capítulo tres

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Entering the lecture hall, Areum didn't feel as excited as yesterday to attend school. Knowing that Sulli and the guy who insulted her are a couple, Areum feels that there is no way Sulli would continue being her friend and she feels really sad to lose a friend just like that. Just when she decided to look for another seat, Sulli called for her and shouted her name, surprising Areum. Areum made her way to the same seat. 

"I got sandwiches for you!" Sulli slid a paper bag towards Areum, "Hope you like it and sorry about yesterday. Don't mind Chanyeol. He talks without using his brain all the time."

Areum felt hot tears b. She threw a hug towards Sulli, shocking the girl. 

"Thank you for being my friend..."

It may seem like nothing but it's a big deal to Areum, especially when she has never had a real friend. 

Sulli was caught off guard, "I wasn't expecting such huge reaction but you are welcome Areum!" She pat her back.

Areum pulled apart from the hug and looked away shyly. She can't explain the joy in her to finally have a real friend in her life and it was nice receiving something from a friend. 

"Anyway, as a new transfer student, I think there are some things you need to know about the popular clique."

While Areum eats her sandwiches, Sulli explains the situation to her while she shows her a picture of the clique.

"Sehun and Joohyun eonni are campus couple. They have been together since high school and Sehun chose to study in this university because Joohyun eonni, so their relationship is pretty much known to whole school. They are known for their brains, looks, and basically everything. Sehun is the captain of the basketball team, so you can imagine his popularity."

Sulli moved on to the guy with puppy face. Areum can't believe such innocent and cute looking person would have such nasty personality.

"He is Byun Baekhyun. Baekhyun is a year older than us and Sehun, same goes for Do Kyungsoo and my boyfriend but because they in academics, they have to repeat their third year. Anyway, Baekhyun is a womanizer, and he never settles for one girl, so I kinda dislike him for his flirtatious nature. But because he is my boyfriend's best friend, I closed one eye and ignored him as much as possible. Even so, I got to admit that he is witty and funny. Baekhyun is a lead vocal of our school's choir, so avoid joining that club."

"This is Do Kyungsoo. He looks the kindest among the boys but he has his notorious side too. Last year, there was a rumour about him sleeping with a professor for grades in the locker room being spread but no one confirms how true that news was, neither anyone knows how reliable the source was so it soon died down but Kyungsoo was unfazed by it. He always have a poker face on so it's very hard to read his mind. Kyungsoo is in the taekwondo club anyway!"

Sulli pointed at the guy next to Kyungsoo, "He is Kim Jongin, also known as Kai. He is same age as us and he is like another Baekhyun, they are both womanizers. Told you Byun Baekhyun is nothing but a bad influence. Jongin is the vice-captain of the basketball team, so Sehun and him are the closest."

"I haven't seen him around..." Areum tried to recall his face but to no avail.

"He only comes to school whenever he wants. The professors can't do anything about him because his dad owns the school."

Areum was awestruck by the fact, "Are the boys all from well-off families?"

Sulli nodded, "Kinda, but Sehun and Jongin are richest."

Indeed, the boys are not only good looking, but they are also well-to-do, which explains their popularity and their snobbish characteristics. They are basically a level above everyone and no argument can say otherwise.

"Then, you should know by now," Sulli pointed at the guy who had his arms around her in the picture, "He is Park Chanyeol, and also my boyfriend. Chanyeol is in the basketball team too, so before we started dating, he was also like Jongin and Baekhyun, going around to flirt with all the pretty girls in school. I despised him for doing that, but I saw his efforts in changing himself for me, so I decided to give him a chance," Sulli blushed remembering the times when Chanyeol courted her really hard and he didn't give up despite her reluctance to date him.

"But he has a foul mouth, and I have scolded him a lot of times for being so judgmental towards people, just like his friends. He couldn't change that part of him. But I guess, if I love him, I would have to accept his flaws, wouldn't I?"

Areum smiled in admiration as she listened to her friend's love story. She was envious, because she has never experienced such sweet relationship before. She sighed inwardly, knowing that this fairytale-like love story would never happen to her, whether now, or in the future. Because no guy will date a fat and ugly girl like her. 

"Can you tell me things about Joohyun eonni?"

Sulli looked at Areum with rounded eyes, "She is your cousin, you don't know anything about her?"

Areum looked away in fluster, "Well, we aren't exactly in talking terms. She probably hates me for being engaged to Sehun."

Sulli looked at Areum in pity. She felt bad for Areum but there was nothing s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter