh couldn't stop bickering over the gender of their grandchild and it has been so long since Sehun saw such happiness on his parents' faces, ever since 'the Joohyun incident'. 

"I am sure it's a boy!"

"Nope honey, my gut feeling told me that it's a girl! I have given birth so I trust my instincts!"

"But you gave birth to two sons!"

"So? That doesn't mean anything! I still went through the giving birth process!"

And the argument between the old married couple goes on and on. They even had to drag Junmyeon in and force him to take a side, in which Junmyeon took his mother’s side, causing Mrs Oh to smile in victory and Mr Oh to sulk at a corner.

"Areum, should we give the baby a nickname?"

"What nickname do you have in mind, Sehun?"

"Hmm, how about... pumpkin?" 

"What? Why?"

"I don't know, it sounds cute."

If there was anyone who is feeling more excited than Areum over the arrival of Pumpkin, it would be Sehun. He talks to Areum's stomach everyday and he makes sure to accompany Areum to all the appointments. Sometimes Areum feels really bad that Sehun had to postpone his meetings specially for her, just so that he would be able to make it for her check-ups. Even though she assured that she can go to the hospital alone, Sehun never feels safe to let her go alone.

Areum's stomach was starting to show and the guys couldn't stop fighting over the position of the best godfather. Even though there is still a long way to go before the baby is born, they have already bought lots of toys and games that would probably last the kid throughout his or her entire childhood. 

"Seriously Soojung? Barbie dolls?" Baekhyun shot a disgusted look as he took out with a toy gun with a smirk, "Boys should play with guns!"

“Oh please Baekhyun, Jongin and I strongly believe that Pumpkin is a girl!”

“Uh-uh!” Chanyeol wiggled his index finger, “I am with Baekhyun! I am sure it’s a boy! Right babe?”

Sulli shrugged, “I got a feeling it’s a girl.”

Chanyeol pretended to be hurt by his girlfriend for not backing him up, “What about you Kyungsoo!”

“Boy.”

“So it’s three against three huh?” Jongin said, with a loopsided grin, “Shall we bet?”

“Game on!”

Sehun was annoyed that his friends had a bet on Pumpkin’s g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter