capítulo cuarenta y dos

Inner Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum was surprised to find herself sleeping somewhere that isn't her room when she opened her eyes. She had been to Sehun's room a few times so she could tell from the familiar interior that she slept on Sehun's bed even though the lights were off, with a deeply asleep Sehun next to her. It's 2 am. What happened earlier on? She remembered watching TV in the living room while reading on her pregnancy book earlier on so how did she end up sleeping in Sehun's room? She heaved a sigh of relief to find herself still in her hoodie because she thought history repeated again. Carefully, Areum slipped her feet out of the duvet, hoping to return to her room, and she heard a grunt from Sehun at her slight movement. Areum froze and her breath hitched, she prayed that she could get out of Sehun's room without waking him up. Before her body could escape from the bed, Areum felt an arm draping over her waist and she quickly shut her eyes and pinched her nose to stop herself from breathing. The room was so quiet that she could hear her own heart beating like crazy and she wondered if Sehun could hear it as well. Now she is stuck in an uncomfortable position, her legs are touching the ground but her upper body is still on the bed. If she were to remove Sehun's arm from her leave right now, Sehun would definitely wake up and whined for getting his sleep disrupted. Areum sighed as she brought her feet back under the duvet and forced herself to close her eyes because her heart couldn't stop racing knowing that Sehun is sleeping right next to her. Eventually, Areum succumbed to sleep. 

Areum was the first to wake up the next morning. Instead of the door, she was greeted by a white cloth when she opened her eyes. It didn't take her long to realise her head was lying on Sehun's chest while his chin was directly on top of her head as they slept with their arms wrapped around each other. How did they end up in this position? Areum was pretty sure that there was a gap in between them before she fell asleep last night. Now her heart began to beat at irregular pace again and she could feel her cheeks heating up from their intimate position. Although she knows this is forbidden, she can't help herself to enjoy the feeling of sleeping in Sehun's arms. It feels good and secure. That moment was short-lived because Sehun woke up a few minutes after her. Areum quickly lowered her head to avoid eye contact with Sehun, who groaned after realising a heavy weight on him the moment he opened his eyes. She darted her eyes around the room as she wondered what Sehun is going to say about their position. Areum felt large movement from Sehun as he reached for his phone to check the time. Should she pretend to sleep? So as to avoid the awkward interaction that will take place if they are both awake. 

As if luck was on her side, Sehun’s phone rang and slowly, Sehun removed his arms from Areum and got down from his bed before making his way to the balcony.

“What’s up hyung?”

“Ayo maknae!” Chanyeol was too loud to Sehun’s liking on a freaking Saturday morning, “We are having a cookout gathering at my place, are you coming?”

“What’s the ocassion?” Honestly, Sehun just wanted to spend the rest of his day on his bed and sleep in.

“Nothing! It has been long since we all hang out! So I will see you then! Oh and bring your wife! Bye!”

“Wait!” Before Sehun could say another word, Chanyeol had already hung up the call, to Sehun’s displeasure.

As he made his way back to his room, he realised his messy bed was empty and there was no presence of Areum. He chuckled and shook his head. That girl must have freaked out to find herself sleeping in his room.

Once Areum got back to her room, her heart rate calmed down a lot and she was glad that her cheeks aren’t as red as earlier. Thank goodness for the call, which gave a chance her to escape from his room and avoid any form of interaction with Sehun. She got startled by the knock from behind her door and she could her cheeks heating up again knowing that Sehun is right behind the door because there isn’t any other soul aside the two of them living in this apartment. Areum looked into the mirror to tidy her entangled hair and to ensure that she didn’t look like a mess before opening the door.

“Yes?” Areum wondered how is it fair that Sehun still look so good even when he just woke up.

“Hmm Chanyeol hyung is inviting us over to his place, do you want to go?”

Areum was surprised by the invitation but, nonetheless, agree to it.

“Great, we will leave in an hour’s time?”

“Sure!” Areum then frowned at the bruise at Sehun’s lips, “Why is your lips bruised?”

 

“Oh,” Sehun caressed the part where Yixing punched, “It’s nothing.” Damn, that was too aggressive and merciless with his punch yesterday; the wounded area still hurts.

 

When Areum walked out of her room, she saw how good Sehun looked in casual outfit, as he was looking through his phone while enjoying a cup of coffee, and her heart skipped a beat again. She whined inside her head because her heart hasn’t be behaving well and listening to her recently. It tends to go a little crazy whenever she is around Sehun.

“You ready to go?” He took notice of her presence. Areum hopes she doesn’t look like next to Sehun.

“Shall we bring Tamago with us?” Areum asked as the dog was looking at the two of them with her big sparkling eyes, as if begging them to bring her out too.

“Sure!”

 

During the car ride, Areum and Tamago occupied the backseat since Areum didn’t feel safe to let Tamago sit behind by herself. The two of them didn’t speak a word to each other, neither have they brought up the topic of the pregnancy because Sehun couldn’t find the best time to talk about it. He wanted to so earlier on but Chanyeol hyung had to ruin the goddamn opportunity. He looked up at his rear mirror and the moment both of them made accident eye contact, they averted their vision to different directions.

“Seriously Oh Sehun, what’s so hard about talking about the child?? Be a real man!”

“Are-”

“Oh look Tamago, we are here!!” Areum chirped to Tamago as she pointed at the house outside the window. Her high-pitched voice drowned Sehun’s mumbling voice completely.

He muttered a curse under his breath for missing the timing again. After he parked his car, Areum and Tamago got down, and the girl ran towards Sulli to give her a hug. Sulli squealed at the sight of Tamago but her mood changed drastically upon seeing Sehun.

“Oh hi Oh Se Jerk.”

Areum’s eyes turned as round as a saucer at Sulli’s greeting towards Sehun. She must have done that because of her and she muttered prayers in her head, praying that Sehun will walk out of the place alive later on.

“What a nice way of saying good morning Miss bad-tempered,” Sehun retorted with full blown sarcasm and Areum could see the fire swimming in Sulli’s eyes.

“S-Shall we head inside??” Areum changed the subject quickly before Sulli pulled Sehun’s hair out of his scalp.

 

The moment Areum and Sehun set their foot in, they were greeted by party poppers and loud cheers from the boys, Sulli, and Soojung, which left the two of them in shock as Areum released a yelp.

“What is going on??” Sehun asked with a big frown as he tried to get the streamers off his head.

“Well it’s to congratulate you for being the first in our group to become a dad!!” Baekhyun said, feeling proud of the good idea that he came up with.

“Yeah! It’s a joyous occasion!” Kyungsoo, who rarely shows his emotion, smiled for once.

Sehin groaned, “Seriously, the streamers are stuck to my hair.”

“Oh come on Sehun, don’t be such a party pooper!!” Chanyeol threw his hands up in the air before helping Sehun to remove the streamers.

As the gang seemed to have been too generous with the party poppers, Areum also struggled to get the streamers that were entwined with her hair off her head. She was caught off guard when she felt a pair of hands on top of her head and she turned around to see Sehun helping her to get rid of the streamers. She was touched by his gesture and again, her heart started to do somersault inside of her.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked.

“Y-Yeah,” Areum wanted to slap herself mentally for stuttering her words.

“Aww Sehun is finally a husband material now huh?” Baekhyun teased as he was watching Sehun removing the streamers from Areum’s head and combing her hair at the same time like what a caring husband would do.

“Shut up hyung, I am starving.”

Sehun walked away to avoid all the teasing from the older guys but obviously, they wouldn’t let him off and get off his back so easily. After the boys and Soojung made their way to the backyard garden, Sulli grabbed the chance to talk to Areum since there were only the two of them at the living room.

“So, judging from his post, I guess Sehun is going to take the responsibility?”

Areum shrugged, “I gue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter