capítulo diecinueve

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay! All done!"

Areum opened her eyes and she was stupefied by the reflection on the mirror, she could barely recognise herself after putting on makeup. She has never believed the power of makeup but now she does; the blemishes were covered and her skin looks flawless. The cherry red lipstick on her lips made her look energetic and alive. 

"You are so pretty Areum," Sulli clasped her hands together like a proud mother.

For the very first time, she agreed that her face looks different, in a good way. Though the purple dress wrapping tightly around her huge body gives her very minimal allowance to breathe properly, her confidence boosted a little from the makeup. While Sulli was packing her makeup containers, Areum pulled her sleeves down and looked at the scar on her wrist. She had never expected herself to resorted to harming her self but she definitely regretted badly after seeing the brown mark across her wrist. What would her father do if he found out that she inflicted pain on herself? She realised how stupid she was do cut herself, but what's done has been done, this scar shall serve as a reminder about her grave mistake.

Just then, the girls heard car honk from outside. Sulli looked out of the window and smiled brightly when she saw her boyfriend waiting in front of her apartment.

"Chanyeol is here! Let's go!"

"Are you sure he is alright with me coming with you guys?"

Sulli gave Areum an assuring pat, "Yes he is, I have talked to him about it and he didn't mind."

Not wanting Chanyeol to wait for a long time, the girls got their stuff and hurried their way out. Once reaching his car, Chanyeol stepped out and handed a bouquet of roses to Sulli, while Sulli kissed his cheeks as a form of gratitude.

Chanyeol scanned his girlfriend from head to toe and his breath was taken away the moment she walked into his arms, "You are so pretty, what did I do to deserve you?"

Sulli blushed and tucked her hair behind her ear, "Such a sweet talker."

Areum smiled unknowingly as she watched the couple. Chanyeol was right, Sulli looked like an angel that evening. If Areum was a guy, she would probably be swoon by Sulli because she looks beautiful that evening - the black maxi dress was a perfect fit for her slender body, showing curves at the appropriate places, and that pair of silver stiletto heels really accentuate her long milky legs. Though everyone crowned Joohyun as the prettiest girl in school, Sulli is definitely comparable to her.

Chanyeol finally took notice of Areum, "Sup Areum," He was a little surprised by the makeup on her face because the plain jane has never put on makeup before, "Your makeup suits you! You don't look too bad."

Areum nodded with a shy grin. Though he didn't use the word 'pretty', she was still thankful for Chanyeol's kind words.

"Yes, Areum is actually really pretty," Sulli now hooked her arm around her Areum's arm, "Shall we make a move?"

Chanyeol opened the front door and back door for Sulli and Areum, before taking the driver's seat. 

 

Everyone was well dressed for the prom night and Areum felt inferior again because most of the girls could pull off makeup better than her. She still wasn't used to the layer of makeup and glossy lipstick on her face. Guys were drooling at Sulli and if it wasn't the fact that she was attached and her boyfriend was right next to her, all the boys would have flock to her right then.

"Oooh nice dress Sulli," Kyungsoo praised as he bro-fisted with Chanyeol.

"Thanks Kyungsoo, you look good in your suit too."

Chanyeol frowned, "Yah, why didn't you say that to me? And stop flirting in front of me."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and shook his head at his childish friend, while Sulli pacified her boyfriend and told him that he looks the most dashing that evening. Areum stood behind the couple awkwardly as she wasn't part of them and she is probably not welcomed to share a table with them. Not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter