capítulo siete

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I am sure you guys are aware of the annual fundraising event in two weeks time, do submit your proposal to me by this week. Hope to see great ideas from all of you."

"Yes, Mr Choi."

Areum turned to Sulli, "What fundraising event is that?"

"It's an annual school event! Majors with the highest number of students to represent respective schools to raise funds for charity! Korean literature has the biggest cohort so we are going to represent School of Humanities and Arts," Sulli replied excitedly, while Areum listened in fascination, "I am really excited about this event! It's fun and meaningful!"

As the kids were packing their stuff, Johnny, as the class representative, stood up and clapped his hands, asking his classmates for attention.

"Since we have to come up with the ideas by this week, should we all stay back tomorrow to work on the proposal?"

Everyone agree and proceed to take their leave. Sulli hooked her arm around Areum's arm and made their way out of the school together.

"Is that event going to be really huge?"

Sulli nodded, "Yeah! The event is opened to public too! It's gonna be so fun as it's your first time participating! At the end of the event, the top three majors with the most money raised will be given a gift! Also, the popular king and queen of the event will be selected too."

Areum could feel herself getting excited about the event. She never gets to take part in any event back in her uni in US because no one really bothers to include her. It's a 'popular kid' thing to do, unlike in Korea, everyone in school is involved.

"Who was the top three winners last year?"

"Engineering, Communications, and Business," Sulli replied with a sullen expression, "Business school never fails to get the first position every year and last year, apparently, the business kids raised the highest amount of money in history, and everyone attributed their achievement to Sehun's popularity and charm. Aside Sehun, there are Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongin, and Kyungsoo. They are the famous five. They are bound to win. Communications was under the lead of Soojung, Hyuna, and Seulgi, while Engineering was under the lead of Mark and Taeyong," Sulli shrugged, "Popular kids really get their ways through with their looks and popularity. Although I am happy for Chanyeol, I wish our major can win too!"

"We have Johnny and you."

Areum isn't sure how popular Johnny is, but she has seen him with the basketball boys all the time and occasionally, he would hang around Sehun too. He is always shouting and laughing really loudly, and is always behaving like a clown with his friends. He should be able to help win something for the Korean literature. 

"Johnny is popular but comparing to those that I have mentioned, he is still losing abit. And also, I am not as flamboyant as the other cheerleading girls. People started to know more about me after I started dating Chanyeol."

Areum has noticed that despite that fact that Sulli gets along with the other girls in the cheerleading team, she isn't a bimbo, like them. She is kind, caring, and down to earth. While the other girls bragged who they had with the previous night, Sulli would just listen and remind them to use protection.  

Just when the girls were chatting, Sulli paused as she saw someone familiar inside a black Audi at the school carpark. Her jaw stiffened and tears were threatening to drop the scene played right in front of her eyes like a movie. Areum noticed her strange behaviour, she turned towards the direction of her vision and she gasped. Chanyeol was making out with a girl, whom Areum hasn't seen before, inside of his car. Before Areum could calm Sulli down, Sulli dashed towards the car and banged the window with clenched fist. The girl and Chanyeol looked up in astonishment and Chanyeol looked extremely terrified to see his girlfriend with angry tears rolling down. Chanyeol adjusted his clothes and hurried himself out of the car.

"Sulli, this isn't what-"

Sulli had given Chanyeol a slap across his face. Areum covered in shock.

"A leopard never changes its spots. That phrase describes you perfectly Park Chanyeol. I am breaking up with you."

Chanyeol grabbed onto Sulli's wrist tightly when she turned her back towards him, "No Sulli! Let me explain!!"

Sulli swung his grip away, "Don't touch me you dirty piece of ! What's there to explain? If I weren't here to interrupt, you would have gotten yourself inside of her!"

"I-"

"Let's go Areum."

Sulli dragged Areum with her, leaving a frustrated Chanyeol on the spot.

 

Areum noticed visible eyebags and swollen eyes on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter