capítulo ocho

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know, Chanyeol came to talk to me earlier on."

Areum saw Sulli's jaws tightened, as tight as her fist clenching onto her pen. She knows her friend would get upset the moment she talks about Chanyeol but she promised Chanyeol and Kai that she would help to talk to Sulli. The silence in the library was causing a stronger tension in the atmosphere, and Areum wonders if she had brought up the topic at the wrong time and place. But since she had started the conversation, she had no choice but to finish it.

"It's really a misunderstanding!"

Areum explained the whole story as quickly as she could so Sulli wouldn't have a chance to cut her off. Sulli's expression softened as she absorbed the information. She had indeed misunderstood Chanyeol.

"But still, it didn't deny the fact that he kissed another girl," Sulli argued, although her heart was wavering to forgive her boyfriend because honestly, it to ignore the boy that she loves.

"He had no choice!" 

The people sharing tables with Areum and Sulli lifted their heads and frowned at Areum for her loud voice. Hurriedly, she bowed to the other patrons apologetically. 

"Sulli," This time, Areum whispered, "Go talk to Chanyeol, hm?"

Sulli didn't give an answer, instead, she merely said she had to attend cheerleading practice, so she grabbed her stuff and left as fast as she could. Areum knew that her friend was going to run away from the problem but she had tried her best to explain the situation. 

It was close to evening time when Areum was more or less done with the proposal and she decided to that it's time to go home. Along the way, Areum saw the basketball players practising and unknowingly, her eyes traveled to Sehun, who has his head in the game and a very solemn expression on his face. She realised that most of the players are seniors, while the juniors, watched them play in awe. The coach ended the practice session with a whistle blow and the boys all turned into rowdy kids again. Indeed, Sehun is very popular among his peers. All the third-year boys crowd around him and of course, Kai's popularity can't be underestimated too because the juniors were all talking to him, perhaps he is more approachable than Sehun. Right then, Areum realised Chanyeol was missing from the group as they slowly made their way out of the basketball court. She figured that his unresolved conflict with Sulli is affecting him really badly.

"Isn't that your fiancée?"

Areum snapped out of trance when she heard Johnny's holler, followed by a "woo" and wolf-whistles from the other basketball boys. 

"Shut up Johnny," Sehun said, with the indifferent demeanour that he always have when he is around her. 

Areum stepped aside to let the boys passed by her while ignoring their teasing. Sehun walked past her without acknowledging her at all and it honestly hurts her a little. 

"The cheerleading girls ended their practice too!"

Turning head around, Areum was taken aback that even the juniors know about the hot girls in the cheerleading club. She was trying to spot for Sulli but sadly, Sulli wasn't around, too. Instead, she had witnessed her cousin running towards Sehun and kissing him on the cheeks and she hooked her arms around his. Sehun's face never fails to light up whenever he sees Joohyun, it's so different when he is facing Areum. 

"Hey Areum," It was Hyuna who called for her and she was glad that at least someone, aside Sulli, cares about her.

"Hi Hyuna, did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter