capítulo once

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum was reluctant to go to school after last night, because she is terrified and she knows the popular kids are not going to let her off so easily. She was lucky last night, but that doesn't mean Sehun would always be her knight in shiny armour whenever she faces troubles because she is a burden that he didn't sign up for in his life. Nonetheless, she dragged herself to school because she has already skipped lessons yesterday and Johnny had sent a text to everyone to stay back after school to talk about the fundraising event that is happening this weekend. As she entered the school building, Sehun, with his arms linked to Joohyun, and Baekhyun and Kai were walking down the corridor and Areum quickly hide behind the pillar to avoid bumping into them. The rowdy boys were laughing while Sehun's eyes were on Joohyun the entire time she was taking her books from her locker. 

She remembered when she got home last night, she heard her aunt and uncle worrying over Joohyun's injury and she was immensely guilty for causing her a broken ankle. Her cousin assured them that it was a minor injury and she will recover soon. The fact that Joohyun kept a secret from her parents, regarding to how she twisted her ankle, made Areum feel worse. When she went to her room and apologised to her cousin again, instead of showing hostility, Joohyun was calm; she accepted the apology and told Areum that it was an accident so she needs to stop feeling bad about it.  

"Get a room please!!"

Areum raised her head when she heard Baekhyun's loud voice and she saw Sehun and Joohyun kissing, with Joohyun leaning against the racks in her locker. They were blocked by the metal door but somehow the boys still caught them with their lips latched to each other.

"Shut up hyung!" Sehun pointed a middle finger at Baekhyun, earning a whack on the head from him. Joohyun pulled away from the kiss in embarrassment and turned her gaze away from the boys as they kept teasing Sehun.

Instead of responding to them, Sehun chose to ignore and he took the books from Joohyun, even though he was already carrying her tote bag. 

"Sehun... You don't have to help me with everything. I am not handicapped."

Sehun stole a kiss from his girlfriend smoothly, eliciting another round of groans and complaints from his friends. 

"But you are my girlfriend, babe. Come on, I will walk you to class, you are going to be late for your practical lesson."

"Ayo guys!"

Chanyeol entered the school building, with his arms latched onto Sulli's shoulder, as he greeted his bros like how they always do. With the arrival of Chanyeol, Baekhyun changed his target from Sehun and Joohyun to the other couple. He was giving them a cheeky smile as he inquired about their absence this morning because the popular clique always come to school together.

"Can't I spend time with my girlfriend alone?"

Sulli blushed when Baekhyun and Jongin made a kissy face to each other. Chanyeol shooed his annoying friends away and threatened to punch them if they continued to and his girlfriend. Areum watches them in envy, how nice it would be if she also have a group of playful friends like them. Though they always tease one another, they are true friends who care about one another genuinely. She wonders how is it like to be wrapped in the arms of Oh Sehun. Judging from the blissful smile on Joohyun's face, she must have felt like the luckiest girl in the world. 

"Areum!"

Sulli called and approached her friend with light footsteps and a bright smile, a complete contradiction to Areum's despondent mood.

"Hey Sulli," Areum tried to force herself to sound chirpy so her friend wouldn't be worried about her.

"You alright?"

Areum nodded.

"That's good, if you have problems, remember to tell me okay!"

Sulli put her hands on Areum's shoulder, forcing her to look at her.

"I am sorry that you and Soojung fought because of me."

Sulli shrugged, "Soojung is really toxic and insolent, I don't really care losing a friend like her."

"But-"

"Hey babe," Chanyeol approached from behind, "I wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter