capítulo uno

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum has never met a guy like him. His arched brows and almond-shaped eyes made him looks intimidating. His complexion is flawless. His naturally high nose bridge is something that most people would dream to have. His lips twitched a little when he realised the girl opposite him was staring at him for a little too long. Areum immediately looked away bashfully when she got caught for admiring him. 

"Sehun, why don't you bring Areum for a walk at the garden?"

Oh Sehun. That's the name of her fiance. 

Sehun nodded and led Areum to the garden in front of his mansion. Areum walked behind him, admiring his broad shoulders and nice physique. When they were finally alone, Sehun turned around and stared at Areum with his cold hard eyes.

"Kim Areum, what do you think of our engagement?" 

Even his voice sounds like a melody to Areum.

"Hmm, I think..."

"It's stupid."

Areum's eyes widened in alarm at his harsh tone. 

"I have a girlfriend and her name is Bae Joohyun."

Areum was in utter shock to be fed with that news.

"That's right, she is your cousin," He stuffed his hands into his pockets and turned away from the girl, "So there is no way I am going to marry you. I love Joohyun. While I try to get us out of this stupid engagement, you stay the away from me and don't try to ruin my life."

Sehun's words rendered Areum speechless. She didn't expect herself to be stuck in this situation the moment she returned to Korea from US. When Areum was 4, after her mother abandoned her, she has moved to live in US with her father. It wasn't until recently when her father passed away in a car accident, Areum's uncle and aunt had decided to bring her back to Korea as her guardians. Her father's sudden death was a huge blow to her, and before she could get over her grief, her uncle and aunt had dropped her another bomb. They had discovered from Areum's father's will that he had a deal with the Oh's. It was stated that Areum's dad had saved Sehun's dad's life when both their wives were still carrying the kids , and to repay his gratitude, they have decided to put their kids into an arranged marriage, with Sehun's dad promising that he will take care of his daughter like his own.

"And look at you," Sehun scoffed, scanning her from head to toe, "What kind of dress are you wearing? Did you get it from the market? Also, don't you think you should lose weight? The dress looks like it's going to burst from holding in your fats."

Areum looked at her body and hung her head low in embarrassment. Indeed, the dress was too tight for her plum body as the last time she wore this dress was for a prom few years back and she is sure very that she had put on weight. Sehun isn't the first guy to mock Areum for her size. She has been ridiculed for her entire high school life in US for being a fatty and a loser with no friends because no one wants to be friends with a fat and ugly girl like her. When she proceeded to university, she thought the people there would be more mature and accepting of her, but she was wrong. They treated her as invisible but she counts herself lucky that there wasn't much bullying because no one gave a about her. a

"You shouldn't be called Areum," He added another insult, (Areum means beautiful in Korean), "You are not even beautiful."

After Sehun ditched Areum at the garden, Areum sat on the bench and took out her necklace. It was her 20th birthday gift from her father. Areum looks up to her father a lot. He was her superman. He brought her up single-handedly and even though Areum doesn't have her mother with her, her dad managed to feel up the gap and played both the roles of a mother and a father. Ever since she was a kid, her dad has always reminded her to be kind to people around her and be humble. Because good things will only happen to good people; wise words from her dad that she had it etched deeply in her heart. She looked at the disappearing figure in front of her.

Areum has always been an obedient kid. If her father thinks that Sehun is the guy for her, then she will accept her fate. 

 

"I am sure Sehun told you about us."

The moment Areum got home, she got con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter