capítulo dieciséis

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passes quickly when you are having fun. Areum truly understood what it means to be hanging out with a big group of friends. On the first day of the holiday, she went bowling with her newly-found friends, namely Taeyong and Mark. Mark is nice and down to earth, despite being a really popular kid in school. Whereas for Taeyong, he is still quite unpredictable for Areum because he carries a mysterious vibes and he is always smirking at her, even when he tried to be nice to her. Doyoung assured that Taeyong meant no harm towards her. Areum even got to hear abit about her being set up with Moon Taeil. Moon Taeil, a student from School of Info-technology, who is famous for his hacking skills. Whoever that needs help with anything related to IT would go look for him. Although he charged his service at a relatively high price because he doesn't come from a well-off family, people still pay because he is an IT genius and no one is comparable to him. Haechan reckoned that someone bribed Taeil into doing this so he wasn't exactly a victim of the scheme. When asked about the votes, everyone at the table except for Taeyong and Mark voted Sehun for the popular king title, while everyone voted for Areum for the popular queen title, although Sulli, Doyoung, Haechan, and Johnny swore that they had no idea what was up but merely listened to the instructions being passed to them to vote for Areum. "It's a conspiracy so no matter what's the outcome of the votes, Taeil and Areum will be the popular king and queen." Areum remembers Taeyong's word carefully and when she asked who instigated it, Taeyong and Mark kept num about it, while the rest shrugged. 

On the second day, Areum went to visit grandpa at his animal shelter and brought lots of treats for Tamago and other animals there. "Tamago rarely gets close to other humans aside Sehun, you are second." Areum felt happy knowing that Tamago loves her as much as she does. During the time there, she also built bonds with other animals and she had offered to help grandpa to actively look for potential owners for the animals.

On the third day, Jisoo had asked to meet Sulli and Areum, to Areum's surprise, but she was glad to make more friends. The girls went for lunch together, and they went shopping too, like any other school girls hanging out with their cliques - something that Areum has never experienced before. The girls even offered to teach Areum how to put on makeup, but Areum rejected because she was embarrassed. She didn't think makeup is going to hide the fact that she is fat or change her life so what's the point? 

 

"Hey Areum!"

Areum was entering the school gate when someone shouted for her name from behind. It was Hyuna, who looks like she just finished exercising as she was in tight fitting yoga attire and her hair was sticking out in different direction.

"Hey Hyuna," she greeted, walking side by side with the popular girl.

"How was your holiday?" Hyuna asked.

"It was great, you?"

Hyuna groaned, "The cheerleading practices were insane, especially with Joohyun's absence and Sulli's departure."

Areum gave a bitter smile, feeling sorry for the tired looking girl. Areum was shocked when Sulli first told told her that she is withdrawing from cheerleading because she can't stand those hypocrites anymore, and Areum can't help to carry the blame on her shoulder even though Sulli told her her decision has nothing to do with her. 

"Seriously, we are having a competition soon and Joohyun, as the captain, had the cheeks to take leave to go on holiday with Oh Sehun. Hello, priorities?? Gosh." Hyuna rolled her eyes and snapped her fingers like a white girl, "Anyway I got to take a shower before class. See you when I see you!" Then, Hyuna jogged towards the girls' locker.

When Areum finally entered the building, no one about the kiss, she was expecting some students to mock at her. No one came to bother her, which was something new. To her contrary, there wasn't any crumped notes filled with nasty comments and insults dumped in her locker. Even she saw Soojung and Jongin walking down the corridor, the girl merely gritted her teeth and sent her death glares instead of throwing insulting remarks at her. Maybe her pleading did work and Sehun holds onto his promise by asking everyone to leave her alone. Of course, no one would dare to defy Sehun because no one wants to experience an early death. With a peace of mind, Areum went into her lecture hall with light footsteps.

 

With finals approaching in a few months, Areum and Sulli decided to head to the school library to do revision together after school. There were so many assignments on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter