double update: capítulo cuarenta y uno

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P.S. Double update because I really owe you guys one long chapter after not updating for so long!

Areum woke up in an unexceptionally good mood. To her surprise, she didn’t experience any morning sickness this morning unlike the past few weeks, which was torturous and that itself had drained the energy for the rest of her day. She grabbed her phone from her table and looked through the comments on the photo again. There were more positive comments and there wasn’t any mentioning of Joohyun after Sehun’s clarification.

“Oh my! Who would have expected you to marry Kim Areum for real and have kids together in the end? But congrats!”

Yeah, who would have thought that Areum and Sehun are going to have a family together? No one. In the past, it was just Joohyun and Sehun but now, maybe things are finally in Areum’s favour. Although Sehun didn’t say anything about her pregnancy yet, the post on his Instagram could indicate the great start of something new. Sure, Areum could understand that he doesn’t love her for now, but she was grateful that he is willing to stand by her throughout her pregnancy. The rest can wait later.

Just then, a message popped up and Areum’s smile faltered when she saw the text. It was a text from Yixing.

 

Standing outside the café and looking in through the transparent glass, Areum saw a despondent Yixing stirring his cup of coffee absent-mindedly and she felt like the most awful person right then. She was nervous as well, she had whatever she wanted to say to him rehearsed in her brain umpteen times but she knew she would screw everything up the moment her eyes met his. Because the last person she wanted to hurt is Yixing.

“Hey,” Areum called as she settled for the seat opposite Yixing.

“Hey,” Yixing greeted back, lack of his usual cheery vibes.

“I am sorry Yixing,” Areum sighed and she averted her eyes away from Yixing because she couldn’t look into his eyes.

“For what?”

“I only realised I was pregnant yesterday.”

“And the father is Sehun?”

Areum nodded, earning a deep sigh from Yixing. Yixing was heartbroken, she could tell. He probably didn’t have a good sleep last night judging from his red eyes.

“You know, I don’t get it. I love you Areum, I thought we were on the same page. I wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend officially when we moved to China but suddenly, you are pregnant with Sehun’s child?” Yixing scoffed, “What the hell is going on? Sehun and you aren’t like any normal married couple, how did that child happen?”

It was Areum’s first time hearing Yixing cursed and it was also his first time raising his voice at him. She was at a loss of words, which infuriates Yixing more because he really wants to hear answers from her. If she doesn’t like him like the way he does, he will be cool about it and he will move on. But he could feel something from her, he could feel that Areum likes him and the only thing that was holding her back from accepting is her marriage and she isn’t one who commits infidelity. He showers her with love, he dotes on her, he helps her during rough times, he treats her like nothing but his entire world and all she requites was a shocking news of her carrying Sehun’s child. Yixing felt betrayed, although they have never gone officially. Was she just misleading him and using him? Was he just a replacement to occupy the loneliness she felt because her husband couldn’t give her the love that she wants?

“I am sorry Yixing-”

“How did the child happen?”

Areum explained the story to him, minus the part where Sehun moaned for Joohyun’s name instead of hers because the last time she told someone, Sulli was so close to going ballistic. She didn’t want Yixing to confront Sehun and punch the daylight out of him.

“He forced himself on you? And you let him?!”

“I wanted it, I am sorry Yixing.”

Areum didn’t know why she felt like she had to apologise to Yixing for wanting to have with her own husband. Maybe it was the guilt that made her apologetic. She was aware of Yixing’s feelings for her and she should have told him clearly from the start if her heart was never with him. Areum thought Yixing would be her real prince charming, the one who saves her, the damsel in distress, because she truly enjoys every single minute spent with him. But love and admiration are different. Yixing is too good to be true, but Sehun, has her heart from the moment they met for the very first time. At times, Areum would question herself why did she fall for someone who dehumanised her and treated her like , and not someone who gave her everything? But she would end up with no answer. She didn’t know why her heart beats for Sehun too.

“Tell me honestly, if this child did not exist, would you go to China with me, accept me, file a divorce with Sehun and start a new life with me?” Yixing asked, still holding onto the very last rope of hope.

Areum could feel her hot tears b. Why does something bad always happen to her right after she was brought to cloud nine? It was as if she doesn’t deserve to have long lasting happiness and whenever she feels that things are begin to fall into places, storm would knock on her door and take everything from her.

“I am sorry Yixing, I would still go China with you, but solely for work purposes.”

And Yixing’s heart was officially crushed to bits and pieces. At that moment, he hates Sehun. Everything goes his way and even the only girl that he loves belongs to him. Oh Sehun never learn the hard way. What did that do to deserve all the good things? He wasn’t the one who was scrubbing off the profanities on Areum’s lockers when everyone had already gone home after school. He wasn’t the one who fetched her after work. He wasn’t the one who got drenched by offering his jacket to Areum because he didn’t want her to catch a cold from the rain. He wasn’t the one who lend Areum his shoulders when she gave in to fatigue from spending hours of writing. Yet Areum still prefers Oh Sehun to him.

Areum was tearing up but for the first time, Yixing didn’t bother to comfort her. He grabbed his stuff and made his way out of the café, without saying goodbye. The moment he walked out, Areum lost a friend, an angel, and her knight in shiny armour.

 

“Mr Zhang, you can’t barge in!! Mr Zhang!”

Sehun raised his brows at the sudden commotion outside his office and hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter