capítulo nueve

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Holy ! Have you guys heard??"

Baekhyun ran frantically to join his clique at their usual table, and the moment he settled down, he was breathless and panting like mad, as if he just ran a marathon.

"What's up Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked, with an indifferent expression hung on his face.

"Kim Areum is representing Korean literature for the fundraising event!!"

"What??!!" Chanyeol and Jongin seem to get the shock of their lives after hearing the news.

"Are you sure, hyung?" Sehun shot Baekhyun a doubtful look. 

Why would the kids in Korean literature nominate the outcast as their booth's leader? Either they were pranking her, or she volunteered. It's impossible that they genuinely want her to be the leader, right?

"I saw the list of booths and leaders and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her name!!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"What are they thinking? Trying to dig their own graves? Did they want to lose so badly?" Jongin mocked, and high-fived Chanyeol who was laughing hard.

"I am curious too..." Baekhyun couldn't think of an explanation either.

"Nevertheless, we are going to win anyway. We have Sehun."

The boys nodded at Baekhyun's words. They have been winning for the past two years and this year, it's going to be no exception as well. 

"Sehun is also going to win the popular king title this year," Kyungsoo looked at the younger lad with pride. 

Another highlight of the fundraising event is the selection of the university's popular king and queen. Sehun and Joohyun have been crowned that title for the past two years because everyone in school doesn't see any reason to not vote for them. The, the popular king and queen of the school have to follow the school tradition by kissing each other for 10 seconds on stage in front of everyone, which is also seen as a way to encourage the birth of a campus couple. 

"Maybe it's time for someone else to win..."

The boys looked at Sehun with raised brows.

"Where is the fun if I were to win everytime?"

His eyes were fixed on Kim Areum, who just entered the cafeteria to get coffee, and a evil grin formed on his face.

 

"You don't even know how ridiculous it is for Kim Areum to represent my course!!"

Joohyun shook her head while she grabbed fresh clothes to change into after the morning run with her cheerleading girls. Chaeyeon has been complaining to Joohyun, Soojung, and Seulgi the entire morning. Soojung and Seulgi were shocked to hear about that ridiculous joke but could only look at Chaeyeon in sympathy.

"I can totally understand your feelings girl," Soojung raised her palm and talked like a white girl, as she flipped her hair behind her back, "What was Johnny thinking? Is he alright? Maybe you should give his brain a check Joohyun sunbae!"

The girls laughed and carried on discussing about the whole 'Kim Areum representing Korean literature' thing, and unlike them, Joohyun wasn't as much of a gossiper. Sure she does take part sometimes, but she is less obnoxious than the girls who talk bad behind people's backs like it's their favourite hobby. 

After the four of them freshened up, they walked out of the female's lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter