capítulo veintiocho

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

Okay, I know many of you were shocked to see the story marked as completed with an abrupt ending yesterday and I would like to apologise for the false alarm! It was an accident criesss, I was too tired from my hectic schedule so please do pardon me! This story still has a long way to go before it ends and I will not leave it incomplete, so don't worry guys :)

Sehun has completely forgotten about the existence of another person in his apartment. The moment he opened his door, the door of the guest room opened at the same time as well. Immediately, his mood got dampened at the sight of someone he detests early in the morning. 

"Morning..." Areum greeted but Sehun ignored her and walked out of his room, unaware that the timid Areum was trailing behind him as they made their way our of the house. Marriage is a blissful and joycous occasion but Sehun felt nothing nowhere near happiness. His father had forced him to go on a honeymoon trip with Areum but Sehun was repelled by the idea and there was no way he is going on a trip with her. Sure, he knows how girls always fantasise their honeymoon trip with their spouse but he ain't gonna give her any hope in this marriage. Maybe she would bring up divorce when she finally could not stand him anymore and he would be free again. 

Sehun and Areum entered the dining room to see Mr Oh, Mrs Oh, and Junmyeon at the table. They all exchanged greetings with one another as Areum went for the seat next to Junmyeon. 

"Are you not eating?" Junmyeon asked his younger brother.

Sehun shook his head, "I gotta go."

Before his parents could even say anything, Sehun had disappeared.

"That brat..." Mr Oh shook his head in disapproval. 

Junmyeon noticed the crestfallen expression on Areum's face so he placed a piece of bread on her plate and gave her a pat as a form of support. Areum is like the little sister he never had.

"Where are you going later? I will give you a lift."

"Oh no, it's okay! I can go to work by myself!" Areum declined as she felt really bad to trouble Junmyeon.

Junmyeon assured her that it was alright and Areum couldn't be more than touched that someone else in the family, aside Mr Oh, cares and appreciates her. 

 

The moment Sehun arrived at the company, everyone stood up and bowed to him as they were intimidated by the strong aura that Sehun carries and his cold demeanour. Unlike Junmyeon, Sehun never smiles to any of his employees, except to the senior staff that is way more experienced than him and his hyungs, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who happened to score a position at the Oh's Enterprise.

"Someone looked really gloomy on a Monday morning," Baekhyun teased Sehun but he wasn't in the mood to crack any jokes, "Didn't have enough sleep last night?" He winked.

Sehun smacked Baekhyun's head, "Cut the crap hyung, stop thinking about those dirty things."

"What dirty things? You and Kim Areum are married and married couples should do whatever they need to do..." 

Sehun couldn't be bothered by his hyung's crazy antics so he decided to chase him out of his room and ask him to scram off. Looking at the photograph on his table, Sehun's mood got lifted. It's a picture of him and Joohyun. Joohyun's smile never fail to bring a bright smile to his face and everytime he sees her angelic smile, he falls for her all over again. She is the only girl that can brighten up his world and bring comfort to him. Upon hearing the knocking from outside his room, Sehun's smile faltered and he put the photograph back on his desk.

"Come in."

Sehun's secretary came in and informed him about the arrival of their client. As she made her way out, Sehun picked up the necessary things needed for the meeting and made his way to the meeting room. Usually his brother would handle all the big clients but this client had specifically asked to speak to Sehun, which got him pondering who his client is. All he knew was his surname - Zhang. As Sehun entered the meeting room, he was greeted by the sight of the guy with an arrogant grin that he really hates. Zhang Yixing, the guy sitting confidently in front of him and who happens to be his brother's best friend. Sehun has never liked Zhang Yixing because he just didn't like his vibes. In the past, it annoyed him everytime his older brother brought him over to his place and even his parents adore him and see him like another son. After Junmyeon moved to Japan, Zhang Yixing stopped coming over and moved back to his hometown, China, before returning to Korea and joining the same university as him and despite the , they were batch mates. Even so, they still never get along, while Sehun was the basketball team's captain, Yixing was the football team's captain but people never pay much attention to the soccer team

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter