capitulo doce

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How small can the world get? I can't believe the Kim Areum that called me is the Kim Areum that my grandson is going to marry!"

Sehun's grandpa guffawed. Areum nodded awkwardly but Sehun, who is now occupying the chair next to her, had his usual poker face on his face as he played with his favourite golden retriever. It sounds really weird for his grandpa to call her "the Areeum" that he is going to marry. Since when did he agree to that marriage? He was forced to and he can't even put his hatred and reluctance into words. 

"You two look good together!"

"What the ? No!!"

Sehun was so repulsive by his grandpa's words that it kinda hurt Areum to see the same disgusted face he has whenever he sees her, though she could understand. He is hot, tall, and handsome, while she is just no one, nothing like the beautiful Joohyun.

"Grandpa, you know I have a girlfriend," Sehun stated with a note of finality. He seems so pissed that it makes Areum feel bad for him to be associated with her.

Sehun's grandpa released a sound of disapproval with a grumpy expression, "Nahh! What's so good about Joohyun? She is too scrawny and the makeup on her face is too thick!"

Areum couldn't believe what her ears just heard. Did Sehun's grandpa downright insult the beautiful Joohyun that every girl dreams to be?

"Look at Areum, she is like... a ball of happiness!"

Sehun looked at Areum and scorned, "She is severely overweight. She has a bad sense of fashion. I don't even know why would people hang out with her."

Sehun's insult strips the remaining self-esteem that Areum had off her. How many times is Sehun going to hurt her with his malicious words? Does he not have a limit? Areum ponders. She knows Sehun is talking about Sulli being her friend and the guilt she felt towards Sulli crept in again.

"Yah!"

Grandpa Oh took the stack of newspaper and smacked Sehun's head from behind, surprising Areum by the loud thud. Tamago barked. Sehun turned around to look at his grandpa out of reflex with a deep frown. 

"Who taught you those nasty s?! How can you say such things about your fiancée?" 

Sehun ignored his grandpa, neither does he show any sign of remorse. It makes him even more angry that his grandfather is officially on Kim Areum's side. He was just stating the fact! Is Areum going to lose those pounds magically if he kept the comments to himself? Sehun thought.

"Areum, stay for dinner with Sehun and me."

"No, it's alright! I have to leave so-"

"No objection, you are going to be my future granddaughter-in-law yet I barely know much about you! Let's talk over dinner."

 

Areum couldn't say no, neither can Sehun can no because he doesn't want to anger his grandpa, who is too old to handle any agitation. For the sake of his grandfather, he will force himself to eat with Areum. When grandpa went to answer the phone call, Sehun and Areum was left alone, of course and the well-behaved Tamago who was lying on Sehun's feet. Sehun realised Areum was looking at Tamago with hearts in her eyes the whole time.

"Stop staring at Tamago, she is going to be uncomfortable."

Areum nodded and looked away, she figured that Sehun probably didn't like her staring at his favourite dog.

"Judging from the way you look at animals, you must be a huge animal lover..."

Areum had slightly opened. She was surprised that Sehun was initiating normal conversation for the first time. 

"Yeah, I love animals! That's why I intend to put up an adoption corner at the fundraising event, so all these adorable dogs and cats can look for a home."

Their conversation ended there as Sehun did not know what else to say. If it was someone else, he would have expressed his gratitude for the adoption project because he is also an animal lover and he wants all these animals to find owners that would love and care for them. Now that the person who initiated the project is someone whom he detested, he felt like something was stuck in his throat to prevent him from talking properly. Tamago stood up and walked towards Areum, Areum, with hearts in her eyes, left her seat and sat next to Tamago to play with the golden retriever. Right then, she seems to forget that Tamago is Sehun's possession and neither did Sehun lecture her for playing with Tamago. He looked at their interaction, perhaps, this is the least he can do to show his gratitude because even a dog is more compassionate and affectionate towards Areum than him. 

"I realise you seem to like naming the animals after food!" 

Without realising that she was talking casually to Sehun, as if he was her friend, Areum lifted her head and flashed a really bright smile to Sehun, before bringing her attention back to Tamago.

"Oh, hmm, isn't it cute to name them after food names?"

"It is!! Gochujang, Tamago, is there anything else??"

Sehun has never met someone as pure and innocent as Areum, who is completely over the moon just by playing with animals. It feels like animals are her entire world and they are her precious treasures. He hates her, but he kinda wants to talk to her about animals because his girlfriend and his friends can't understand the joy animals bring. Maybe in an alternate universe, they could be friends who share same interest. Maybe if she isn't his fiancée, things would be different and their relationship would be more amicable.

"Yeah... There is Tomato, a Schnauzer, Latte, a toy poodle, and Carrot, a Chihuahua-"

Areum squealed unknowingly when Tamago her hand. With animals, Areum tends to forget her surrounding.

"Oh sorry," She realised Sehun was watching her and Tamago in amusement, "Animals are real blessin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter